Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2015 10:38:15 PM EDT
After suffering through the infernal 10 day wait, I picked up my new addition to the stable today. A 75 SA that I've been lusting for. I took it to the range, lubed the slide and cleaned her up a bit, wiped her down, and went through 250 rounds of a few flavors of 9mm. It shot better first day out of the box than my SP01 does after playing with it for a couple years. I was amazed. My SP01 is good, but this new SA is a freaking laser. It grouped quite well with S&B 115 grn ball, but it really stood out with the 124 Geco, and even better with the Freedom Munitions 124 grn ball. Both 124 grn offerings cut single hole 20 round groups at 10 yards. I could cover 20 rounds with a closed fist at 15 yards with those two. The S&B wasn't quite as good, but still very respectable. 124 grn ammo seems to be preferred by my SP01 as well, so that's not really surprising to me. At 7 yards the thing was just silly with any of the three rounds. Guy on the range next to me asked with a wink and a grin, "Why use such a big piece of paper for your target if you're only going to shoot such a small part of it?".

The only thing I didn't love was that the trigger has a good bit of take up on the pull, and a L O N G reset, just like my SP01. I may send them both in to get some trigger work done at some point just because. It would be nice if the triggers were a little more 1911 like to match their safe-mates. Or not. It's certainly not anything that affects them from a shooting standpoint.The only thing certain change to is going to be grips on both of them. I think VZ Tactical diamonds for the SP01, and the half checkered wood CZ grips on the SA.

The SA seems to be a more natural pointer for me too. Not as front heavy as the SP01. Go figure.

One other small gripe,.....My Kadet conversion didn't quite fit the frame. It was just barely hanging up at the rear of the frame. I'll have to relieve a bit from the Kadet slide to get it to mate up, but it should be easy enough. I had to do significant filing to fit it to my SP01, but with just a little bit of effort, it should fit up well with both guns.

Definitely a keeper!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:03:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top