Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2014 11:20:27 AM EDT
I will hopefully make it to the range tomorrow but I have some definite first impressions.

First is this thing is so much better proportioned that the fullsize 75B etc and the alloy frame makes a huge difference.  ( I fit snug in  large glove size some times XL for reference)  
I have always wanted a CZ75 but every time I would pick one up a the gun store it's weight and size just made it something that would end up being a range toy.

Enter the P01 .... I had never picked one up until today but I never put it back down. it's sitting next to me while I type so I guess you can tell what I thought of it.
I am calling this a tie on ergo's vs my M&P Vtac they are both feel great in hand but till I shoot the CZ I guess I should hold off on comparing .
I also hate to admit this but being a hardcore HiPower fan it's not even close. My HP practical is the most accurate pistol I own so we shall see how this one fares but I only really care about combat accuracy so to speak

I am at the point now that I've owned so many different firearms that I am super picky but I can tell this will be a keeper,
I already have plans for it which will include a new set of Novak night sites, Ceracoat finish and some thinner grips for better concealment... I make my own holsters so I will probably get started on one tonight .

I haven't been this excited about a new pistol in a long time

Link Posted: 2/3/2014 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Looking forward to your follow up report after taking it to the range.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine and find it to be plenty accurate.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had one for some years now. I also have the full size.  The P-01 is just a nice size pistol. I even put a .22 Kadet "upper" on mine for loads of fun practice. CZ's are just great guns. I have owned them for more years than I can remember, even before CZ USA was formed. I guess I was what you call an "early adopter".
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Consider putting an 85 Combat trigger in it, you'll like it even more.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The P-01 is an excellent sidearm - carried on for years with no issues, perfect carry pistol.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 2:55:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I recently added a P01 back to the collection. I had originally bought one in 2004, but, regrettably, let it go to the ex-wife in a divorce. I have missed that gun ever since it left my safe and I am glad I got another one to replace it.

I hope ypu end up liking yours as much as I like mine. The P01 was my first CZ and the gun that got me hooked on the CZ line of handguns.

Just a little advice, never buy a gun for yourself and justify it to your wife by telling her you bought it for her. They remember that crap.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I just picked one up yesterday. Had one a couple years back and sold it like a dumbass and always regretted it. Ended up selling an AK I never used and picking up the CZ. Grabbed a Crossbreed seconds holster today and I'll probably send it off to CGW to get worked over. As much as I love my M&P9c for carry, the CZ just feels better in my hand.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got my P-02. Love it and very intrigued with the lower height of a slide on the handgun. Makes racking the slide a bit challenging with big hands. Going to polish up the internals a bit and take it to the range. Read about the omega trigger and wanting to see after several hundred rounds if it smooths out.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got my P-02. Love it and very intrigued with the lower height of a slide on the handgun. Makes racking the slide a bit challenging with big hands. Going to polish up the internals a bit and take it to the range. Read about the omega trigger and wanting to see after several hundred rounds if it smooths out.
View Quote

Please report back on the omega trigger in the P-02.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:01:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Any updates?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top