Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2015 4:37:36 PM EDT
Worth the extra $$$ over a standard P09?  

From their website, here are the upgrades:

9100 CGW Hammer Kit delivers a crisp SA, short reset, and reduces SA pre-travel
* 92030 Short Reset Kit that cuts the SA reset 50% and reduces up to 80% of SA pre-travel?
* 97910 CGW Ultra-Lite Kit replaces the factory springs and includes our superb 61050 "Perfection" firing pin
* 97058 CGW oversized DA roller for optimal timing
* Trigger drilled and tapped for single-action over-travel

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a CGW P-09, but I have an SP-01 with the same upgrades (minus drilled trigger and oversized roller because those two are P series specific upgrades)...and yes, it's worth the price + some.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, CGW as a rule is always worth the money.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one done early last year and it is definitely worth the upgrade.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got a P-09 today.  Feels pretty good in the hand.  The trigger is pretty good for a stock gun, but it does have some take up even in single action, but it is pretty smooth.  The DA is a little gritty, but it is brand new so time will tell.  Right now I plan on getting some new sights, likely dawson precision, and leaving everything else stock for a while.  Maybe in the future I will send it over to CGW.

25m factory target.  I hope the three in the middle is the real potential and the other are flyers/DA pull.  I've read somewhere that cz fires the test by hand, no rest.  Seeing a few other various CZ models' targets on other forums, I feel pretty good about it.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two, one with over 9k rounds through it.  It is phenomenal.  I used it in bullseye matches in 2014, and replaced it with a CZ-97 in .45 over Christmas for 2015.  

Here is video of a 200 yard shooting session with the CGW P-09.  

http://youtu.be/Jx9A1KbeTBw

I've shot it two more times at 200 yards with similar results and six times at 100 yards with the  best group a little under 4".  

If you like the grip and weight and feel of the gun, get it with the CGW parts or install them yourself.  

Joe

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Great looking p09, dcs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have two, one with over 9k rounds through it.  It is phenomenal.  I used it in bullseye matches in 2014, and replaced it with a CZ-97 in .45 over Christmas for 2015.  

Here is video of a 200 yard shooting session with the CGW P-09.  

http://youtu.be/Jx9A1KbeTBw

I've shot it two more times at 200 yards with similar results and six times at 100 yards with the  best group a little under 4".  

If you like the grip and weight and feel of the gun, get it with the CGW parts or install them yourself.  

Joe

View Quote

Impressive.  I would be lucky to do anything close to that with a iron sighted rifle at that range.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I have fully "cajunized" mine myself and added a few things over and above what they offer in their "pro-grade" package. I have done the firing pin, short reset kit, hammer, extra power sear spring, trigger with the set screw, blue 13lb hammer spring, gold 15lb recoil spring and SS guiderod. I also have their sights installed which I think are made by dawson. Quite honestly it's a night and day difference over a stock pistol and I use it for some informal comps.

As far as must have upgrades, the short reset kit and hammer spring are it. Everything else makes it better, but IMHO the gun needs those upgrades bad. The set screw trigger is not really needed with the SRS kit and hammer as that takes basically all the overtravel out. The SA trigger is better than any stock gun I've tried including some stock 1911's but isn't as good as a perfectly worked over 1911 trigger. It is truly remarkable for drop in parts and rivals Geisselle in that regard. In fact, my P09 with cajun parts feels a lot like an Enhanced Geisselle with the light take up then icicle like break.

If you buy the CGW gun, you will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Dammit.....you are going to cost me more money .   I think  I am going to do the short reset and hammer spring for sure.  I am going to try to wait a few months.  

The first thing I'm going to do is get new dawson sights for it.  9mm4me, did the what I assume are dawson sights you got from CGW come with the nylon tipped punch and the a little socket wrench for the front sight?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't speak to what the sights came with as that's the only work I haven't done myself. Previous owner installed them and sold the gun the gun to me with only 50 rounds through. I also got 3 xtra mags, 4 single mag carriers and a kydex holster :).

44.6mm!!!

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a P07 with a spring kit from him, and I was considering going whole hog with the P09 I bought.  

I was curious whether or not I could convert it to SAO, delete the FPB and set the trigger for a tight, short reset like you can on a 75B.  

David told me I couldnt convert it to SAO and deleting the FPB on these guns is a bad idea.   So, I think Im just going to order his short reset kit, hammer, and springs and see how I like it.  

I do like the gun, it just needs a little tuning.   The double action is horrible.  The tuned 75's Ive gotten over the years has spoiled me.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Cajunized P09 and it's great! Well worth the extra money!
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Something weird I discovered last night, my glock 22 will fit in my P-09 kydex holster quite well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top