Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2016 5:02:14 PM EDT
I've got to say this is one finely built firearm. The thing just oozes quality and craftsmanship. The attention to detail in fit and finish is superb, everything is exact and precise. One searches in vain for a toolmark or blemish of any sort anywhere. I am quite simply floored. Tolerances are very tight and there's no slop anywhere. The slide moves in one direction only, back and forth. There's no wiggle or jiggle to it at all, it goes only where it has to and nowhere else. Trigger pull is quite simply superb. Have not had a chance to get it out to shoot yet, but from what I've seen it will be awesome.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been intrigued with these for several years.

The turn-off has been the price of magazines, being about 2X that of comparable pistols, and uncertainty of good holsters for the GP.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Cz mags work if you add a notch.  I like the full-size better myself
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been intrigued with these for several years.

The turn-off has been the price of magazines, being about 2X that of comparable pistols, and uncertainty of good holsters for the GP.
View Quote

I am in the same boat. Those two things really are the only things holding me back from trying one out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which CZ mags?  There are several different ones - 75/85, Shadow, P-O9.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I checked out a new Grand Power P-1 Mk 7 at my local Cabelas yesterday. This was the first one I've seem in my area. Very nice, but surprised it was a new Mk 7 since they've been replaced by the Mk 12s. Century Arms was on the slide in white lettering with Grand Power & Slovakia also there. Was speculating if these were the last remaining Mk 7s that Century picked up and convinced Cabelas to carry them.

Very nice pistol and awesome DA pull.

J&G Sales had Mk.7's on close-out last year along with mags at $25/ea. I almost bought a bunch of the mags since there's no change with them between the Mk. 7 & 12, but other priorities came up, and they disappeared when J&G sold out of all the Mk.7s.

Still a nice pistol, but would go with a Mk.12 since Grand Power improved the design due to the frame/take-down issues with the Mk.7's.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#8]
LOVE my P1 MK12, accurate, low recoil impulse, awesome trigger, my only gripes are that mags are pricey, and aftermarket sight selection is slim.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#9]
My trigger finger is too fast
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The CZ 75 mags are the ones that need to be modified to work.  Optimally if someone had access to an EDM machine, an electrode could be made and the hole could be made.  Other alternative is drill a couple of holes and file to the rectangular shape required.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top