Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2016 8:40:27 PM EDT
I have a Tanfoglio EAA Witness clone (Force 99) that has a very sharp edge on the back of the left grip panel. Actually, both sides of the grips have this edge. It is sharp enough to draw blood if I'm not wearing a t shirt underneath my shirt.  What is the easiest way to dull this edge without buggering up the grip?
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you pull the grips and file or sand them?  I don't like sharp edges either, so I tend to be pretty ruthless on a pistol with them.  Small files do wonders and are easy to work with.  No dremel needed.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you pull the grips and file or sand them?  I don't like sharp edges either, so I tend to be pretty ruthless on a pistol with them.  Small files do wonders and are easy to work with.  No dremel needed.
View Quote

This is a polymer gun, so no grip panels to take off.

The sharp edges are where the material was removed on the inner side of the grip.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Prolly some emery cloth, folded to make a point and go after those edges.  Probably will not look as nice as it does now.   Glock guys do it all the time
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that EAAs version of a CZ75 in poly?  How s it shoot?
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 12:38:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is that EAAs version of a CZ75 in poly?  How s it shoot?
View Quote

I haven't run it enough for a complete break in yet, but so far so good. It has run everything I've fed it, nice crisp single action trigger but the DA is heavy and a bit creepy. Hammer down and set at half cock, the DA pull is a bit heavy but breaks clean. It's a big gun, Beretta 92 sized. I bought it for a truck gun but have been carrying it some. I like it so far.

I paid $297 out the door with one 16 round mag.  Hard to beat for the price.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 7:05:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I paid $297 out the door with one 16 round mag.  Hard to beat for the price.
View Quote

$268 shipped here:
SAR version of same gun
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I had an EAA gun like this years ago and it ran like a top. Recoil was mild and had a good overall feel/grip.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe try a Talon Grip and just cover it over if you don't think you can sand it down.  It looks like they only have custom grips for the eaa compact but they do sell full sheets to cut as needed.  David
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Maybe try a Talon Grip and just cover it over if you don't think you can sand it down.  It looks like they only have custom grips for the eaa compact but they do sell full sheets to cut as needed.  David
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top