Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2014 2:21:33 PM EDT
The title says it all.

For the purpose of this thread, I'm asking about standard guns, not the $1k+ guns coming out of CZ Custom.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Cajun gun works?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes you can.  I currently run a standard 75B 9mm in Production that I have had for about 12 years.  You can do a lot of the trigger work, or all the trigger work, yourself.  I did my hammer/sear myself with the stock parts (before you could just buy the parts).  Now it would be easier to just get the parts from CGW.  I also run the lighter springs, and an extended firing pin.  Oh, I also upgraded the sights recently to the Dawson's.

The only thing I cannot do to mine is put in the extended magazine release.  It is the older "O" style, not the newer "D" style.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
If I understand the rules correctly, it's acceptable to polish or modify surfaces of the trigger and hammer that aren't externally visible, but I cannot replace the trigger or hammer with aftermarket parts. Internal parts are good to go.

So, I can play with the firing pin and springs, but if anything is going to be done involving the trigger or hammer, it would need to be done with OEM parts.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as they come off of another production gun, yes you can.  Perhaps you prefer the CZ-85 trigger (quite a few do), that would be ok.  CGW will tell you which hammers you can use, and you can use their sear as well.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Call up Stu at czc. He'll take really good care of you.

I have a production sp-01. He hooked me up with parts, like a competition hammer, trigger, springs, sights, everything I wanted and still production legal.

Then I put it together, and he helped me along the way with that too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Forgot to mention, The trigger and all the parts, plus, all the fine polishing I did to it,
Makes my trigger comparable to some of my stock 1911's. Reset is just a tad longer than the 1911's but its pull is light and crisp.
I dropped the weight on my hammer spring and recoil spring  as well. Got it all tuned up to my reloads PF 135ish

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#7]
CZ's have potential to have some of the finest triggers out of all of the DA/SA guns on the market.  Granted, as you go lighter, reliability WILL take a hit but so long as you are aware of this, it isnt a huge deal and it can be made "reliable enough".
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#8]
The cajun gun works hammers won't work for production but the CZ custom competition hammers will.  Personally I like the cgw hammers better, and have one on my carry gun, but they are not comp. legal for production.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Incorrect Vapour, CGW does carry Production Legal hammers.  Their Race hammer is not legal.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top