Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2014 10:22:01 PM EDT
I'm looking for my next project gun for an informal league I shoot in. I'm looking for a SAO 9mm so the 85c or SP01 would have to be converted if I went that route. I'm trying to decide which would be the best platform to build on. I'm looking for a fast shooting, light recoiling pistol for head to head competition. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:35:55 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're willing to convert DA/SA to SAO and make some other mods and part swaps, I'd say it comes down to which frame do you prefer. That's the only thing you're not going to be able to change.

I personally prefer the standard frames to the SP01s, but I think I'm in the minority. To me the 75B SA is just about perfect. It's fast, but still tames recoil. You get just a bit more meat on the front end of the slide than you will with the 85C. But you don't have the front heaviness of an SP01.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The 75bsao has a better beaver tail than the 85c as well I think. How hard is it to delete the FPB for better trigger?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 75bsao has a better beaver tail than the 85c as well I think. How hard is it to delete the FPB for better trigger?
View Quote

Knock out roll pin within roll pin. Remove firing pin than firing block. Not hard just need 3 hands when putting it back together. For reindeer games and getting all ninja the SP01 is great for minimal flip. Downside is its a heavy beast compared to poly guns
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#4]

If you are going to remove the FPB replace the lifter with a spacer and get the adjustable straight trigger. With this trigger you can adjust all the pre and post travel out of the pull. Now if you want a really clean light pull also get a cz custom or cajon gun works hammer with the cajon gun works adjustable sear. You will now have an amazing trigger. I have this set up in my 75sa and it is great. Here's my 75sa with my compact.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top