Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2014 5:09:17 PM EDT
hammer down, half cocked, or cocked and locked?
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
cz75-p07 so round in the chamber but decocked. No safety. Same with beretta's.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
cz75-p07 so round in the chamber but decocked. No safety. Same with beretta's.
View Quote

This is the way I carry any DA/SA pistol - one of the real advantages of this type of system in my opinion
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Cocked, safety off. Carried an xd for so long and never even noticed the safety missing. Then again I don't finger my trigger either
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cocked, safety off. Carried an xd for so long and never even noticed the safety missing. Then again I don't finger my trigger either
View Quote

Someday something else may. Things will happen that you never see coming, that's what makes them accidents. When they could have easily been prevented by a very simple precaution, it's negligence.

All you need to do is train to press the safety down as you prepare to fire. Pressing my thumb down against the safety is part of my firing grip, I don't think about it. If you're holding your safety-equipped 75 with your thumb below the safety, you're running as much risk of something bumping the safety on and not being ready to fire when you need it as you risk forgetting to disengage the safety when you need it if you'd carry it on.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Agreed.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someday something else may. Things will happen that you never see coming, that's what makes them accidents. When they could have easily been prevented by a very simple precaution, it's negligence.

All you need to do is train to press the safety down as you prepare to fire. Pressing my thumb down against the safety is part of my firing grip, I don't think about it. If you're holding your safety-equipped 75 with your thumb below the safety, you're running as much risk of something bumping the safety on and not being ready to fire when you need it as you risk forgetting to disengage the safety when you need it if you'd carry it on.
Agreed.

+2 just train to take the safety off and save us all the trouble of looking dumb by association when you AD
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

+2 just train to take the safety off and save us all the trouble of looking dumb by association when you AD
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

or you keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot? we are going to turn this into a training/tactics discussion we probably shouldn't hijack OP's thread
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:56:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

or you keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot? we are going to turn this into a training/tactics discussion we probably shouldn't hijack OP's thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Fingers aren't the only thing capable of pulling a trigger.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Carry my P-07 with one in the pipe and hammer at half cocked (using decocker).
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Compact L - cocked and locked.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#11]
CZ 75 compact (steel frame).

Round chambered but hammer down.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 2:22:40 AM EDT
[#12]
P-09
1 in the chamber
19 in the mag
Decocked

Coming from a 1911, I love the DA/SA.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
hammer down, half cocked, or cocked and locked?
View Quote

Half cocked. My safety flips on/off too easy.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#14]
cocked and locked, when I am somewhere I can carry one
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

He's never been in a car accident before.  Stuff happens you don't intend sometime.

cz75 in DA mode.(can't put safety on in DA mode).
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#16]
At bedside or in the lock box ready to go, stored hammer down on live round/DA.  When carrying, cocked and locked/SA.  All mine have been pre B models.

CD
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Hammer down, safety off for me.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
CZ 75 compact (steel frame).

Round chambered but hammer down.
View Quote

this !! I also carry the same pistol ....
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#19]
De-cocked on a live round.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#20]
CZ75 Compact.  Round in the chamber, half cock.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
This. Safety off.

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here. Even go running and cycling in this condition, I've never worried about an AD like this. Best way to go IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Folks using a CZ 75 Compact.  What holsters are you using?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't carry mine anymore, but I used to use a Comptac CTAC.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
Custom one a local guy made me:

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7412/14137625503_5376868d0f_z.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5473/14117906634_cc8c95b1f8_z.jpg

It looks thick. How comfortable is it?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7412/14137625503_5376868d0f_z.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5473/14117906634_cc8c95b1f8_z.jpg

It is a little thick, but it's very comfortable.

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I still carry my CZ75 in a Bruce Nelson Summer Special he made for me back in 88'.

CD
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fist. IWB Kydex. Forget the model number as I got it years ago.

I've been thinking about getting a Crossbreed since the Fist one can be uncomfortable at times.
I'd like something with Leather on the inside.

ETA:

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:34:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Prefer half cock carry.
My CZ 75B and P02 both have TT Gun leather Mike's Special IWB rigs.
Also have a Milt Sparks VM2 for the P02.
Also have a TT Gun Leather AIWB rig for the P02.

Basically, TT Gun Leather is my current go-to leather builder.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I use a fobus paddle that I trimmed because it was an inch too long for the compact ...
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Using a Blade Tech OWB right now.  Hammer down, one in the pipe.  CZ75 SAO.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I carry my PCR in a Accelerated Solutions OWB. It's also decocked on a live round.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Hammer dropped manually on a live round.

Makes you feel more "alive".
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

This is one of the many, many reasons I will never own a glock. OP, hammer down on loaded chamber.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Cocked, safety off?

Listen to the other fellas and take a sprinkle of wisdom from them. It may be a car door or the person next to you who slips on the ice, but something will bump that trigger for you sir.

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are kidding?
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:44:32 PM EDT
[#39]
CZ 75 Sa so cocked and locked
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Cocked and Locked, as God himself intended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top