Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2014 1:06:22 AM EDT
At the range my CZ 82 stopped working, froze up.  I pulled the grips off to check it out, and although I did not notice at the time, that's when the trigger guard pivot pin (part #39) slipped away into oblivion.   The problem was that the trigger bar disconnector #24 is held in place with a pin #25, and the pin serves as a small rivet on one end to hold the disconnector in place.  The disconnector had come off the rivet pin, the rivet pin was no longer usable.  Fortunately I still had the disconnector.

Most CZ 83 (stopped production in 2012) and CZ 82 parts are the same, but not all.  I ordered a new trigger bar disconnector rivet pin #25 from CZ USA, but the trigger guard pivot pin #39 is no longer available.  I had to stick a 1/8" drill bit in the drill upside down, and using 180 grit paper followed by 400 grit, I sanded the bit down to fit the holes in the frame and trigger guard.  Then I cut it off to the precise length for the frame width with a dremmel cutoff wheel.  It is a tiny bit fatter on one end, which actually turned out to be ideal.  Took about an hour of sanding and fitting.  So I had to make the #39 pin myself and it worked perfectly thank goodness.

I restaked the trigger bar disconnector #24 using a punch rapping the end of the pin carefully.  Disassembly and assembly of the CZ 82 is no walk in the park, but with some perseverance it worked out.  The links below were essential to getting this job done, thanks to those that posted them.

Exploded view & part names:  http://www.cz82.com/wp/?page_id=82

Disassemby / Assembly guide with pics:  http://leolani.net/relics/cz82.html  This one is by Porter Rockwell, a very helpful person who has been on "Gunboards.com" helping folks with these type problems.

13 part disassembly & assembly with some gunsmithing:  http://sailorcurt.com/2009/01/cz-82-gunsmithing-part-13.html/
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear you had a problem but happy to see you got it worked out. Great job and thanks for posting.  We see so many rant posts its always nice to see someone who stepped up and actually fixed something themselves. Great job.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reponse.  Yes it builds a little confidence, and with only about $250 spent ont the gun, really did not want to add a bunch more

The gents who prepared those blogs with the pics did an outstanding job.  CZ USA was very helpful too.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Need a like button.  Good job figuring it out.  My wife is a stay at home mom and the CZ82 is her kitchen pantry gun.  Is 9mm Mak ideal, well no, but 13 rounds in a handy place is nice.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear you.  Of all my guns, wife likes the CZ-82 the best, that's the one she shoots really well.  The 9mm Mak in the CZ-82 is s little lower in recoil, just enough to make a difference, but still powerful enough to be effective.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top