Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 4:51:38 AM EDT
Picked up a P06 and immediately had problems with my rounds chambering.  I reload all of my ammo and
I was actually using some cast SWCs that were powder coated.  My first thought was I had a problem with
the rounds.  My plated bullets were chambering...for awhile and then I was having problems with them.
Upon further inspection the barrel doesn't appear to have been finished at the chamber openings. It is really
rough on the edge and there is no taper where the feed ramp meets the chamber opening.  It's really piss poor
looking.  I could probably polish it all out but I'm not sure if I want to start grinding on that barrel.  If I send it back
to CZ, they will probably do the same thing and I will be without that firearm for however long it takes.
Not real happy right now.  I have a few CZs so not new to the family.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:17:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:00:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CZs have really short throats and need to have lead bullets seated pretty deep. Try seating the SWC so the shoulder of the bullet is right level with the case mouth.

I really doubt there is anything wrong with the chamber opening.
View Quote

Ummm thanks for the suggestion but trust me, it's FUBAR.  Not even close.  I can see the machine marks on the edge, looks
like the edge of a saw.  I can feel it with my fingers. There is at least 1/16 of an inch of material that needs to be removed from
the corners near the feed ramp.  The feed ramp looks like crap too, it will also need some polishing as it is uneven from one
side to the other.  CZ is closed today to top it off.  I think I am going to take the barrel to my gunnie and just bite the bullet...pun intended.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How does factory ammo run?
View Quote

I couldn't tell you the last time I ran factory ammo in any of my firearms but it ain't the ammo.
The same ammo that wouldn't chamber ran through my XDM and Glock with no problems.

Gunnie has the barrel as we speak.  He couldn't believe his eyes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:02:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Got  my barrel back from the gunnie and it runs like a champ.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you have any pictures of the issue?
Who is Gunnie and what did he do?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:10:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you have any pictures of the issue?
Who is Gunnie and what did he do?
View Quote

I would have needed a macro lens to even come close to showing the problem.
He basically filed the bottom corners of the entrance to the chamber, at the point where
the chamber meets the feed ramp and then polished them.  I could feel the sharp
edge with my fingers prior to it.  Everyone I showed the barrel to, before fixing, was in agreement.
No problems now.  Bob at front range gunsmith is the gunnie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top