Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 12:07:57 PM EDT
Anyone know where I can get good, sharp edged 0.125 wide front sights for the CZ-75 and CZ-Kadets?

I'm looking for .125 wide and .281 (bottom of base to top of blade) with a white dot or tritium.
.275 tall would also be acceptable.

The factory front sights are "soft" with rounded edges, which makes a big difference for us. A nice sharp edge gives us a better sight picture.

It seems like everyone either doesn't make them in a good height, or doesn't/can't put a dot on it, or only makes skinny sights (which we hate and can't hit with).
Dawson Precision -- skinny sights.
CZ-Custom -- skinny sights or no dot.

I found a place that will make them, for >$100 each. Trying to decide what I want to do.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe I've heard David @ Cajun Gun Works will make custom sights for people. Not sure on cost though. It would probably be subject to a 5 week or so return time as well as that is his current work backlog.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It seems like everyone either doesn't make them in a good height, or doesn't/can't put a dot on it, or only makes skinny sights (which we hate and can't hit with).
View Quote

Did you try calling Dawson and asking them if they could make one exactly to your specs?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you try calling Dawson and asking them if they could make one exactly to your specs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dawson was not open to modifying PPQ rear sights. I wanted a narrow notch rear sight with tritium, which they make without tritium. However, they were only willing to do the rear sight with a notch slightly larger with tritium, even though by the admission of someone there it is a simple cut and paste to get the drill holes from one CNC/3D model to another.

That kind of put me off calling them about this. Which is a real shame, as I think they make some of the best sights on the market.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got off the phone with Dawson. They're building them for me. :-) First person to ever order a CZ tritium sight from them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just got off the phone with Dawson. They're building them for me. :-) First person to ever order a CZ tritium sight from them.
View Quote

Good to hear.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good to hear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to hear.

I was pleasantly surprised. And I talked to two different people (one on the phone and one by email) who both said "no problem".
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
I wish they'd make me a u-notch rear sight. :-(

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may not need a U notch. Do you want the U so the front dot is visible? One of the reasons we got the Dawson PPQ rear sights is that they cut the square notch deep enough that all of the front dot is visible in the rear notch. (This saves filing on and cold bluing a $100 rear Trijicon or Meprolight to make it fit.)
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You may not need a U notch. Do you want the U so the front dot is visible? One of the reasons we got the Dawson PPQ rear sights is that they cut the square notch deep enough that all of the front dot is visible in the rear notch. (This saves filing on and cold bluing a $100 rear Trijicon or Meprolight to make it fit.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the way the dot settles into a u notch better, it is more like a peep sight than regular notch and post. Deep and wide might win me over, but something about the rounded out inside makes me shoot faster while maintaining accuracy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top