Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 8:14:07 PM EDT
As the title says---what do you think of it?   I'm on the fence of snagging one....
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#1]
doooooo eeeeeeeet!
Shadows are super guns, get the short reset trigger installed, wow.  I don't own one, I have a regular SP-01 I get by with...
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I had an SP01 Shadow Target for a little while. Bought it used, sold it less than a year later. It was a great gun, but I'm just more of a fan of the standard frame 75s. My favorite is a 75SAO 9mm with thin aluminum grips.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one, it's great.  Sold a bunch of Glocks to get it, no regrets there.  Mine is converted to SAO and has a trigger pull of about 2.5 lbs.  Beginner shooters love it due it's sights, trigger pull, grip and weight.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I love mine. Shoots better than I do. Amazingly quick to reset for the 2nd shot.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had an SP01 Shadow Target for a little while. Bought it used, sold it less than a year later. It was a great gun, but I'm just more of a fan of the standard frame 75s. My favorite is a 75SAO 9mm with thin aluminum grips.
View Quote

My experience is similar.

I've had new SP01 shadow targets. Just couldn't love them compared to a 75 frame shadow target.

I've sold the SP01 shadows and now just own the 75 frame guns. A 75 shadow target from the custom shop is one VERY NICE gun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a 75 Shadow Target... with that in mind... DO IT...  (The only difference is the frame, slide is the same on both)

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Way too muzzle heavy for my tastes.

Its a 42.5 ounce gun with a significant amount of the weight bias towards the muzzle.  For ME it makes transitioning the gun harder than it needs to be.

Having said that.  The guns are excellent and you cannot go wrong with one.  I would however, simply kit out an SP01 for half the price.  The Shadow is priced at a ridiculous 1200+ dollar price tag.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top