Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2017 12:36:38 PM EDT
I was looking through some gun show pictures I took a couple years ago from the Oaks, PA Eagle Arms show, and I came across this one here.  Along with the 93r, Skorpion and Colt OHWS, there is a little Glock-looking thing up top (it may be hard to see from the glare, unfortunately this is the best shot I have of it).  Unfortunately I've forgotten the manufacturer name, but I definitely remember it wasn't an official Glock.  It looked to be about the size of the Glock 19, but of course it had the circular fire selector on the side like the Glock 18 does.  I remember the tag said it was chambered for 9mm, and I'm pretty sure this isn't a blank firing gun.

Anyone know what this thing is?  I've tried looking up "glock 18 clones" and "glock 19 clones", but none of the results related back to this thing.

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it an ISSC M22 or similar?

EDIT: I think ISSC makes an M22 in 9mm PAK

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was it an ISSC M22 or similar?

EDIT: I think ISSC makes an M22 in 9mm PAK

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/02-09-16-a01-Air-Venturi-M22-pistol.jpg
View Quote
I don't think it was an ISSC, I don't remember those slide serrations on it, and it doesn't look like there's an external hammer visible on it.  I think the company name started with a C or a G.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't think it was an ISSC, I don't remember those slide serrations on it, and it doesn't look like there's an external hammer visible on it.  I think the company name started with a C or a G.
View Quote
There is/was a Russian company "Skat" (lol) putting out a Glock clone in 9mm and 22lr - the GM-100. No idea if any ever made it into the US.

TFB article
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There is/was a Russian company "Skat" (lol) putting out a Glock clone in 9mm and 22lr - the GM-100. No idea if any ever made it into the US.

TFB article
View Quote
I was looking at those earlier actually... unfortunately none of them ever made it into the US.  I'm sure they'd be dirt cheap if they were here though

It definitely wasn't a Skat, they're seemingly made to Glock specs and use Glock aftermaket parts, so a G19 size pistol from them wouldn't have a switch there on the slide.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
It could just be a Glock 19 (or other midsized narrow frame Glock) which has had a selector added to its slide. It's more difficult than a backplate conversion, but still relatively trival for a knowledgeable machinist/gunsmith.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It could just be a Glock 19 (or other midsized narrow frame Glock) which has had a selector added to its slide. It's more difficult than a backplate conversion, but still relatively trival for a knowledgeable machinist/gunsmith.
View Quote
I actually didn't know it was possible to modify a side selector into the slide.  Looking at the frame of the gun, and how closely everything seems to represent a gen 3 G19, it may be just some sort of conversion.  There definitely was a different company name on the tag though, it wasn't Glock themselves who made this pistol, or at least this modification.

Next time the Oaks gun show comes around, I'll see if I can find this booth again and I'll ask those guys about it (shouldn't be hard to spot, about 5-6 tables worth of full auto toys).  Not to get too off-topic, but they did have some other interesting stuff though... supposedly they had JFK's M16 (bottom one), or at least that's what they told us...

https://s8.postimg.org/5buiw5jol/IMG_20160401_174928.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top