Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2014 12:10:01 AM EDT
Just an observation.  CZ pistols are not all that common in my neck of the woods (South Florida).  Other makes and models are in abundance.  What gives?
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:06:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think the word is out on them yet, not like it will be.

Last gun show I went to (Richmond, Va area) there were no CZ dealers and I only saw 3 P07's and a couple of CZ 75s.

The gun show before that there were 2 dealers carrying a selection of CZ pistols (CZ USA was one of the signs up over some tables) and I had a variety of CZ's to pick from.  I bought a P07 in .40 S&W and it's impressed me enough that I'm looking to buy a P09 in 9MM at the Hampton, VA gunshow today.

We have a couple of dealers in the Richmond area but so far all I've seen in their display cabinets are P07s.

My P07 makes my M&Ps and Glock look like cheap throw aways at the range.  No comparison.  The groups are that much better.

Just keep looking, keep asking, get to some gun shows.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#2]
If you know what you want the order it and pick it up from your FFL. If you want to fondle them and buy local then I'm sure there a few shops down here with a decent inventory. Lou's gun shop in Hialeah. IPS maybe in Hollywood. There a couple in Palm Beach.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#3]
There has just been a recent importation of CZ compacts.  Check out GB auctions.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all. I'm not looking to purchase, just to fondle them a little bit. Curiosity is a killer. They advertise in gun magazines like crazy, but local inventory is piss poor. Case in point: I just left Bass Pro this morning. All they has was one CZ, and it was a P-07 (way over priced). I'll keep my eyes open.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks all. I'm not looking to purchase, just to fondle them a little bit. Curiosity is a killer. They advertise in gun magazines like crazy, but local inventory is piss poor. Case in point: I just left Bass Pro this morning. All they has was one CZ, and it was a P-07 (way over priced). I'll keep my eyes open.

View Quote

Sheeot..I probably saw you there and didn't know it. I was was in Bass Pro this morning too, I started to go over to the handguns and check for you but figured they would be overpriced anyway so I didn't bother. Just looked for by reloading components.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I got my .40 S&W P07 about 3 months back for just over $450.

Today I got my 9MM P09 for $500 (with night sights).
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

There has just been a recent importation of CZ compacts.  Check out GB auctions.
View Quote

yeah there are a couple phantoms up also i snagged one.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#9]
In South Florida, Nexus has a good supply of them, best I've seen so far.   Found my SP-01 there (non-Tactical ... SA/DA model) ... paid list price, but I wanted instant gratification

Victor
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Um.... do they have good prices on anything?  They're always high from what I have seen.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I got a Browning t-shirt for 9.99!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:14:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Seem to see (especially in last couple months) quite a few CZ'S on Slickguns.com.....best prices too!  Got my P-09 for $446 shipped next day air.  Everything was absolutely excellent, most impressed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:09:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, my LGS got in a CZ85B, and CZ75 Compacts in both traditional safety and PCR model in the last week. Trying to decide which model I want to fo on.

ETA. Love my P-07 and P-09. I want a metal-framed CZ too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:20:32 AM EDT
[#14]
My FFL started looking for a CZ75 compact on May 21. He finally found one Saturday morning and I will pick it up Wednesday. I've never seen one locally either OP.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I've seen a bunch on the EE lately, as well as a bunch of Dan Wesson Valor/CBOB 1911's. I was able to pick up a CZ PCR for $450 to add to my P-01.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I had to order my P-01 off of Buds. I don't like ordering firearms through the internet but I have not seen a single metal framed CZ in my local gun shops. I do see a good deal of P-07s.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#17]
I had high hopes of finding a P-01 or PCR at the Tampa gun show yesterday, but of course, there was none to be found.  Who would have thunk it!

I don't like ordering off the internet, but I may have to.  Ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#18]
just got this last week, its ok to be jelly

NIB, 12 mark dont know what rock they found it under but im happy.

iPotato

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
just got this last week, its ok to be jelly

NIB, 12 mark dont know what rock they found it under but im happy.

iPotato

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/160206550/PICs/PHANTOM.jpg  
View Quote

Very nice!  I would love to get my hands on one of those, but lack of funds are preventing it right now.  Am I crazy to be considering trading my Sig 220R for either a Phantom or SP-01 Tactical?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Last gun show I went to (Richmond, Va area) there were no CZ dealers and I only saw 3 P07's and a couple of CZ 75s.

The gun show before that there were 2 dealers carrying a selection of CZ pistols (CZ USA was one of the signs up over some tables) and I had a variety of CZ's to pick from.  I bought a P07 in .40 S&W and it's impressed me enough that I'm looking to buy a P09 in 9MM at the Hampton, VA gunshow today.

We have a couple of dealers in the Richmond area but so far all I've seen in their display cabinets are P07s.

My P07 makes my M&Ps and Glock look like cheap throw aways at the range.  No comparison.  The groups are that much better.

View Quote

There is usually a CZ dealer at the Hampton and Norfolk gun shows with a few on his table.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There is usually a CZ dealer at the Hampton and Norfolk gun shows with a few on his table.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, the Dulles show had the CZ dealer there.  Good people, and decent prices.  They're competitive with internet prices when you work in shipping/transfer fees.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Cz's tend to come over in batches. Sometimes you won't see any at a couple of CZ dealers then bang (pun intended) multiple stores have multiple models. In the past few weeks I have been to say 5 or 6 LGS in my area (SE Michigan). One only had a used CZ75 Shadow Line, another didn't have any, one had a P07 in .40, and the last had a bunch: multiple 14' P07 in .40, P07 duty 9mm, P09 9mm, a 75B and a polished SS 75B. If you have your heart set on a particular model you best bet is often online as the chances of being in the right place at the right time when the right model is in stock is slim. I haven't seen any compact models (P01, 75 compact, PCR, Rami, etc.) in any of the stores in stock in months though. The last gun show I went to I only remember a seeing a regular 75B and a number of P07/09 in 9mm and .40.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I thought I've seen them at Shoot Straight.  Have you checked their stores or their tables at gun shows?

They can be hard to find at the big box stores but I did get my first one at Cabela's.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I thought I've seen them at Shoot Straight.  Have you checked their stores or their tables at gun shows?

They can be hard to find at the big box stores but I did get my first one at Cabela's.
View Quote

The Shoot Straight in Ft. Myers has no P-01s or PCRs.  I'm not in a hurry so I'll just wait for a Godly intervention.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I understand.  Bought my P-01 at Cabela's but waited years to find a 75B high polish for a good price.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#26]
I've seen P-07s around. I've also seen a couple full size CZs but never have I seen a P-01 or a PCR. I don't like ordering guns off the internet so I've waited years and finally broke down and my wife ordered me a P-01 off of Buds. Price was good. Wait was brutal (about 14 days to get the gun). Love the P-01 and think it's an amazing gun.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#27]
This comes up every few years, going back about a decade now.

So, I'll just say what I always say, and then let someone who isn't in this area say I'm full of it.

I live in KC.  I can go into any gun store in town, and if they carry CZ, they have the whole line available, and getting one has never been an issue.

Yeah, we have the import HQ here, but I don't see how that would affect distribution.  Not like the guns are too heavy to ship beyond a couple states, ya know?

So, in short, I don't know why there is a 'CZ Shortage' every where else.  I think it's just cause the gun stores haven't been ordering them for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So, I'll just say what I always say, and then let someone who isn't in this area say I'm full of it.

I live in KC.  I can go into any gun store in town, and if they carry CZ, they have the whole line available, and getting one has never been an issue.

Yeah, we have the import HQ here, but I don't see how that would affect distribution.  Not like the guns are too heavy to ship beyond a couple states, ya know?

So, in short, I don't know why there is a 'CZ Shortage' every where else.  I think it's just cause the gun stores haven't been ordering them for whatever reason.
View Quote

From what I have heard, the profit margin on CZs is very low for dealers as compared to other manufacturers. I don't know how true that is but that could lead to fewer dealers carrying them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 7:26:07 PM EDT
[#29]
http://www.damascusgunshop.com/shop is pretty well stock with different models right now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

In town we must have 20+ shops including a Cabelas, Palmetto State Armory and a bunch of Mom and Pops.
Only one shop ever has any and it usually is only one or two model.

I don't know why but that is just the plain fact around my area.  It's a shame
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Ordered my P-09 from Grabagun. Even with tax the price was right.

Showed two in stock. Tried to place my order on the phone but no one ever answered, so I ordered online. I sent in an inquiry by their "contact us" form and they told me it would be 3-4 business days from their "stocking warehouse" and another 3-5 to go from Coppell to Houston.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:52:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

It isn't just local inventory - seems to be nation wide in my experience.

The basic 75's and most of their polymer framed guns can be had all day, but try hunting for say an SP-01 in 9mm. They rarely are in stock and when they are it's extremely small quantities so you have to be ready to buy the instant you find one. It really blows. I don't know if CZ can't keep up with US demands or what.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#33]
EDIT ..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top