Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2014 1:12:40 AM EDT
...and I know the point of one isn't to be practical. But is there a shred of practicality in a 32ACP Scorpion?

I've thought about the 380 version but I'm not finding any reports online about their feeding and someone on a local forum conveyed a negative experience with one. That and I'd want at least a couple of the 10-round mags and I can't find any non-Canadian sources for them.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:25:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a fun gun to SBR. It wouldn't be my first choice for home defense but the wife can operate it easier than my glock. Just be sure to feed it European spec ammo. The US ammo tends to jam it .
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#2]
In my home state SBR's are verboten, though I would still first buy a top folder, pin/weld it closed, and then install it as a decoration one I'd bought the pistol.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
They bump stupidly easy
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Bump fire is pretty worthless to me. That and I don't have access to a range that allows it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Get one wile they are around.  You won't regret having it particularly because you are acknowledging it is not a practical weapon compared to toher carbines and pistols.  However it is a very interesting weapon and its about as close to the real-deal as you are ever going to likely own.  They can be had for like $500 on Gunbroker form time to time.

They are fun, not better than other duty handguns for what you need, but are an excellent collectable and source of pride for a unique firearm.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:13:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get one wile they are around.  You won't regret having it particularly because you are acknowledging it is not a practical weapon compared to toher carbines and pistols.  However it is a very interesting weapon and its about as close to the real-deal as you are ever going to likely own.  They can be had for like $500 on Gunbroker form time to time.

They are fun, not better than other duty handguns for what you need, but are an excellent collectable and source of pride for a unique firearm.
View Quote

"Not better". That implies "not worse", or at least I'm inferring as much. My idea for it was to put an EOTech atop and use it as a zombies sidearm. Not terribly serious, but my question was if I need it to drop 2-legged predators at close range will I need a whole mag of ammo to do so?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:41:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm kinda torn between the .32 and .380. I want the .380 because I already have a pistol in that cal., but don't like the plastic mags it comes with. Plus, the .32 is a close copy of the original. And it's cheaper.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:58:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I was looking on Gun broker and there is a D-Technic for sale. What country are they from? And does it fire from an open bolt. I ask because it seems that way from the pics.
Never mind. The bolt is locked back.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"Not better". That implies "not worse", or at least I'm inferring as much. My idea for it was to put an EOTech atop and use it as a zombies sidearm. Not terribly serious, but my question was if I need it to drop 2-legged predators at close range will I need a whole mag of ammo to do so?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The top-eject feature will make optic mounting difficult, I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a VZ-61 with any sort of optic.  Possibly a mount that clamps onto the exposed portion of the barrel just forward of the receiver with a micro red dot (Aimpoint, Primary Arms, or similar)?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was looking on Gun broker and there is a D-Technic for sale. What country are they from? And does it fire from an open bolt. I ask because it seems that way from the pics.
Never mind. The bolt is locked back.
View Quote

They are made by Czech Small Arms (formerly known as D-Technik) http://www.csa.co.cz/. Are made in the Czech Republic and are imported into the USA by Czechpoint. https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/

Unless you happen to run across a vz. 61 clone made by some individual. All vz. 61 pistols or semi-auto SBRs are CSA guns.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one. I bought it 3-4 years ago from CDNN when they were blowing them out. I paid around $350-400 for it. I haven't, but I do plan to SBR it eventually. But regardless, it's pretty much just a fun little range toy. .32 is far from ideal for a close encounter (little green men or otherwise). But it could do the job. The actual subgun would be more ideal for anti-personnel purposes just because of the overwhelming fire out of such a small package. Honestly though. I find pistols that were originally designed as rifles to be only "fun" guns. Whether it's the vz. 61, an AR, AK pistol, etc. Throw a stock or brace on it and it becomes a "serious use" type gun.

The only way you're gonna get an optic on one is to get/find/make a mount that clamps to the front of the gun or barrel:
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=49645.0

----------
Theoretically it might be possible to mount a micro reflex sight like a Burris Fastfire to the top of the gun. MAYBE. But I'm not sure if 1. it would actually work, 2. it would actually fit (with or without a folding/welded in place folding stock).But with the way the upper is designed/shaped. Probably wouldn't work. If no internals got it the way. Some major milling would be involved I think.

I fully endorse you buying a vz. 61 and doing what you want with it. I hope it works out. It's an enjoyable firearm. But you may be better served by getting one of the new Scorpion Evo 3 pistols when they come out in a couple months. Small, 9mm, an adapter for the brace will be available (no word on the actual stock yet for SBR) and plenty of rail space to spare.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#12]
For two legged animals, the skorpion will surely cause some hurt. I can accurately fire three rounds into the ten ring from three yards before the first casing hits the ground.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top