Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2014 12:40:27 AM EDT
Hey Guys ..  I bought this CZ NIB from a local dealer , has anyone heard anything about this model haveing any problems with trigger slap , the last couple of times I've taken it out my trigger finger became numb from shooting less than 100rds through it , its straight out of the box and has had nothing done to it , between me and my son maybe 500 rds downrange with it ..

Let me know if anyone else has had this problem with theirs or heard about a problem from anone else .

Thanks in Advance ...Ken  

FYI , I also have a 92FS and a P38 that I can shoot all day without my trigger finger going numb

here's a pic of the Beast :)
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same model and have no issue with trigger slap. Does it dry fire/function fine?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:03:52 AM EDT
[#2]
From what little experience I've had and the few I've shot, it seems to be peculiar to the decocker versions. None of my original standard safety CZ's have it. I ended up selling my PCR, CZ40p & P-O1 because of it. Shot my Friends P-O1 just last Sunday and it reminded me why I got rid of the decockers.  They all had fairly annoying trigger slap. I don't know if there's a remedy for it or not.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what little experience I've had and the few I've shot, it seems to be peculiar to the decocker versions. None of my original standard safety CZ's have it. I ended up selling my PCR, CZ40p & P-O1 because of it. Shot my Friends P-O1 just last Sunday and it reminded me why I got rid of the decockers.  They all had fairly annoying trigger slap. I don't know if there's a remedy for it or not.
View Quote

Thanks for the info cz75fan ,for a while there I thought I was the only one having this problem , I have also sent an Em to CZUSA about it and have not heard back from them yet , I also talked with a guy that had one ,same exact model as mine , he said he started wearing a shooting glove and he didnt notice it as bad or at all ,I wish he would have told me about this sooner ,he's the reason I bought the same model , now wishing I would have got the 75b  without the de cocker,   I may try using the glove to see if it helps, and let you guys know what happens , maybe I can get some help from CSUSA shortly ,, have a good one...ken
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting. I had a Police model years ago. It was the only decocker CZ I've owned. I sold it because I don't like the decocker models in general, but I do remember that pistol hurt the finger a bit. This is the first I've heard of it being associated with the decocker though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:42:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had very noticeable trigger slap on a manual safety RAMI, but not noticed it on other models with or without a decocker.  I'm still of the opinion it's luck of the draw with CZ's whether you get one with trigger slap or not..
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I received an email from CZUSA in Kansas City, KS.  this message was sent from one of their Master Gun smith's there ,

(I quote )  There  are two ways of correcting the issue, you can contact the custom shop and order a differant shaped trigger shoe , or you can change your grip !! end of message , not sure if I'm suppose to change my grip on the pistol or the grips on my 75 either way I cant see that this would stop the trigger slap problem ...

I sent him back a reply and told him there was a 3rd way of correcting the problem and that would be for me to sell the 75 and buy another pistol that was more pleasent to shoot , have not herd back from him ..  

my thoughts now are selling the 75 , I have been looking at Sig-Sauer , so I might go that way  , ken
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I have three different decocker models and none have this problem unless I get tired and loosen my grip. Not saying this is the case in yours, but for me the CZs really forced to focus on my fundamentals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top