User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why?  Those are some pretty high friction areas and I suspect the coating will take quite a beating on both.  I guess you'll be doing a torture test of sorts.
View Quote
Because I don't like the finish of chrome. I had a 1911 that had a cerakoted barrel and it had some minor wear but held up great. It will not effect function and will be better than the glaring mirror finish of chrome.

If you are referring to torture testing the cerakote on the barrel I will be regularly shooting it if that's what you mean, and while I expect it to wear, just about every pistol I have has where in that area so I expect it to be on par with everything else.

Can't wait to get it back!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This is why I can't support companies that pull BS like that. I had a K2 45, and traded it for a Ruger GP100, so no regrets there, but not being to buy spare parts is absurd.
View Quote
There are companies that make some parts. I bought trigger spring, trigger bar, and will be buying an extra recoil spring. Still in search of hammer spring and extractor. might have to contact Sarsilmaz direct.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one coming in Wed with 2 extra mags.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:03:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had one for about a year now. Now complaints
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:04:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dropped my barrel and guide rod off to get tungston cerakote treatment!
View Quote
Be sure to post pics. Im curious
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dropped my barrel and guide rod off to get tungston cerakote treatment!
I'll post some later this week.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Update:

Cerakote did not happen. The chrome was not gonna allow it to adhere well. I did a rough strip of the chrome and acid etch the carbon steel for a matt grey tone. Eventually I might think about the Robar NP3 finish but for now I like the rugged worn look of the dull grey etch on the bare steel. Yes, I know hard chrome is probably the best finish and I stripped it, I just didn't like the bright shiny finish.

Before the chrome strip i experience a few failure to feeds after about 200 rounds. After examining it there was carbon and gunk build up on the inside of the slide at the top. Also the machining was fairly rough in that spot. The buildup combined with the rough machining was causing the slide to not come forward with enough force to seat the rounds fully.

I replaced the stock 16 lb recoil spring with a 18 lb spring and polished the inside of the slide where the rough machining was. Feeds like a champ now going on 300 rounds without being cleaned.

I also installed a low power trigger return spring and immediately could tell the difference in the trigger. I could not tell a significant difference in DA pull but the SA pull is probably 1/2 - 1 lb lighter. I really like it. It was a real PITA to get that return spring back in!!!!

I am very happy with this pistol. If it proves to be reliable over the next few hundred rounds I may start carrying it a little at work and in the winter.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:06:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I took mine out of the case when I got it and looked it over carefully, and found nothing rough, no tool marks whatever. I oiled it up and put 150 rounds through it without any problems, even the Monarch .45 stuff that had problems in a friend's Glock went out the barrel without drama. When I cleaned it, I saw no wear except for a shiny spot on the barrel where it hit the slide, and the slide itself had a small spot inside. I'm very impressed with the K2 45!
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Obligatory pic of knife and SAR K2.

Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:22:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Sure is nice looking with those wood grips.  It's a shame .45ACP ammo is so expensive.  If I was into reloading, I'd nab one of these for sure.  For now though, I'll stick to my one .45 1911 and the rest of the collection is 9mm.  Way cheaper to shoot in volume.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Think one of these will be my next purchase.

Do they ever go on sale at CDNN or is the $369 the standard price? Noticed a local shop seems to sell them for $336 but they are out of stock.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do they ever go on sale at CDNN or is the $369 the standard price? Noticed a local shop seems to sell them for $336 but they are out of stock.
View Quote
I don't recall ever seeing them for less at CDNN and I get their e-mails several times a week.

Can't recall seeing them any less anywhere else either, and that is surprising because usually when I buy something somebody will be selling cheaper the next week.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Guess your referring to Tombstone Tac?  Over the years Ive waited on their out of stock items to come back in stock but no joy.  And since the SAR K2 45 is reportedly not being imported anymore...
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Guess your referring to Tombstone Tac?  Over the years Ive waited on their out of stock items to come back in stock but no joy.  And since the SAR K2 45 is reportedly not being imported anymore...
View Quote
Yep, that's who I was referring to. Good to know. I won't wait for them to come in stock there then. I'll look around for a used one at a good price for a little bit.

Hopefully the poster above you buys one so I can get one next week on sale.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Got one!

Walked into a local shop and they had one at $499. I never held one so I asked to see it. The owner of the shop was there and said if you want it, $399. If paying cash $399 OTD. I asked how many mags it came with and he said 2. I said I'll take it. Turns out it only had one mag. He said give me $380 OTD then. Done.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Got one!

Walked into a local shop and they had one at $499. I never held one so I asked to see it. The owner of the shop was there and said if you want it, $399. If paying cash $399 OTD. I asked how many mags it came with and he said 2. I said I'll take it. Turns out it only had one mag. He said give me $380 OTD then. Done.
View Quote
They typically only come with one mag...

Another BIG +1 for the K2.  Hundreds of rounds through mine.  Not a single FTF, FTE, anything.  Eats any kind of ammo.  One of my most accurate handguns.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yep, that's who I was referring to. Good to know. I won't wait for them to come in stock there then. I'll look around for a used one at a good price for a little bit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may have to wait awhile, and you can thank my nephew for that.  I already have one. I was going to buy another one for my nephew's 21st birthday later this year, but he has turned out to be quite a turd, and won't get something that nice from me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I have had my Sar K2-45 for about 3 years and have put about 3000 rds through it.
I had some of the fail-to-feed problems with the feeding round catching on the extractor hook.
Also found it did not like light loads.
I replaced the light factory recoil spring with a Wolff 20 lb. spring for the Witness.
I have fiber optic sights on mine.
Kind of involved process, but you use a Dawson CZ-75 front sight, filed to fit, and a Novak adjustable rear sight (for the S&W M&P) with a shim under it.

My Wood grips came from a guy called Mustafa in Turkey.
And I just finished adding the 2 port compensator.
I had to add a custom extension to the barrel to have something to mount the comp to.
Lots of fun.
Would love to crisp up the trigger.

Here is a picture of mine

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131111281@N03/34235567842/in/photolist-Uahe7S-Uahez5-Uahf27

The comp came from Numrich and was meant for a Witness.
I profiled the sides of the comp so it matched the slide better.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 3:17:22 AM EDT
[#20]
It appears EAA is done importing guns from Sarsilmaz and now it's either TR Imports out of TX or UTAS out of IL. Pretty sure it's UTAS actually.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=84759.0

Hopefully with a new importer comes cheaper spare parts!

ETA: CDNN has 171 units of the SAR-K2 left. From what I read at CZ Forums, the price will be higher on the new imports.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone have a line on a source for front sights and specifically night sights?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I've read that the rear dovetail dimensions are the same as M&P rear.
Also I've read that people are getting CZ front sights and filing to fit.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:40:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I got a great deal locally for a "used" one with 6 extra magazines. I have taken it to the range once and it was flawless. I have a few parts coming and plan to polish up trigger and see if I can improve it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I snagged one and an extra magazine.  I had a good experience with a Canik TP9SFx and figured another Turkish gun was worth a shot.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Threw some goodies on mine. Wood grips, CZ75 front fiber optic sight, grabbed a handful of original mags and a couple of P14 mags and threw some extensions on them and some stronger recoil springs. Also threw a heavier recoil spring in it.

Had to fit the front sight. It wasn't to difficult to do. Had to drop the rear sight all the way down to compensate for the shorter front sight. Had to take the springs out of the the rear to get it all the way down.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Threw some goodies on mine. Wood grips, CZ75 front fiber optic sight, grabbed a handful of original mags and a couple of P14 mags and threw some extensions on them and some stronger recoil springs. Also threw a heavier recoil spring in it.

Had to fit the front sight. It wasn't to difficult to do. Had to drop the rear sight all the way down to compensate for the shorter front sight. Had to take the springs out of the the rear to get it all the way down.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/170652/2017-06-04-10-223117.JPG
View Quote
Where did you get those grips?????
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 1:24:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Amazon. They don't appear to be on there anymore or maybe they are just sold out.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#28]
My brother's CDNN K2 45 is having failures to feed.  It shot the first 5 mags flawlessly, the next 5 were filled with FTF's.

I'll look at the extractor the next time he's up with it.  Are you all just lightly polishing it or?  Is there a video somewhere?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My brother's CDNN K2 45 is having failures to feed.  It shot the first 5 mags flawlessly, the next 5 were filled with FTF's.

I'll look at the extractor the next time he's up with it.  Are you all just lightly polishing it or?  Is there a video somewhere?
View Quote
The best source for info regarding SAR K2 issues is over at czfirearms. Look under their clone section and you can find a bunch of threads to help you with your K2.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 12:29:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I got a great deal locally for a "used" one with 6 extra magazines. I have taken it to the range once and it was flawless. I have a few parts coming and plan to polish up trigger and see if I can improve it.
View Quote
Well I took it apart, polished up some of the trigger parts and installed a few parts. I was very happy with my results. It started out with DA 10# 7oz and SA 4# 2.9oz. After the work and parts it is at DA 8# 9.5oz and SA 3# 5.7 Oz. The trigger in DA is a lot smoother now and the reduction in pull weight was great with a small amount of money the couple of springs cost me. So far I have only ran 50 rounds through it after the upgrades and everything worked perfectly. I didn't spend a huge amount of time polishing the trigger components so I'm sure it will improve even more after some more rounds through it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/170652/2017-06-04-10-223117.JPG
KSD Grips has SAR grips.  They are the same as Amazon sold.

http://www.ksdgripsusa.com/category/sar-arms
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 3:22:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Anyone know how many of these CDNN still has in stock as of 10/9/2017 ?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I've had one of these for 4 or 5 years now. Don't think I've ever had any failures with it. I've put more than a thousand rounds through it. The recoil spring is a little weak. I replaced mine with a stronger one. Still no failures.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/w0tcLnE.jpg
View Quote
@Smithy
What knife is that? I may need one. :)
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
@Smithy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/w0tcLnE.jpg
@Smithy
@_Arlen_

It’s a Ronin. One of my customs that I make. I am about to be overseas so unfortunately I will not be making any until late next year.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Will these guns work reliably with Para-Ordnance p14 magazines?
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:35:28 AM EDT
[#37]
I've not used them, but my understanding is they will work,
except last round hold open won't work due to the shape of the follower.

Doing a quick googlefu looks like I should have stocked up on OEM mags, more from Lanbo's, everyone seems to be sold out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I've not used them, but my understanding is they will work,
except last round hold open won't work due to the shape of the follower.
View Quote
This is correct. I already had some P14 mags for use with another gun when i bought mine.

They are fine for use at the range.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top