Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2015 5:29:05 PM EDT
I have been in love with the CZ since I have started stalking the picture threads over a year ago. I picked up an EAA B6P as a cheap way to see how I felt about the platform. I'm in. So my question is: what do I buy first? I have a couple extra MecGar 19rd mags I got as backup for the B6P, so being able to utilize them would be a plus. I also have a couple of cans coming this year, so threaded would be nice but not required. Looking to spend around $500-550. I am also a bargain shopper, so I will try to find the best deal on whatever it is.

I really like the steel 75B, but the P09 comes threaded for just over $500. I could always use another compact, but if going polymer I would prefer the full sized threaded 09. Any help is greatly appreciated, and I can already hear my wallet sobbing from all of the great advice.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#1]
their newest one... the CZ 1911

I never wanted a 1911 until CZ brought out theirs this year. Now, I want a CZ 1911.  and a CZ75.

I want to compare the 75 to my Browning Hi-Powers.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I own a lot of CZs, I still love the P-01 the best.  It just feels perfect in the hand.  It is a perfect size, alloy frame, rail and very accurate.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own a lot of CZs, I still love the P-01 the best.  It just feels perfect in the hand.  It is a perfect size, alloy frame, rail and very accurate.
View Quote

Do they come in safety or decocker? Which do you prefer?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The P-01 comes with a decocker.  I have learned to appreciate the decocker but I also don't mind a safety and have a 75B and 75 SA both with safeties as well.  I did choose to go with the decocker on my P07.  If you are more comfortable with a safety over a decocker you can get the P-02 which is exactly the same as the P-01 but with a safety instead (they are harder to find though).
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
At the price point and options you listed, you only really have a single choice: P-09.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
At the price point and options you listed, you only really have a single choice: P-09.  
View Quote

I can find 75B, BD, compact, and Omega at that pricepoint. P01 for $575. Of course the 09 is the only one threaded. Found that for just over $500.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I can find 75B, BD, compact, and Omega at that pricepoint. P01 for $575. Of course the 09 is the only one threaded. Found that for just over $500.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a brand new CZ 75 SA for $510
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:01:08 PM EDT
[#9]
If threaded is your criteria, options are limited. Yes, you can get the P-09 threaded. That's your easiest and cheapest option.

The 75 compacts (and I assume most full size 75's) have a .500 OD barrel. Simply not enough meat to thread.

One exception is the SP-01 which has a .550 OD Barrel. It can be extended and threaded, but tack on another $160 to get this done.

I've seen a picture of a P-01 threaded with a suppressor, but I assume MUCH custom work was done to get this to work. (Read $$$)

I would say if you want to suppress, then get a P-07/P-09 or an SP-01 and pay to get the barrel extended/threaded.

Hope this helps.

ETA: It looks like you can get extended barrels for the full size 75's, so  they must use the .550 barrel as well? I don't own one, so I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If threaded is your criteria, options are limited. Yes, you can get the P-09 threaded. That's your easiest and cheapest option.

The 75 compacts (and I assume most full size 75's) have a .500 OD barrel. Simply not enough meat to thread.

One exception is the SP-01 which has a .550 OD Barrel. It can be extended and threaded, but tack on another $160 to get this done.

I've seen a picture of a P-01 threaded with a suppressor, but I assume MUCH custom work was done to get this to work. (Read $$$)

I would say if you want to suppress, then get a P-07/P-09 or an SP-01 and pay to get the barrel extended/threaded.

Hope this helps.
View Quote

Very helpful and along the lines of what I thought but wasn't sure. Thanks! Let's say I was getting a threaded p09. What would be the next pick? P01? 75B?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:31:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Very helpful and along the lines of what I thought but wasn't sure. Thanks! Let's say I was getting a threaded p09. What would be the next pick? P01? 75B?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope this helps.

Between the P-01 and the 75B (or any other full size steel CZ), I'd let planned usage dictate the choice. The smaller, alloy-framed P-01 would be much better for carrying. A steel full size model would be the better range/competition gun and would last you many, many thousands of rounds.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:47:48 AM EDT
[#12]
PCR for carry.

It is like the P01 minus the rail. As said above, perfect size.

I want an SP01 next.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#13]
tagging this

I'm interested in a PCR for my first CZ.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:12:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I vote SP-01!  I absolutely love mine.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Picked up one last month on GB for $489

Haven't shot it yet.......
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:24:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
tagging this

I'm interested in a PCR for my first CZ.
View Quote

The PCR is a great gun.  Large enough to comfortably shoot 100s of rounds at a time on the range. Small and light enough to carry comfortably.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Well I just bit on a P09- threaded. $510 shipped. Pretty happy with it. I needed a host and this scratches a couple of my itches. Will post back with report.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well I just bit on a P09- threaded. $510 shipped. Pretty happy with it. I needed a host and this scratches a couple of my itches. Will post back with report.
View Quote

I was gonna say that you cannot go wrong with a plain ol' 75B. I got one years ago when Academy had them for $389. Sold it to a friend a few years later... I should have kept it.

I have a P-09 suppressor ready on the way... hopefully I'll have it in hand early next week. I intend to use it for a nightstand gun and will get a light to put on it. I'll probably also use it for IDPA, if I can ever manage to get to any matches. I've heard good things about it, and I like that I can remove the decocker and switch it to a regular safety. I preferred carrying my 75B cocked and locked.

Having a suppressor-ready handgun will also push me to get off my duff and get my stupid trust docs notarized... then start the process on getting a 9mm can.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#19]
In order from 1st choice....
SP-01 (safety version)
75SA
P-01
75B
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I was gonna say that you cannot go wrong with a plain ol' 75B. I got one years ago when Academy had them for $389. Sold it to a friend a few years later... I should have kept it.

I have a P-09 suppressor ready on the way... hopefully I'll have it in hand early next week. I intend to use it for a nightstand gun and will get a light to put on it. I'll probably also use it for IDPA, if I can ever manage to get to any matches. I've heard good things about it, and I like that I can remove the decocker and switch it to a regular safety. I preferred carrying my 75B cocked and locked.

Having a suppressor-ready handgun will also push me to get off my duff and get my stupid trust docs notarized... then start the process on getting a 9mm can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just ordered my third 9mm can so I have been host shopping. This fits the bill for my first CZ, and a host. Plus it's cheaper than a Glock. SP-01 is next up for pistols. I wish they came threaded.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#21]
If Inwas getting a SP-01, I would go ahead and get a SP-01 Shadow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top