Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2011 10:39:17 AM EDT
Well, I've been looking around for a alloy framed CZ75 compact (not PCR) for  ages now and haven't been able to find one.  Fortunately, I stumbled onto the C100b, which is a CZ clone made in Turkey by Canik, so I though I'd post a mini review.

As you can see, aside from the prodigious amount of writing, it is a pretty faithful rendition of a CZ 75 compact.  At 22.6 oz (31oz loaded), it is also quite a bit lighter than a CZ.  One difference that I did notice is the hammer pin isn't held in by an external retaining pin.  There is a pin, but it is on the inside and I wasn't able to figure out how to remove it, so replacing the hammer with an aftermarket one might be a problem.  The only other big difference is that the recoil spring is braided:

One point of note is the barrel is cold hammer forged and hard chromed; other than that everything else looks pretty much like a CZ.  Sights are standard 3 dot (with green dots), mags are MecGars, drop free and hold 13 rounds (14 if you swap the followers out with CZ followers).  Grips are cheap plastic and a little on the thick side, but are not uncomfortable.
The trigger is pretty Meh. SA pull is about 7-8 pounds, but the DA pull is at least 20 pounds .  First time I tried it, I thought the gun was broken or jammed up or something.  Took it apart and found out it's just an insanely overpowered hammer spring.  I'm pretty sure I still have some CZ springs lying around somewhere, so I'll swap it out and see if it makes a difference.

If I manage to get out to the range sometime this week so I'll update this post with a range report.
Link Posted: 6/26/2011 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks nice.  I remember when these were "unveiled" last year but have never seen them anywhere.  Where'd you find it?  How was the price?
Link Posted: 6/26/2011 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looks nice.  I remember when these were "unveiled" last year but have never seen them anywhere.  Where'd you find it?  How was the price?

Bought it off of GunBroker for $325.  Figured at that price I couldn't really go wrong.
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Noticed something interesting about the C100b today, and that is that it has glow in the dark sights.  Things have been a little busy lately and the Canik has been in the box since I got it, but I just received the new holster so I decided to try it out.  I noticed the sights glowing when I stepped back into the house.  The only glow for a couple of minutes, but it's a nice touch on what is essentially a budget CZ clone.
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried swapping in the CZ hammer spring?
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 5:19:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have you tried swapping in the CZ hammer spring?

I did, the spring dropped right in.  I also did a little work on the the various internal bits while I was in there, and drilled and tapped the trigger for an over travel screw.  End result is a 12.5lb DA pull and a 4.5lb SA pull (it's a carry gun, so I figured that would be appropriate) with a 5mm reset.  I can't remember if I posted about it here or on a local forum, but the only difference internally is how the hammer pin is retained.  It looks like some sort of blind pin and doesn't appear to be easily removable, which could be a problem if you want to change to a different hammer.  I is possible to work on the hammer while it is in the frame, but it's really tricky (took about 20 minutes to do something that would normally take 30 seconds).  All in all, I'm pretty happy with my blue light special CZ.
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing "blue light special" about it, looks like a great little CZ rendition at an appropriate price, especially given how much CZs have gone up in price the last few years.  I just wish they were more common.  I only ever see one on GB once in a blue moon, might have to send Canik USA an email and see if there's any dealers/distributors near me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top