Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2016 7:25:21 PM EDT
I picked up this 2012 Bersa Thunder 380 CC (concealed carry) a couple of days ago for $200.00. 8+1 capacity.

It was very lightly used and came with box/paperwork and four mags. One of which was a 10 round pro-mag so I just marked it and tossed in my orphaned mag box.

I remember when they came out but I already had a .380 Thunder and a PPK so I did not get one....Boy, I missed out for four years.

It's a joy to shoot and is more accurate (7 yards) than I expected what with the very low-profile sights....My old eyes see them just fine.

Another thing I really liked is that the bobbed hammer has serrations to where it can be thumb cocked. I guess I show my age by wanting such a feature.

It is about a half-inch shorter than the Thunder. Basically Walther PPK/S sized instead of PP sized. Fits a PPK sized holster just fine. My Bianchi #100 Size 9 is what is in the pic.

This is my third different pistol in the Thunder series (Thunder 380, Thunder .22, CC) and I've experienced no issues with any of them. The only knock is the .22 mags are pricey.

Yeah I know it's "just a .380" but nine rounds of quality defense ammo quickly on target will get noticed by the recipient in most cases.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice score!

Man, those sights are LOW profile... I'd be better off point shooting!

Nothing wrong with carrying .380 when using good SD ammo like the XTP, darn near 9mm performance of say 10 years ago. I carry a Kahr CT380 now and then, never felt under gunned

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome price. Bersa is a great gun. Those are the lowest profile sights I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:12:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Bersa has always went the extra mile when it comes to decent easy to see sights. I swear, with most companies decent sights are a afterthought at best.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I just traded into a thunder .380, have not fired it yet but love the size and the trigger is excellent. OP if you decide to sell the promag 10 rounder let a bruv know.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just traded into a thunder .380, have not fired it yet but love the size and the trigger is excellent. OP if you decide to sell the promag 10 rounder let a bruv know.
View Quote

Very nice, OP. My ex traded a P64 for a t380 because she hated the trigger on her p64. I liked that little Bersa so kuch that I ended up getting the t22. So far has run great, I had a couple of problems shooting some old, old Federal and Winchester-it was at least 20 years old and stored under suspicious conditions-but after breaking it in with some mini-mags, it shoots anything I put in it now.
What's that extractor-looking thing above the slide release?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a two tone Bersa .380 and for the price, it rocks.  Note that Mec Gar mags seem to be even better than factory....so it's win-win there.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What's that extractor-looking thing above the slide release?
View Quote

Loaded chamber indicator.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top