Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2005 8:44:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ManiacRat]
This is very short, but some of the more common link that I found a while back. If you know of more add away. There is not much information on these pistols so a centralized spot to find links would be great!

www.star-firearms.com  Good site with information and some parts links, not sure how accurate and up to date the links are, will check into it further and advise. Not to be confused with a corporate website, Star is bankrupt and no longer around, they shut their doors along with Astra in May 1997.  ***Went back and looked this site over. They have added more info for parts, holsters, magazines et cetera. Direct link to their information. www.star-firearms.com/info/parts.shtml

9mmlargo.com/ Information on the really old Star's from the 1920s.

www.iparguns.com/ING/INDEX.HTM Seems to be a reliable parts source for the newer model Stars, such as the Firestar series. There was a member here on the board who has ordered, and said the quality was good. They are in Spain, so shipping is probably pricey, but it seems to be a good parts source. ***The link is dead as a door nail. The first link above has their phone number, I'm gonna try to remember and give them a call to see if they are even still around, if my dumb ass can figure out how to make an internation call.....
www.gun-parts.com/star/ Older Star parts, never ordered from them since all I have is a Firestar model.

world.guns.ru/handguns/hg113-e.htm Information on the Firestar series.

www.cdnninvestments.com/index.html OhioEd advises this is a source for factory mags.

www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/StarNF.html  Ceeter found this source for replacement springs.
www.wisnersinc.com/pistols/S_Wpistol.html This place has a few parts(literally) for F model and Pony model Star's.

Little bit of information to add: To check the model series if you do not know, check on the beveled inside edge of the magwell and you will see a letter, that is the model Star you have. Of course the Firestar's are stamped on the slide "Firestar" they are pretty self explanatory.

Personally, I have not had good luck with the aftermarket magazines. You can find factory magazines at gun shows and on ebay(at one time have not checked in a while) they're fairly reasonable considering the company is no longer around.

Little bit of informative info from desterfox:  
The recoil guide on this Star has a couple of hick-ups, but this is something that can be solved very quickly. As the B has a habit of cracking the slide after hard and abusive work, just like some 1911's, the SA Army modified the recoil guide by fitting a shock dampener. This has the result that if the sidearm does not have enough oil, bad ammo or a thumb rides the slide the habitual "smoke stack" will occur. This is not a problem and the "stack" can be cleared in split seconds, if you have been trained in it. Due to the mags that is made for .38super some feeding problems may occur. This is retified by loading your mags correctly, have the longest TOL that you can load or just spacing the mags.

Hope this helps, if you know of more please add it. With all of the recent posts on Star's it would be great to have a tacked thread with as much information as possible.

Also, thank you Striker for tacking this in the forum.

I don't get on here enough to check im's so just post what ya find. I don't see the thread getting too lengthy anyway.....

Link Posted: 11/26/2005 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
These guys seem to have the best price on factory Star (as well as good prices on quite a few other ) mags.
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/index.html
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm looking to find an easier way to replace the guide rod spring in my BM.

As you know, it is a "captured" spring and it is always a PITA to replace.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
i have a firestar 45apc nice shooter but very heavy.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:28:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I found replacement springs here -

www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/StarNF.html
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/18/2006 11:44:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ManiacRat] [#7]
I need to dig around and see if I can find anything new on them. I think the ipar link is dead, don't know if they shut down or just lost the website.

Well added some stuff. One thing I thought of is maybe starting a picture i.d. series type thing within this thread. Some Star's are ancient and saw hard use and folks might not be able to tell. All I can add is an M40 from my personal collection. What do ya'll think?
Link Posted: 7/1/2006 9:00:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chumpmiester] [#8]
You'll be happy with a M40. I love mine, it's very accurate for a short barrel pistol. I took a gamble of spending $175 on it about 8 years ago and got one right. he

PS ya ain't gonna talk me out of mine
Link Posted: 7/18/2006 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a Star Super B and it is missing a rear sight, "NOT BY ME" was that way when I got it. Anyway I can't seem to find anybody with a rear sight. Does anybody have a source for one? I would really lke to get this baby working again. Is it the same as the early 1911 sight? If not can one be fitted to work? Thanks for any help you guys might have. Jim
Link Posted: 7/25/2006 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Glowfinger, try the gun-parts.com link. I think I saw quite a large list for B models.

My M40 seems like to ammo that is known to be loaded hot. It will jam if I use cheap ammo and yesterday I shot nothing but PMC, TAP and Winchester SXT and it functioned without skipping a beat. I've always been told PMC is loaded pretty hot(someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) so if you got a jamming problem it's worth a shot.

For some reason a lot of factory 6rnd starvel mags are back on the market. Seen them a lot lately for $25-$40 apiece.
Link Posted: 7/25/2006 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By chumpmiester:
You'll be happy with a M40. I love mine, it's very accurate for a short barrel pistol. I took a gamble of spending $175 on it about 8 years ago and got one right. The only downside is that it is heavy for it's size (rides well in a hip holster and shoulder holster).

PS ya ain't gonna talk me out of mine

I've been happy with mine for the 5 years or more I've owned it. I'd love to find a starvel 9mm and .45 to match the .40. No such luck yet
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#12]
ANyone here know where to find a 9mm luger barrel for a Super B? I know Fridley used to have them but it seems he has disappeared. Anyone else out there?
Link Posted: 3/5/2007 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know if the M40 and M43 slides are interchangeable?
Link Posted: 3/19/2007 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#14]
If anyone owns a Star Megastar .45 TripleK mags sells 12 rounders. I bought a couple and they worked good for me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2007 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#15]
i have a STAR SI in .32 ACP and i have yet to find a firing pin and extractor and spring
Link Posted: 5/1/2007 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#16]

I was directed to this thread from another one I started trying to get info on the pictured pistol. Seems you guys may be able to help me out. In the other thread they told me this is a Star. But what model I don't know. Can anyone here tell me which model?

Thanks
Dale
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Got my new to me (old) M43 9mm FireStar. I owned the Starvel version years ago and hated parting with it. I won this on Gunbroker last weekend. Smaller, yet wider then my Kahr K9. I'm getting ready to remove the magazine safety and I found another on ebay (this will alow the mags to drop free......I have a very small hand. This pistol "points" better then my Kahr and DW 1911. I ran 200 round thru it Friday using three mags and no failures of any kind. The ser# was abouve the recalled ones but I have a couple of extra firing pins on the way!

Link Posted: 5/21/2008 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By GIDDS-45:
Got my new to me (old) M43 9mm FireStar. I owned the Starvel version years ago and hated parting with it. I won this on Gunbroker last weekend. Smaller, yet wider then my Kahr K9. I'm getting ready to remove the magazine safety and I found another on ebay (this will alow the mags to drop free......I have a very small hand. This pistol "points" better then my Kahr and DW 1911. I ran 200 round thru it Friday using three mags and no failures of any kind. The ser# was abouve the recalled ones but I have a couple of extra firing pins on the way!

home.triad.rr.com/gidds/P2250057.jpg

Just picked one of these little guys up for $299. Nice little shooter.
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By Dale007:
i30.photobucket.com/albums/c310/dalereed/DSC02489.jpg

I was directed to this thread from another one I started trying to get info on the pictured pistol. Seems you guys may be able to help me out. In the other thread they told me this is a Star. But what model I don't know. Can anyone here tell me which model?

Is that a .380?  Looks like a FI Model D, which was originally to be the Colt Pony.
early model Serial no.s  started with CPA (Colt Pony Automatic).

more info (scroll down):  http://www.star-firearms.com/firearms/guns/d/index.shtml

Want to sell yours?
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#20]
The Star bug has bitten me. I now have a Super A and a Firestar M43 to go with my M40. I picked up the M43 for $225 about a month ago. Now to find a Firestar M45 to complete the Firestar collection. Dale, that looks like the FI Model D.
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#21]

The Star bug has bitten me. I now have a Super A and a Firestar M43 to go with my M40. I picked up the M43 for $225 about a month ago. Now to find a Firestar M45 to complete the Firestar collection. Dale, that looks like the FI Model D.

Tell me about it...Star Megastar 45 was my first pistol. I now have a 30m in 9mm and a M43 in 9 as well. I'd also like to pick up a Megastar in 10mm...
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 11:07:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Iparguns link is http://www.iparguns.com/cas/index.htm

I just emailed them for some Megastar Mags and they have them for $45 a pop.  Much better than the $175 I have seen them for.

Their email is [email protected]

Nice people.
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Can anyone tell me about parts interchangability for Star pistols? I was given a Star Firestar M43 in 9mm recently, but it was completely disassembled and after some research it is missing the manual safety plunger. For a part that is so simple my hope is that a Star Model D or Starfire safety plunger would fit into the Firestar, since both are available at gun-parts.com.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#24]
A heads up for all you Star PD owners out there.  Recoil buffers are once again available and very inexpensive.  

1 buffer       $5.00 + $4.95 shipping and handling for a total of
$9.95...........$5.00 each + S&H
3 buffers    $13.50 +$ 4.95 shipping and handling for a total of
$18.95.........$4.50 each + S&H
10 buffers  $40.00 + $ 4.95 shipping and handling for a total of
$44.95.........$4.00 each + S&H

The contact for them is [email protected]

Good luck and shoot straight.........

Jimbo
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Good afternoon:

I've looked at several websites that handle Star handgun parts and have not been able to find a magazine for my Star Ultrastar .40 S&W handgun.  The weapon, when I purchased it a couple of years ago, came with only one magazine.  

Can anyone give me an idea of where I might be able to find a couple more magazines for this weapon?

Regards,

Charleymil
Link Posted: 8/22/2009 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I posted this in the wrong thread previously.....

The Wife's .40 Firestar. I like the feel of this gun. hasn't seen the light of day until now for several years...

Link Posted: 8/22/2009 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By charleymil:
Good afternoon:

I've looked at several websites that handle Star handgun parts and have not been able to find a magazine for my Star Ultrastar .40 S&W handgun.  The weapon, when I purchased it a couple of years ago, came with only one magazine.  

Can anyone give me an idea of where I might be able to find a couple more magazines for this weapon?

Regards,

Charleymil

I have seen some on www.gunbroker.com
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Hb2:
Originally Posted By charleymil:
Good afternoon:

Regards,

Charleymil

I have seen some on www.gunbroker.com

I think there's one or two .40 ultrastar pistols for sale. You might as well buy another pistol as mags are so damn expensive. This way you have an extra mag and spere parts if something breaks...

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I neeed an extractor for a Modelo B and the pin with spring.
Link Posted: 11/30/2009 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#30]
If anyone is looking for a Megastar 10mm there is one on gunbroker right now..

http://v2.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=148656849

I've got one in 10 and 45..
Link Posted: 11/7/2010 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By zaskar017:

there is a member named STAR on gunboards

he is located in spain and has access to lots of parts and mags

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?40589-WTS-STAR-Parts-Grips-Magazines........

it was the only reason i registered on that board

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:14:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthCRF] [#32]
FWIW after searching for a decade, I just got 3 brand new factory megastar .45 magazines out of italy. They arrived here in dallas in 3 days flat

42 bucks a piece wasn't bad I think. Last one I saw in the flesh, the guy wanted 130.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:48:36 AM EDT
[#33]
need a star pic thread... i have an interesting bm 9mm that was given to me with a modified guiderod that shoots great i would like to show off...nice little gun i got from grandfather loooong time ago.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Does anyone know of a current source for Firestar M43 9mm parts? My friend's wife has one as her defense gun and loves it (won't switch to a more modern/available gun), and when we took it to the range recently it was having issues that point to either extractor or extractor spring. I haven't had a chance to take it apart yet, but if I can find the parts I'm just going to grab them on principle.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By zombiegristle:
Does anyone know of a current source for Firestar M43 9mm parts? My friend's wife has one as her defense gun and loves it (won't switch to a more modern/available gun), and when we took it to the range recently it was having issues that point to either extractor or extractor spring. I haven't had a chance to take it apart yet, but if I can find the parts I'm just going to grab them on principle.

Gunbroker possibly?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#36]

JGSales just dropped their price. I love mine in Largo and glad I got one in parabellum.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:04:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnKimble] [#37]
GTGammo.com has new manufacture 9mmLargo (9x23) available
GTGAMMO 9mm Largo 9x23
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Star PD 45 número dos para la coleccoin. 

Yo me gusta esta pistola mucho. Ahora yo tengo dos. 
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Unfortunately 9mmlargo.com is gone. It was a good site for information and reloading data for the 9mm largo.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Unfortunately 9mmlargo.com is gone. It was a good site for information and reloading data for the 9mm largo.
View Quote

May be able to view archives via http://web.archive.org
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top