Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2014 10:57:17 PM EDT
I see Cajun Gunworks advertises night sights made by Meprolight for the the P07 and P09.

Yet, the Meprolight website dos not list night sights for the P07/P09 pistols.

Does anyone know what sights are interchangeable between various CZ models?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:56:34 AM EDT
[#1]
If we're talking night sights for CZ pistols. It's pretty much  Meprolight or bust. The only night sights I've seen on CZ guns and made for CZ's is Meprolight. I'd bet your trigger finger the P-07/09 night sights are made or at least lamped by Meprolight.

I imagine Mepro just hasn't updated their site. I see the 07/09 night sights for sale on CZ-USA's website. Though unlike the standard 75 series night sights. It doesn't say who makes them. But I'd bet Mepro does.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by your last question. But Minus the new polymer 07/09. All/most of the standard guns (basically the entire line of CZ handguns) use the same night sights by Meprolight. The discontinued vz. 82 and CZ 83 use the same night sights as well.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I hadn't thought about it from that angle.  CZ USA/CZ Custom don't say who makes the sights they sell.  Cajun Gunworks just says they are Meprolight but specify they are for P07/P09 handguns.

Meprolight site does specify C75 and CZ 85, but doesn't shot the polymer guns.

I was curious.  My P07 needs another set of sights (the plastic ones are beginning to look a little ragged around the edges).

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.  I hadn't thought about it from that angle.  CZ USA/CZ Custom don't say who makes the sights they sell.  Cajun Gunworks just says they are Meprolight but specify they are for P07/P09 handguns.

Meprolight site does specify C75 and CZ 85, but doesn't shot the polymer guns.

I was curious.  My P07 needs another set of sights (the plastic ones are beginning to look a little ragged around the edges).

Thanks again.
View Quote

You are welcome. The P-07/09 definitely use different sights than the 75 series do. Steel/metal regular sights and night sights are now available for the 07. So I'd definitely get those. Since you're wearing out your plastic sights.

I'm not sure what height of sight you'll need. But the steel dot and steel night sights are shown here on CZ-USA's store:
http://shop.cz-usa.com/cz-products/pistols/sights/compact
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The front sight is 5 MM tall.  I just removed the slide, barrel/recoil spring and hooked the back of the front sight over the edge of the reloading bench and pulled.  That pulled the front sight right out of the slide.  The slide has a countersunk hole at the rear of the front sight cut (I assume that's for a set screw that isn't present on the factory plastic sight).

Getting ready to order a set of sights in a few minutes.

Wearing them out?  Yeah, sort of.  They have little burrs, or slivers of plastic hanging off a couple/three of the edges/corners.  Doesn't take much, it seems to be pretty soft plastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top