Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 6:42:44 PM EDT
For this years tax return gun i decided to pick something out of my box. i am mainly a M&P guy but have always loved the looks of the CZs. picked up a new P-07 2014 model from a FFL buddy. paid $503 out the door. i could have saved a few more bucks but figured i help my buddy and local business out.

i knew i wanted to carry it sometime for SD so i also ordered a new Crimson Trace CMR-205 light laser combo. i have several models of streamlight but i really like the thin profile and looks of this combo. price was right too at $175 from ebay.

picked it up yesterday. this morning i swapped from decocker to safety mode since i will carry cocked and locked. i have no other DA pistols so i prefer the SA mode. Small backstrap felt good to me so left it on. broke it down, cleaned it, and froglubed it. i also when ahead and beveled the edge of the safety lever a bit so my thumb could clear it better and grab the far side of the safety to get the leverage.

I plan on picking up a few more mags, one with extended basepad. and will be stippling the grip. swapping to a plain back rear sight and red fiber front. might undercut the bottom of the trigger guard a bit as well.

Course i will have to make a holster for it too. i build custom kydex holsters and im thinking IWB canted worn around 4 o'clock. will use Kryptek Highlander print just like i used for my Shield holster.

RANGE REPORT
I am blessed to have a range in the back yard. dueling tree, movers, rolling targets, paper targets, steel hanging from 0 to 150 yards. First 10-12 rounds out of the gun were factory brass at 7 yards. all shooting was SA. not a bad group:

I also ran a mag of tula steel cased thru the gun. mostly i ran my 125Gr reloads with Falcon Falcoat bullets. i had exactly one stovepipe using my reloads. i chalked it up to a it being a new gun. no other issues.

Also practiced defensive style shooting. simulated holster draw, safety disengage, double or triple taps to mid mass, or Mozambique. might have have a few 4-5 shot dumps to mid mass or head in there too.

VIDEOS:
Dueling tree:

http://youtu.be/sUabvdoy3UY

Long range. Half size target at 60 yards for the first few shots. 12" gong at 100 yards for a few more. last two up close. still finding my holds.

tGngLzxB9s0

Also had to take a glamor shots!

Here is an example of my holster work. i will be offering my services to members if you want a custom holster.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top