Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2015 11:17:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes. Just saw this. I think I might order one with the SADA comp hammer, cz85 trigger, polish feed ramp and hood, and test fire. But I'm confused by the sight options. What is the best combo with those?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's CZC's Shadow sight offerings:

http://czcustom.com/sp01shadow75shadowrearsights.aspx

Sights are a personal preference, I'm partial to the red fiber front and the black Shadow rear.

More sight options:

http://czcustom.com/cz-factory-sights.aspx

If you're still not sure, give CZC a call and ask them to help guide you in your sight selection. The purpose of the pistol will play a large part in their suggestions.
View Quote

Even after looking at that I'm confused lol. I think I want either the competition rear or the fully adjustable one that adds 200 bucks. But then do I go 1.0mm or 1.5mm fiber optic front sight?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The larger front sight will obscure more of the target. I have the 1.0 on two pistols and like them very much. The front sight will be easier and cheaper to change over if you would prefer a larger dot on the front sight.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's CZC's Shadow sight offerings:

http://czcustom.com/sp01shadow75shadowrearsights.aspx

Sights are a personal preference, I'm partial to the red fiber front and the black Shadow rear.

More sight options:

http://czcustom.com/cz-factory-sights.aspx

If you're still not sure, give CZC a call and ask them to help guide you in your sight selection. The purpose of the pistol will play a large part in their suggestions.

Even after looking at that I'm confused lol. I think I want either the competition rear or the fully adjustable one that adds 200 bucks. But then do I go 1.0mm or 1.5mm fiber optic front sight?

The larger front sight will obscure more of the target. I have the 1.0 on two pistols and like them very much. The front sight will be easier and cheaper to change over if you would prefer a larger dot on the front sight.

good point. I have a .125 wide front sight on my glock with a .125 rear. I like it because having a narrow sight picture improves accuracy imo but slows down sight alignment. I may even try a .115/.115 or a .105/.115.

From what I understand the CZ rears are all pretty much .125 widths. How does 1.0 and 1.5 convert to standard measurements like I'm used to?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:32:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm confused - some of the parts they list as custom, I thought were standard on the CZ Shadows. Specifically the fiber optic front sight, the competition hammer, etc. Plus these are ~$500 cheaper than I can find them anywhere else.

What exactly are these pistols and how do they differ from the ~$1,300 CZ SP01 Shadow pistols I'm seeing everywhere else?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Awesome reply, thanks Maynard! So am I correct in assuming that these can be carried DA/SA or SA cocked and locked, like the CZ target models?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I talked to cz custom and I'm ordering the accu-shadow. Same wait time and it's only 100 bucks more then the build I made for the regular shadow.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:12:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Superb.

How long is the wait?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I talked to cz custom and I'm ordering the accu-shadow. Same wait time and it's only 100 bucks more then the build I made for the regular shadow.

Superb.

How long is the wait?

8 weeks but maybe faster because they said they are getting caught up.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Been looking at CZs for a while now.  My son has 2, and they both shoot every well.  Love the way they feel in my hand.  This post pushed me over the top.  Postal money order in the mail today.  Subtract one from inventory.  Can't wait to shoot it!
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#15]
These are nice, but I'm looking at the long slides on gunbroker right now...
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Been looking at CZs for a while now.  My son has 2, and they both shoot every well.  Love the way they feel in my hand.  This post pushed me over the top.  Postal money order in the mail today.  Subtract one from inventory.  Can't wait to shoot it!
View Quote

Did you order it from czcustomshop?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:50:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=472301624

Hard to justify it when I can almost get a Glock 17L and a Grand Power Xcalibur for the same price.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:54:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hard to justify it when I can almost get a Glock 17L and a Grand Power Xcalibur for the same price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

Holy cow. I can't. Wait for that thing to be production-legal!
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the gun in the first post link for $880, item 91154 .  Spoke to an excellent CS Rep named Robb at CZ Customs.  Very helpful individual.  Money order was addressed to CZ Custom Shop, but mailing address was Ghost Products Inc.  Figure me and my clan (Wife, 2 daughters, and my son) will break it in upon arrival.  Loading 900 rounds on the LNL while we wait.  I'll let you guys know how thing turn out.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The pistol in the link does have the fiber front sight, and Shadow rear, I believe it also has a Shadow hammer versus the race hammer.

How it differs from the Shadow Targets is the short reset, trigger pull weight, adjustable rear sight and level of tuning/polishing

From CZC's description.

The CZ 75 SP-01 SHADOW features:

New style sights consisting of fiber optic front and Competition Style rear promote faster and more accurate target acquisition.

Shadow is fitted with a newly redesigned hammer originating from the CZ 75 Champion. This hammer is slightly wider and has modified sear engagement for smoother release and more positive ignition.

85 Combat style slide without firing pin block helps to smooth the trigger pull and improve distance of trigger reset.

85 Combat Style trigger with over travel adjustment helps to remove excess rear ward trigger movement.

Higher cuts beneath the trigger guard and beaver tail enable a higher grip on the gun, which helps to reduce felt recoil and muzzle flip.

Lighter recoil and main springs originating from original CZ 75 Specifications help to create a smoother more consistent action.

Safeties as found on the CZ 75 SA are fitted as standard; these provide a larger surface area for better positioning of the thumb.

Extended Magazine release allows for ease of reach and more positive ejection of magazine under stressful situations.

Fully beveled magazine well, substantially improves speed and ease of reloading.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm confused - some of the parts they list as custom, I thought were standard on the CZ Shadows. Specifically the fiber optic front sight, the competition hammer, etc. Plus these are ~$500 cheaper than I can find them anywhere else.

What exactly are these pistols and how do they differ from the ~$1,300 CZ SP01 Shadow pistols I'm seeing everywhere else?

The pistol in the link does have the fiber front sight, and Shadow rear, I believe it also has a Shadow hammer versus the race hammer.

How it differs from the Shadow Targets is the short reset, trigger pull weight, adjustable rear sight and level of tuning/polishing

From CZC's description.

The CZ 75 SP-01 SHADOW features:

New style sights consisting of fiber optic front and Competition Style rear promote faster and more accurate target acquisition.

Shadow is fitted with a newly redesigned hammer originating from the CZ 75 Champion. This hammer is slightly wider and has modified sear engagement for smoother release and more positive ignition.

85 Combat style slide without firing pin block helps to smooth the trigger pull and improve distance of trigger reset.

85 Combat Style trigger with over travel adjustment helps to remove excess rear ward trigger movement.

Higher cuts beneath the trigger guard and beaver tail enable a higher grip on the gun, which helps to reduce felt recoil and muzzle flip.

Lighter recoil and main springs originating from original CZ 75 Specifications help to create a smoother more consistent action.

Safeties as found on the CZ 75 SA are fitted as standard; these provide a larger surface area for better positioning of the thumb.

Extended Magazine release allows for ease of reach and more positive ejection of magazine under stressful situations.

Fully beveled magazine well, substantially improves speed and ease of reloading.

Holy moly... that is so confusing. New to CZs and been recommended the CZ-75 Shadow as the 1911 of 9mm handguns. Was also told to get the new versions with the short reset triggers, but there are so many variants it's difficult to keep track of.

Saw people on BrianEnos recommending to order the Cajun Gun Works CZ Shadows for $1375... then I googled up the new CZ-75 Shadow II from CZ Custom shop... what are the differences? Any help would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Maynard had a good summary. Only minor point is that IDPA has banned the SP-01 Shadow Target and (probably all as I believe the milling isn't ESP kosher on an accu-lite) Accushadows.

You can mill the slide on an ESP gun for sights, so a 75 Shadow Target (without the Full length dust cover/rail) doesn't need to meet SSP rules to play and can be run in ESP.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#25]
So the CZ 75 SP01 Shadow that Maynard kindly linked is the best bang for buck excellent CZ75, correct?

Any chance there's a SAO version available? Trigger pull the same on them?

Can you have the CZ75 SP01 Shadow DA/SA in single action with a safety on like an HK or Sig?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top