Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2016 10:02:03 AM EDT
Anyone know where to get parts and magazines for these? I'm looking at one at a LGS. It is a SP1 General's Model. Are the mags interchangeable with the Berretta 92? Have read all about them but can't confirm any parts availability or interchangeability.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:46:43 AM EDT
[#1]
How much are they asking? I believe they are pretty rare in the US.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes some parts are interchangeable with the vektor cp1. It is a closed slide copy of the 92. Vektor got sued out of business by Beretta Italy for patent infringement. Yes mags should work.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes some parts are interchangeable with the vektor cp1. It is a closed slide copy of the 92. Vektor got sued out of business by Beretta Italy for patent infringement. Yes mags should work.
View Quote
Vektr was not sued out of business. They licensed the design from Beretta in the 1980s and made the Z88 which they produced on RSA government contract until 1997 or 1998. They then were bought by meged with other arms companies in SA. To this day, NOBLETEQ in SA makes the SP1 and SP2.

The SP1 and SP2 use 92 and 96 mags.

The SP1 and SP2 uses many parts from a standard 92FS. Locking block, etc.... the main difference between the Z88 and SP1 is that the Z88 is a one to one clone. The SP1 is more like a Taurus PT92. Same ancestor, different branch of evolution.

Here is a Z88

This old issue of SOF has the history of the Z88.

A Z88 and a SP2 for comparison

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a parts kit on gunbroker a few years back.
Rumor was a Taurus frame could be used,my kit was .40 cal. I am pretty sure it is the SP2.
I recall CDNN clearancing these out at $299 ea about13 or 14 years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top