Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2014 2:39:16 AM EDT
Found one at a local gun store in 9mm with 2 10rd Mags. She had a pretty little $295 price tag too. Seeing as Ill be moving to NOVA and working in DC for a while, and DC carry now being legal, I used this as an excuse to take her home.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Also, I've been hearing about a DIY trigger job for the CZ100, anyone know where there is info on this?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Only question I have... CZ 100 or CZ100 model?
The earlier CZ 100 (space is important) was introduced in the mid-90's... it's trigger is notoriously horrible.
The later CZ100 a rebirth of the gun had adjustable sights as it's most visible difference... it also has an improved trigger and firing mechanism.  It's trigger is still pretty bad compared to the rest of the CZ line.

Not a horrible gun, and certainly not a bad one for under 300$.
13rd mags were standard capacity in the 9mm... unsure on availability these days.
Finding a holster might be an issue, it was never a big seller and it hasn't been in the US market for a while now.

Personally, I'd save another 150$ish and find a P07, P01, P02, PCR, 75 Compact.... thats just me though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#3]
If there is any information to be had on doing a trigger job, it would be at the CZ Forum.  http://czfirearms.us

Also, you forgot a picture.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only question I have... CZ 100 or CZ100 model?
The earlier CZ 100 (space is important) was introduced in the mid-90's... it's trigger is notoriously horrible.
The later CZ100 a rebirth of the gun had adjustable sights as it's most visible difference... it also has an improved trigger and firing mechanism.  It's trigger is still pretty bad compared to the rest of the CZ line.

Not a horrible gun, and certainly not a bad one for under 300$.
13rd mags were standard capacity in the 9mm... unsure on availability these days.
Finding a holster might be an issue, it was never a big seller and it hasn't been in the US market for a while now.

Personally, I'd save another 150$ish and find a P07, P01, P02, PCR, 75 Compact.... thats just me though.
View Quote

Same, I just got a CZ P07 duty online for $385 + shipping.  The P07 is pretty sweet and the CGW upgrades for it can make it a very nice shooting polymer framed pistol.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Found one at a local gun store in 9mm with 2 10rd Mags. She had a pretty little $295 price tag too. Seeing as Ill be moving to NOVA and working in DC for a while, and DC carry now being legal, I used this as an excuse to take her home.
View Quote
Better check again. A Stay was issued and carry in DC is illegal again.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed. Im also on this witch hunt to acquire odd CZ firearms, so this was going to be snagged at $295 anyhow.

It says CZ 100 on it, and the trigger isn't too bad, but like you said not on par with normal CZ triggers. It looks to be in very good shape, not comparable to the finish on other 90's model CZ's. Im going to go with CZ 100 rebirth. Pics to follow when the Range Report comes
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:40:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Indeed. Im also on this witch hunt to acquire odd CZ firearms, so this was going to be snagged at $295 anyhow.

It says CZ 100 on it, and the trigger isn't too bad, but like you said not on par with normal CZ triggers. It looks to be in very good shape, not comparable to the finish on other 90's model CZ's. Im going to go with CZ 100 rebirth. Pics to follow when the Range Report comes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The exterior and interior metal work was a bit finer on the reboot of the 100.  The big difference is fixed vs adjustable sights.   The reboot 100s came with adjustable rear sights.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The exterior and interior metal work was a bit finer on the reboot of the 100.  The big difference is fixed vs adjustable sights.   The reboot 100s came with adjustable rear sights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forgot to mention that in the last post, its got the adjustables
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like you found the later, improved version.

I'd probably grab it for that price as well. . Still no idea on how hard mags will be to locate. And I know quality holsters are going to be a true custom job.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#10]
¡Vere da fook r di pictors!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have one, horribly long trigger just like a LC9.

It is one of the thinnest double-stack 9mm's I've ever held though.  
View Quote

Yep! It also, surprisingly, worked well for carry AIWB in athletic shorts while I was running! Normally a heavier gun doesn't do so well, but it wasn't bad.

And yea, the DA pull is long, but smooth. I like it because it has a clean and clear break point, so I acquire/point the gun, pull trigger, require, finish the break.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:08:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top