Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2014 11:45:32 PM EDT
Took the plunge, passed the background checks, something as a foreign national is no mean feat let me tell you and am now in the sidearm zone

The pistol in question is the fabled CZ -75, this one is a P-07 designating it as a polymer variant. It's in 9mm the military caliber with a long pedigree of use having that sweet spot of balance between power and recoil.

With all the ramble and razmataz about Glocks this and 1911s that it's about time to show you the real deal, all the way from Europe where since 1997 CZ has been officially exporting their wares.

Imo the CZ is the match and possibly the superior choice over the Glock through it's sophistication, robust yet refined manufacturing techniques and of course being one of the original Wonder Nines.

Here's the video review, I ramble and it's kinda long (almost Nutnfancy duration?) but there's shooting links to be added and skip-boxes for those wanting it short etc.

CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm Video

Putting the pistol being put through it's paces:

CZ Shoot
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I own both a Glock 17 and a few CZ-s including a 75, a P-01 and the P-07. (Oh, and a few more like my Beretta PX-4) all in 9mm.

I would not begin to compare the P-07 to the Glock.  I would not trade my P-07 for a box of Glocks. In fact, I can not wait to sell my G-17 as I no longer shoot it. Sure it functions OK, but for me the P-07 is just a much better fit. Also, I like the way the CZ's feel....and that is more important.

So, do the Glock fans a favor and never dare compare a Glock to a CZ......the CZ is just so much nice.  

BTW: Fun facts:  Glocks are the highest profit margin pistols there are. Glock figured out how to make a pistol simple and cheap and then sell it as "perfection". They marketed them dirt cheap to law enforcement to get them out there in front of the public. Gaston Glock is in the middle of a very nasty law suit with his exwife. Gaston is not a nice man and did some very questionable deeds to get where he is.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#2]
My P07 (.40 S&W), carries the same number of rounds as the Beretta .40's and it outshoots my Glock, XDM and M&P plastic guns.

I was so happy with it I bought a P09 in 9MM.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own both a Glock 17 and a few CZ-s including a 75, a P-01 and the P-07. (Oh, and a few more like my Beretta PX-4) all in 9mm.

I would not begin to compare the P-07 to the Glock.  I would not trade my P-07 for a box of Glocks. In fact, I can not wait to sell my G-17 as I no longer shoot it. Sure it functions OK, but for me the P-07 is just a much better fit. Also, I like the way the CZ's feel....and that is more important.

So, do the Glock fans a favor and never dare compare a Glock to a CZ......the CZ is just so much nice.  

BTW: Fun facts:  Glocks are the highest profit margin pistols there are. Glock figured out how to make a pistol simple and cheap and then sell it as "perfection". They marketed them dirt cheap to law enforcement to get them out there in front of the public. Gaston Glock is in the middle of a very nasty law suit with his exwife. Gaston is not a nice man and did some very questionable deeds to get where he is.
View Quote

Trust me, when i was comparing the Glock to the famed CZ I was certainly not implying it was superior per sa.

It's just the Glock has taken over many firearm minds to the extent that it's like the elephant in the room, compared to the 1911 that used to wait outside the house.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My P07 (.40 S&W), carries the same number of rounds as the Beretta .40's and it outshoots my Glock, XDM and M&P plastic guns.

View Quote

I like the P09 too but the butt of it is a little too long for my liking, especially in my EDC carry rig.  It's mighty ammo capacity of 19 rounds is tempting though...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I like the P09 too but the butt of it is a little too long for my liking, especially in my EDC carry rig.  It's mighty ammo capacity of 19 rounds is tempting though...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't you use the 19 round mags in your p07?  Not to mention you can use regular cz 75 mags, which are much cheaper and easier to come by.  I don't think the dimensions of the p09 vs the p07 will make it a better shooter, but it will make the p07 easier to carry and, as stated, have a much better (and cheaper) mag availability.  

FWIW, since I got my cz 75 compact, I rarely every shoot my full sized anymore.  Once I send it to cz customs, I might forget I have a full sized model.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Took the plunge, passed the background checks, something as a foreign national is no mean feat let me tell you and am now in the sidearm zone

The pistol in question is the fabled CZ -75, this one is a P-07 designating it as a polymer variant. It's in 9mm the military caliber with a long pedigree of use having that sweet spot of balance between power and recoil.

With all the ramble and razmataz about Glocks this and 1911s that it's about time to show you the real deal, all the way from Europe where since 1997 CZ has been officially exporting their wares.

Imo the CZ is the match and possibly the superior choice over the Glock through it's sophistication, robust yet refined manufacturing techniques and of course being one of the original Wonder Nines.

Here's the video review, I ramble and it's kinda long (almost Nutnfancy duration?) but there's shooting links to be added and skip-boxes for those wanting it short etc.

CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm Video

Putting the pistol being put through it's paces:

CZ Shoot
View Quote

my Glock 17 and S&W 9 are loog gone replaced by the superior  CZ 75 & CZ 75 compact ....
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:34:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Same here, glad i found CZ

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, the P09 magazines work in the P07.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to the addiction. High Noon Holsters makes some outstanding leather for the CZ P-07.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats on the P-07.

Nice little pistol. I bought mine completely as an impulse purchase. Held it in my hand felt just perfect. Told the salesman I'll take 10 seconds later. I already owned 3 CZ's but didn't plan on walking out of the store with it that day. One of the best firearm values out there today.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Cleaning the CZ

Just some cotton patches, an oil and a bit of a bore brushing is enough for light dirt etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3BOkURvYhs

Taking Apart the CZ

Taking down / Stripping the CZ 75 Pistol for later cleaning, then the reassembly. It's very similar to other pistols but you have to remember to align the markers correctly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq1-UTmCK3k

I use the CZ as my CCW piece. Some folks say it's too big for CCW but I can't agree with that.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered one of the extended barrel / night sight P-07's from Bud's.  Still waiting for it to ship.

I currently carry a 75 Compact. It's a little heavy and starts to sag even a stiff belt after wearing it all day so I'm hoping the P-07 will carry better.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#13]
It should be better with it's polymer lower frame. Much lighter too.

I wonder if it's the 2nd generation CZ 75-P07 you've ordered?

You can usually tell if the backstraps are removable for different sizes...
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't believe it's the 2nd generation.  The pic showed "Duty" on the slide, but who knows with Buds.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:48:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't believe it's the 2nd generation.  The pic showed "Duty" on the slide, but who knows with Buds.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 2014 model is model # 91086. Otherwise it's an older Duty model.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't look at that, there's no designation AFAIK the key is whether the backstrap grips come off or not, plus the serial number.  I am also sure from the CZ website that the coating is more resilient along with the sights.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:17:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Don't look at that, there's no designation AFAIK the key is whether the backstrap grips come off or not, plus the serial number.  I am also sure from the CZ website that the coating is more resilient along with the sights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just following up - the gun I received is a first generation P-07 without the removable backstrap.  Not a big deal to me, as it fits my hand perfectly as it is.  It did come with the 15rd 2nd generation mags, though.  

I absolutely love this gun.  I'm as accurate with it as I am with my pimped out 75B.  I'm trying to decide if I want to any trigger work, but since it's a carry gun I'm leaning towards just leaving it stock.  The night sights are very bright - this is the first gun I've ever had with tritium sights, and I'm really geeking out over how cool they are.  

It carries much nicer than my steel framed Compact.  The only complaint I have is that the stippling on the grip is pretty aggressive, so if I don't wear an undershirt while carrying IWB it tends to rub on my skin and irritate it.  It's perfect in my hand, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top