Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2014 11:45:36 PM EDT
Its been converted over from DA/SA to SAO with a CGW speed hammer, extended firing pin, removed firing pin block and lever from the sear cage, CGW adjustable trigger. Im a 1911 kinda guy and I must say the trigger is so smooth, crisp and sweet I was surprised. It definitely rivals a nice trigger job done on a 1911.

Some pics with brother full rail Springer TRP

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that a decocker on it?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:27:32 AM EDT
[#2]
That does look really nice.  So does the decocker act as the safety now?  I have never heard of anyone converting a D model to SAO.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, its a decocker model. Yeah, the decocker acts as a safety in a way. It safely brings it to the half notch position. Although this is primarily a range gun. I wont be conceal carrying this or anything. Because I took out the firing pin safety, there is little to no take up at all. Its pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, exactly. cock the hammer, like a 1911. I am going to take it out this weekend and do some shooting.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Now thats just plain sexy

I have an sp01 tactical (with vz frags also) that I've been mulling over sending it to CGW for some work.  If you would have left the firing pin block installed, and had the SAO option done, could you carry it safely in the cocked position with a round chambered?  When I carry mine around I just leave it in the half notch position via the decocker.

ETA: what grip screws did you use? my stock phillips head screws stick out too much.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, it is totally safe to carry with the firing pin block installed still, it just gives a lot of pretravel to the SAO trigger. I wanted a crisp, smooth and very short trigger pull as a range gun. But if you were ok with a lot of pretravel it would be fine. They are hex head grip screws, can get them from the CZ custom shop or ebay.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn sexy guns.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:37:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice! Didn't know the Tactical model could be converted SAO. Didn't go for a straight blade trigger?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#10]
That tungsten color is awesome. If my dealer (or any online) ever get a manual safety sp-01 in, it just may get a tungsten cerakote job. After a CGW sao conversion that is
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:26:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow. Both guns are gorgeous.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Who did the work?

It's one little thing I don't like bout the CZ's is the factory coating. Kydex rubs it right off.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:06:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Damn OP, you are puttin' the screws to me over my 75B SAO. I am impatiently waiting for a 20% sale at VZ to pick up some black cherry frags..........

Also, can you tell me more about removing the firing pin block and if that is a replacement cross pin in the slide?

Thx
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, the VZ frag grips for the CZ are very nice. Yeah, it is a replacement firing pin, pin from CGW. As far as removing the firing pin block, when used in conjunction with an adjustable trigger you can greatly reduce the pretravel. Coupled with a hammer from CGW or CZ custom shop, it really makes for a great, little pretravel, crisp and smooth trigger. But again, Its at the cost of dependable safety in terms of a decocker carry gun. If carrying cocked, no firing pin block on a decocker gun like my cz75 is pushing safety. As mine is just used for some range fun.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn OP, you are puttin' the screws to me over my 75B SAO. I am impatiently waiting for a 20% sale at VZ to pick up some black cherry frags..........

Also, can you tell me more about removing the firing pin block and if that is a replacement cross pin in the slide?

Thx
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah, the VZ frag grips for the CZ are very nice. Yeah, it is a replacement firing pin, pin from CGW. As far as removing the firing pin block, when used in conjunction with an adjustable trigger you can greatly reduce the pretravel. Coupled with a hammer from CGW or CZ custom shop, it really makes for a great, little pretravel, crisp and smooth trigger. But again, Its at the cost of dependable safety in terms of a decocker carry gun. If carrying cocked, no firing pin block on a decocker gun like my cz75 is pushing safety. As mine is just used for some range fun.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thx

Thx for the info, I have contemplated trying to remove the block from my SAO but, being a CZ newbie I haven't done all the research.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#16]
No different than a 1911.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Actually it's VERY different from a 1911. To realize the benefits of removing the FPB from a CZ75, you also have to remove the FPB lifter arm from the sear cage. On a decocker model, it's literally impossible to do without a slave pin.

Removing the FPB does not affect pretravel on a CZ75; it only affects reset. The pretravel is removed by the new disconnector that comes with the SAO trigger.

With that said, SAO converting a decocker CZ75 is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Really nice, thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#19]
That looks great.  I've been wanting to get my SP-01 done and have been stuck on which color I wanted to use .. I think you picked a winner
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top