Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2017 9:36:44 PM EDT
Took the SAR K2 45 to the range today discovered a few new oddities with the pistol.

1.) It does NOT like Monarch steel cased ammo had 5 (out of a box of 50) fail to go into battery, especially if running 14+1
    the 2nd round had issues 3 out of 4 times. Twice mid magazine same malfunction.
    I don't know if this applies to all Steel cased or not, I only had the one Monarch box leftover.

2.) Fed and function perfectly with Perfecta Ball, S&B Ball, Winchester Ranger bonded, and Federal HST, (the HST seemed to have more muzzle flash than all the rest.)

3.) The pistol is accurate was hitting man sized gong at 50yards as long as I did my part,
    However here is where an issue came up it seems the rear sight will self adjust all the way left (assume due to recoil?) in about 7 rounds so much so it would cause me to
    miss the target to the left.

Any ideas on how to fix the rear sight to say in place?
I remember reading some one replaced the adjustable rear sight with a fixed sight but I don't currently remember which rear sight fit (think it was S&W M&P?)
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#1]
How did you get all 14 in there? I've had mine for over a year and I can't get either mag past 11. I think u got all 14 in one once
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have fairly strong hands, but not excessively so, for the most part I put the base of the magazine on the table or shooting bench. then load as normal,
(hands only) .
A maglula pistol mag loader may help.
Another trick is to load the magazine to capacity and let it sit overnight or longer,
with modern metallurgy springs being held compressed doesn't wear them out but compression cycles wear them out.

Like this:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
S&W and about 30 minutes to fit it.  Be careful though, you will have to try to match the height.

I didn't pay attention and ended up having to do front sight adjustment as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top