Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 4:36:24 AM EDT
I hate to say it but i don't like my P09. I cant shoot it any better than a glock 17, I have to change my grip to release the slide lock. It decocks backwards when compared to my Sp01 Phantom. I love how the gun looks and its a badass pistol but i can't shoot it to save my life.

SO tell me why i should keep it and not trade it for a Glock 17.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:49:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any advice for you but I had the same problem with a HK USP Tactical. I tried a lot of different things to get a comfortable grip and just couldn't. I ended up selling it. It was a sweet gun but my buddies could pick it up and make my groups look like crap.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the issue of occasionally holding the slide release down while shooting and had a difficult time acclimating to the DA trigger even in SA mode with the manual safety installed. I ended up selling it and bought a Gen4 G17 and don't have any regrets. I've fired enough guns to know if something is going to work well for me and have come to realization that even with training and practice, some setups will never work as well as others.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If it doesn't work for you sell it and go to a platform that does.  For me, the 75B Decocker styles do not work at all as I get a pretty high grip and ride that style decocker.  Everyone has different types of hands, so get what works for you.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got my P09 9MM a few weeks ago and have only shot a few rounds through it.  I got it because my P07 .40 S&W is the most accurate plastic gun I've bought (Glock, XDMs, M&Ps just don't make the grade anymore).  The P09 shows some promise, but I'm still working up loads.

Lots of people say you should learn to like the grip/feel and learn to shoot it.  I think you should pick what your like, as long as its reliable, and then learn to shoot it.  Learning to shoot is enough without trying to learn to shoot something that feels like a rock/stick/club in your hand.

My P09/P07 feel as natural in my hands as my 1911's and I converted both to safeties vs. the as purchased decocker set up.

Keep looking till you get what you want.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:00:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I think im gonna fo on the Glock17.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think im gonna fo on the Glock17.
View Quote

No reason to keep any gun you dont like if you can sell/trade it toward something you will like.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:08:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I ditched a nice SIG 226 for the same reason.  Got really good groups off a rest, but standing unsupported I shot patterns.  Just did not fit my hand.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Gotta get rid of it, man.

I have a 1911 and a P09, and a high grip. I love both pistols, and they fit me like a glove, no BS. But I understand that every person is different.

That's why they make all kinds.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#9]
If you dont like it dump it. Life is too short to worry about what someone else thinks is the best.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Lucky for you, i happen to have a gun repository located conviently in my basement.  I can take it off your hands and properly dispose of it for you...
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Like others have already indicated, you should not feel bad about getting rid of the P09.
I had a CZ 75D compact (PCR I think) that I just could not get used to the trigger.
So, traded for something else and have not looked back.

Mr Mac
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#12]
My sp01 phantom i can run like a raped ape. This p09 not so much.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because of the weight or what???
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:02:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has a lot to do with the ergonomics of it. I have to loosen my whole grip and move the gun in my hand to hit the slide release. The trigger is slightly wonky. Going from double action pull to single. Then the decocking lever is operated in reverse of the sp01.

I love the looks of the gun just wish I was better at shooting it.

On an unrelated point the mags for the p09 aren't cheap either. Looking at a purely logistical standpoint the Glock just looks better.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#15]
The trigger is an easy fix if you want to invest a little more money into it. You can change the springs, hammer and do a little polishing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The trigger is an easy fix if you want to invest a little more money into it. You can change the springs, hammer and do a little polishing.
View Quote

I kept my Sp01 and its a great shooter. Ended up putting Ghost internals in the Glock.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Funny how our stories are exactly alike but the results at the end were different.  I like the sig p6, sig 226, glock 17,19,34, cz phantom cz 75 S&W 39,  and S&W 5906, but when I got the p09 it was not any one thing that sold me;  it was more than it's sum of it's parts.  Everything worked and it felt good. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, but I think I'm sticking on this side.  Granted holsters and magazines are scarce, but it should get better.  It also shoots tiny little groups, very important to me, much  better than my glocks.  I love mine and I'm contemplating selling my other 9's. I paid 450ish through buds and for the way it shoots it's a bargain.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry that you had bad times with your P-09, but like has been stated here before, this is the reason we have such a diversity of sidearms to choose from, because not everybody likes exactly the same thing. otherwise, we'd all be carrying the same gun, same ammo, same holster...boring. Definately trade or sell to get a sidearm that fits you.

I agree on the SP-01 Phantom - mine fits me like a custom made glove, and it's going NOWHERE. Riding on my side as I type this.

maddiak, I should mention that High Noon Holsters does make holsters for the CZ P-09, though they are NOT cheap. You will get what you pay for, however. Here is the Bison hide Slide Guard for the P-09. http://highnoonholsters.com/

Also, the ultimate project for the P-09 is Cajun Gun Works. http://cajungunworks.com/  I had Dave out there do the Pro Package on my P-09, and the result is incredible. Also not cheap, but it will make that P-09 feel like a race gun, while still being a rugged duty sidearm.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top