Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2014 9:25:04 PM EDT
I handled a basic cz75b today and it felt great. If the trigger was just a bit lighter and crisper it'd be awesome. I looked on cajun gun works' sight and they have the sp01 with the pro package in both the decocker and safety versions. I hear the sp01 balances better. What's more popular between the two? What will have the better trigger? This will be for range use and maybe competitions only. I was going to get a CGW p09 but the cz75 just felt too good.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I handled a basic cz75b today and it felt great. If the trigger was just a bit lighter and crisper it'd be awesome. I looked on cajun gun works' sight and they have the sp01 with the pro package in both the decocker and safety versions. I hear the sp01 balances better. What's more popular between the two? What will have the better trigger? This will be for range use and maybe competitions only. I was going to get a CGW p09 but the cz75 just felt too good.
View Quote
I'd rather have a decocker than a safety.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too but I thought I've heard that all the competition guys use the safety version because it's possible to have a better trigger. Maybe I'm wrong. And I don't know how either version could affect it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Me too but I thought I've heard that all the competition guys use the safety version because it's possible to have a better trigger. Maybe I'm wrong. And I don't know how either version could affect it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

depending on what type of competition, the trigger will not be stock anyway.  Decockers are great at the range and as a CCW.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Shadow is the preferred competition gun since it doesn't have a firing pin block. They are only (to my knowledge) offered in safety models. The safety models are easier to tune, and *may* have a bit more potential. Not having a firing pin block offers a better reset.

IMO - get the model you want, an upgraded trigger (either D or Safety) will be a notable improvement.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The Shadow is the preferred competition gun since it doesn't have a firing pin block. They are only (to my knowledge) offered in safety models. The safety models are easier to tune, and *may* have a bit more potential. Not having a firing pin block offers a better reset.

IMO - get the model you want, an upgraded trigger (either D or Safety) will be a notable improvement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I would prefer that shadow but it seems like CGW only sells the regular sp01 with their pro kit. The shadow seems a lot more difficult to get.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Make sure you handle a decocker model.  I love CZ's but the decocker lever is right where I lay my thumb on the PCR I had.  David
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Make sure you handle a decocker model.  I love CZ's but the decocker lever is right where I lay my thumb on the PCR I had.  David
View Quote

Yea I think I'll stick with the safety version.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a safety version for a carry piece and because the safety is so far forward I carry it with the safety off and hammer down.  It would be nice to use a decocker instead of having to put my thumb up against the face of the hammer while pulling the trigger on a live round.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:01:34 AM EDT
[#9]
The decocker has to travel a long way before it does its job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top