Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/24/2014 2:02:38 PM EDT
Didn't see a thread yet so I thought I'd drop this here. Eta Jan.2015 with msrp under $900

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol Review: http://youtu.be/8XAYsYwZGxI
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Been hoping for one of these since the mil version came out.

Gun and mags are incredibly reasonably priced.

If the price point and time frame are accurate, then expectations = exceeded.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like I need another CZ
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a no-brainer to me. CZ continues to make me a happy and loyal customer!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Game changer alert!  To hell with my MPX plans.

Mags? I need to know more about mags . . .
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:53:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Game changer alert!  To hell with my MPX plans.

View Quote

30 rounders 19.95

10 and 20 also available. 17.95
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:51:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh I should not have watched video.  Me likey
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:03:37 AM EDT
[#7]
it moved
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:13:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Game changer alert! To hell with my MPX plans.

View Quote

This was my feelings as well haha
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know if the folding buttstock will be available to purchase for us SBR guys?  I know mine will be going on a Form 1 ASAP

Also, this thread needs more pics

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I called CZ-USA today, and talked to Matt?  He sounded half-comatose, but I did manage to decipher from his mumbling that they would not know if the folding buttstock would be an option until the first of the year.  I assume from that answer that there will be more details during SHOT, and once initial shipments are made.

I did see that our European civilian friends have the SBR option already available to them.  The stock is shown in the parts manual, so here's hoping.

And from the owners manual (page 17), I see that the upper receiver is of the bolt-together, two-piece plastic design.  Sheesh!  I guess that's why the price is so great.

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/327-weapons-for-hobby-and-sport/KSPK/CZ_SCORPION_EVO_3_S1.aspx

http://www.czub.cz/zbrojovka/cz-manual/Instruction-Manual-Scorpion-EVO-3-S1_en.pdf
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I called CZ-USA today, and talked to Matt?  He sounded half-comatose, but I did manage to decipher from his mumbling that they would not know if the folding buttstock would be an option until the first of the year.  I assume from that answer that there will be more details during SHOT, and once initial shipments are made.

I did see that our European civilian friends have the SBR option already available to them.  The stock is shown in the parts manual, so here's hoping.

And from the owners manual (page 17), I see that the upper receiver is of the bolt-together, two-piece plastic design.  Sheesh!  I guess that's why the price is so great.

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/327-weapons-for-hobby-and-sport/KSPK/CZ_SCORPION_EVO_3_S1.aspx

http://www.czub.cz/zbrojovka/cz-manual/Instruction-Manual-Scorpion-EVO-3-S1_en.pdf
View Quote

What's wrong with that?

That's fine by me!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I won't deny that it apparently works, but name any other centerfire pistol/rifle with a two-piece, bolt-together plastic upper?  

Squirt guns?  Yes.
AirSoft guns?  Yes.  
My beautiful new CZ Scorpion?  

I really don't care either. I was just surprised.  Clearly this is another example of CZ innovation. I will own one (or two) of these when they become available.  Please keep an eye out for pre-order possibilities.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I won't deny that it apparently works, but name any other centerfire pistol/rifle with a two-piece, bolt-together plastic upper?  
View Quote

The FNH FS2000 has the frame, barrel receiver and hand guard held together with screws and nuts and it works just fine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Well there you go . . .
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Squirt guns?  Yes.
AirSoft guns?  Yes.  
My beautiful new CZ Scorpion?  

I really don't care either. I was just surprised.  Clearly this is another example of CZ innovation. I will own one (or two) of these when they become available.  Please keep an eye out for pre-order possibilities.

View Quote

I called a semi-local place. They are pretty big, and the guy there said it would probably be a special order item.

I left my name and number and he said the guy that does these orders would get back to me
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Didn't see a thread yet so I thought I'd drop this here. Eta Jan.2015 with msrp under $900

View Quote

Here's one.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/435697_.html
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Our European friends don't have any of the SBR or 922r silliness.

Land of the Free and all that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:24:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I must get one and SBR it. Heck at that price I'll probably end up with 2! I was drooling over this gun a while back on CZ's weapon wishing it would become available. What a great announcement! I will the thankful about it this Thanksgiving, lol
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:51:42 AM EDT
[#19]
One new concern of mine; since most of the weapon is plastic, how does one go about the engraving process?  I'm pretty sure the ATF requires the surface to be metal.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
One new concern of mine; since most of the weapon is plastic, how does one go about the engraving process?  I'm pretty sure the ATF requires the surface to be metal.

View Quote

Engrave the barrel?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:59:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only the serial number has to be engraved in metal.  It already has a serial number, so no worries.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the 922r and SBR stuff is stupid and silly. And a few countries, like the Czech Republic, have pretty decent laws when it comes to guns. But overall, our gun laws are much, much better than Europe.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Engraving on plastic isn't an issue. Take a look at SBR S&W 15-22's. The receiver is Poly
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's one.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/435697_.html

If you took the time to look, that thread was started a whopping 45min after mine. Fun fact: I almost posted it there , but since the Evo3 is actually a pistol from the factory this seemed to be the most suitable page. Thanks for playing
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:17:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Looks like the SBR is a go, good thing I already have one on order :)
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:38:02 AM EDT
[#26]
SBR-able?  Looks so and it looks like I am in.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, the factory stock slides on and off with the push of a button. The only problem is that we don't know about 922(r) parts counts.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Sweet lord...I will own this.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes, the factory stock slides on and off with the push of a button. The only problem is that we don't know about 922(r) parts counts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's also the only problem no one cares about.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Want so badly.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Is it being made here or there or both?
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Is it being made here or there or both?
View Quote

It would be great if they would make it here, then 922r wouldn't be an issue
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#33]
In 9mm = want

In 10mm = OMGWTFBBQ WANT!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Great news about the stock. This will be my next SBR.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:57:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

What news?

Last I heard they wrote the ATF asking them if it would be OK.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What news?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What news?

It's earlier in this thread where someone posted a screen capture of some Facebook comments where CZ USA said the stock would be available for those wishing to make an SBR.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's earlier in this thread where someone posted a screen capture of some Facebook comments where CZ USA said the stock would be available for those wishing to make an SBR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What news?

Yea, then they posted that they were in the process of asking for permission.

So if it's GTG there will be a stock. But it still sounds like there is a chance the ATF will tell them no.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So if it's GTG there will be a stock. But it still sounds like there is a chance the ATF will tell them no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What news?

They were asking about 922(r), not specifically the stock.  Yes, if 922(r) applies then one won't be able to just install the stock, that doesn't mean that CZ can't import it or even better, set up or contract out production in the US.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

They were asking about 922(r), not specifically the stock.  Yes, if 922(r) applies then one won't be able to just install the stock, that doesn't mean that CZ can't import it or even better, set up or contract out production in the US.
View Quote

Ok.

I hope it works out. I would like this to be my 1st SBR.

I will probably be getting a sig brace to hold me over anyways.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#40]
I have the EVO airsoft at home right now for my son's Christmas Present

Stock looks like it could be the real deal.

Airsoft EVO

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Airsoft EVO

View Quote

I initially thought about that as an option if cz-usa didn't import the factory stock. I'm not sure if the mounting is exactly the same,
but it looks damn close. The ASG one is also licensed by CZ, so it's probably the same.

BTB, nice freakin' Christmas present!
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Airsoft EVO

View Quote

But at half the cost of the real deal.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Airsoft EVO

Tell me about it.  but I plan on using it at the games too , Its not made in China - (Denmark & Germany) and who knows - when I move to GA full time, I may see if I can exploit parts for a legal SBR at some point.

Actually some of these are pretty fun to play with.  They are approaching the cost of real guns for the Licensed copies - We have a Gas Operated Vector KRIS and its a solid build and it disassembles similarly to the real deal.  When You operate it, its like your humping and working the real deal, mag swaps, weight,  all comparable to real thing.  Dudes really want these and when we've sold them, (and take care of them) you don't lose much money.  Some kids dump a lot of money into Hockey and soccer, Mine is into airsoft and I enjoy the hobby with my son.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:10:10 AM EDT
[#44]
I went to my favorite local gun shop on Sat, and since I know these guns are listed at the usual distributors, I asked them what the price would be if I ordered one.

$850. The salesman hinted that their price before markup was in the $700 range.

This thing is going to sell like hotcakes!
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#45]
According to Cz's website here, they are making an adapter for a pistol brace that uses a standard AR pistol buffer tube.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#46]
first in line with my local guy, $759 including WI's retarded background check + tax
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
first in line with my local guy, $759 including WI's retarded background check + tax
View Quote

So I can buy two of these for the price of one mpx?

Sorry Sig, you fuck around a little to long....
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My exact thoughts.  

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ASG in Denmark makes the licesed copy of the Airsoft and the stock comes off - Its somewhat a vertical dovetail fit onto the rear - Skide it down for off and up for on.
I don't know if they sell stocks seperately the gun iis over $400 for the airsoft!
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#50]
After looking at the video with the arm brace, I am definitely getting one of these instead of the MPX..............

Quoted:
According to Cz's website here, they are making an adapter for a pistol brace that uses a standard AR pistol buffer tube.
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top