Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/5/2016 9:17:47 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience and feedback on the .45 acp Sarsilmaz SAR K2 pistol, imported by European American Armory (EAA)?

Thx
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one haven't shot it yet. seems to be built really good. it has a slim grip to say it holds 14 rds of 45acp. also 1911 p14 magazines fit but will  not lock back the slide. I would buy one . just think if it had some big time gun maker indorsement it would be 600 dollars.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had one for a couple of months and no problems after a couple hundred rounds of various ball ammo - no failures of any kind.

The guns seems to shoot good, and my 18 year old nephew, who is a relatively new shooter, really likes it.

Like the earlier post said para P14 mags will work but they do not lock the slide back on empty. .  

Ironically, I had the P14 mags becuase they also work in my double-stack Springfield 1911, but the original Springfield mags won't lock into the SAR K2.  They are a slightly tighter fit.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Own 2 of them. Great gun for the money. I always say they are probably the best handgun for the money. P14 mags for me. Several uspsa shoots with zero malfunctions or cleaning for that matter. Zero aftermarket support. CZ parts will not fit.

A couple gun smiths said if I left them my CC # that they would be willing to work on it and attempt to modify it in what ever way I wanted. I did a polish job and cut the hammer spring on the one I use for the range and the trigger is really not that bad.

I also CC the other one during winter time and with a quality holster/belt it carries surprisingly well for short outings. This pistol is one of my favorite pistols of all time. I just wish we good have better customer support from manufacturer and some aftermarket parts to enhance its performance.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one and like it quite a bit. Its surprisingly reasonable in size and grip and compares favorably to my M&P40. I wish someone would do night sights for it. Otherwise its very pleasant to shoot and very accurate. I recommend you pick it up at its current price for sure. CDNN is a good shop if you havent dealt with them before and its a very good deal as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had one now for like 3 months (ordered from CDNN for $369).  The pistol is flawless!  Eats everything, shoots soft, and is incredibly accurate.  Fits perfect in Sig Sauer sp2022 holsters too (barrel sticks out just a tad though).  It's my favorite handgun to date.  The overall quality of the pistol is equal to CZ, if not maybe a tad better.  If this pistol had a Sig Sauer or CZ stamped on the slide instead of SAR ARMS, this pistol would easily sell for $650-750 and still be a decent buy.  For under $400, it's a no brainier.  Buy one!
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had one now for like 3 months (ordered from CDNN for $369).  The pistol is flawless!  Eats everything, shoots soft, and is incredibly accurate.  Fits perfect in Sig Sauer sp2022 holsters too (barrel sticks out just a tad though).  It's my favorite handgun to date.  The overall quality of the pistol is equal to CZ, if not maybe a tad better.  If this pistol had a Sig Sauer or CZ stamped on the slide instead of SAR ARMS, this pistol would easily sell for $650-750 and still be a decent buy.  For under $400, it's a no brainier.  Buy one!
View Quote

Or 2!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

What brand holster?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:02:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I’ve been looking at one of these for a couple of days now.   I like the 369.89 dollar price at CDNN.   Il be making an order with them Wed.   I have wanted a double stack 45 for while, but most the grip is so wide.    This will replace my 1911 and Sig P220.   Nothing wrong with my 1911 or Sig, just wanting a all steal gun with more rounds.   Tomorrow Il be contacting my FFL to be on the lookout for it.    From what I understand it will fit holsters made for Sig P220’s.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Best handgun I have ever bought for the money spent. If I didn't know different I'd have thought it was a $7-800 gun. Love mine!
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#11]

What brand holster?
View Quote

Blackhawk Serpa for the Glock 20, 21...  works very well.  May sit a *tiny* bit high in it.  

One of the Safariland 578 GLS Pro Fit holsters is made for it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

The 578 GLS is made for ALL guns.  It is a universal holster that includes a spacer for guns with slim trigger guards like 1911's, BHP's, CZ75's etc
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a paddle holster for mine I ordered from a Turkish company thru Amazon. I will try to post a pic tomorrow when I am ot stuck on my Ipad.

eta: It was made specifially for the gun and can be found  by seaching the model name/number on Amazon.

eta again:Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The 578 GLS is made for ALL guns.  It is a universal holster that includes a spacer for guns with slim trigger guards like 1911's, BHP's, CZ75's etc
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I meant that the K2P fits into one of the various (compact, standard, long, etc...) 578 holsters.  Probably could've phrased it better, though  :)
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Great gun for the money.  I was skeptical when researching, but never saw a "bad" review.  MEC-GAR makes the mags.  Mine has been trouble free through 450 rds of various hp and ball ammo.

Quoted:
I have a paddle holster for mine I ordered from a Turkish company thru Amazon. I will try to post a pic tomorrow when I am ot stuck on my Ipad.

eta: It was made specifially for the gun and can be found  by seaching the model name/number on Amazon.

eta again:
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc457/pukindog1/various/SAR-K2-45-031016J_zps9yzk1yag.jpg
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 7:07:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Great gun for the money.  I was skeptical when researching, but never saw a "bad" review.  MEC-GAR makes the mags.  Mine has been trouble free through 450 rds of various hp and ball ammo.

View Quote

I plan on ordering the new striker fired version that is sort of a Walther/HK clone.  It's called the SARGUN.  Lot's of places getting them in now for under $400 shipped and they come with a kydex holster, two polymer, yes polymer mags, and a kydex double mag pouch.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I plan on ordering the new striker fired version that is sort of a Walther/HK clone.  It's called the SARGUN.  Lot's of places getting them in now for under $400 shipped and they come with a kydex holster, two polymer, yes polymer mags, and a kydex double mag pouch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the SARGUN replacing the Sar K2?   I'll be honest, I'm not feeling it.  I bought my K2 because I wanted a big steel 14+1 hammer fired .45.  I think I'd buy a Glock 21SF before I pulled the trigger on that thing.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought these SAR K2s were going to be imported in 10mm AUTO as well as .45acp. Saw a pic of one of the 10mm K2 somewhere. Same large size and look as the .45 model, but with a 15-rd mag capacity (IIRC).

Maybe the importer, EAA, thinks the Turk-made 10mm K2 would be too much competition for Tanfoglio's 10mm Witnesses? Had a 10mm Witness once (about 10-yrs ago), and promptly got rid of it. Problem after problem with it, not to mention the magazines were undersprung jammomatic junk.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:43:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Anybody know how the grip width compares to a Glock 21 Gen 4?

The K2 looks like a badass gun for the money. Might pick one up sometime soon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Maybe the importer, EAA, thinks the Turk-made 10mm K2 would be too much competition for Tanfoglio's 10mm Witnesses? Had a 10mm Witness once (about 10-yrs ago), and promptly got rid of it. Problem after problem with it, not to mention the magazines were undersprung jammomatic junk.
View Quote

Same here. I also had a Witness 38 Super also and it also had crappy mags.

I laugh every time I see posts where someone asks if Witness mags would fit in just about every other pistol that's out there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anybody know how the grip width compares to a Glock 21 Gen 4?

The K2 looks like a badass gun for the money. Might pick one up sometime soon.
View Quote

I have both the K2 and the Gen4 G21.

The K2 has a more comfortable grip by far.  Even with the smallest backstrap on the G21 the grip is still blocky compared to the contoured K2

The G21 is a lot lighter though. 
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been researching this pistol like crazy over the last few days. In addition to all the glowing reviews I've seen, there have been some negative ones here and there which are cause for concern. A lot of the issues seem like they were more prevalent 2-3 years ago though, so maybe the manufacturing process has been tightened up. Most of what I've found is over at CZ Forums.

Causes for concern:

Trigger bar breaking, not once but twice for the same guy.
Slide not locking back (usually fixed through lightly sanding the sides of the mag follower)
FTF problems (usually fixed through sanding/polishing the extractor)
Weak mag springs
Weak recoil spring
Cheap grips that crack

So close to pulling the trigger on this purchase handgun just have slight reservations.

Has anyone experienced any of these problems, or does everyone's K2 run like a finely tuned machine? Thanks.

ETA: Also sights that will require drifting because they're off center (easy fix).

Double ETA: It appears that EAA is going to stop or has stopped importing the SAR K2. Again, this was mentioned in a thread at CZ forums from a couple guys who spoke with the company directly. Not good when it comes to aftermarket support. Then again, someone mentioned in that same thread of people going around EAA directly to Sarsilmaz for parts. That sounds like a PITA.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#24]
I read all the tech stuff I could find on the K2 before I bought it.
Like I said in an earlier post, for the money I couldn’t pass it up.
When I got home from the LGS, I loaded all five of my mags, three with FMJ’s and the other two with JHP’s.   I started out at 50yds and walked in to ten feet.   Not one FTF or FTE.   So for I have put 8 box’s (400 rds) through it and again NOT one FTF or FTE.
Empty it weights about the same as my 1911, loaded you got to remember you have 7 more rounds to play with.

Wolf
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Looks like M&P rear sights are a direct swap:
K2 rear sight swap
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:52:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm hoping to buy one this upcoming Friday from CDNN.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#27]
If you are not in a hurry, they often do a price drop to $359.99 a $10 savings.  Seems they have a bundle of these in stock as they have been offering it for years now
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If you are not in a hurry, they often do a price drop to $359.99 a $10 savings.  Seems they have a bundle of these in stock as they have been offering it for years now
View Quote

430 to be exact at the moment.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:07:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Said screw the uncertainties and ordered up a SAR K2 today from CDNN for $505 shipped which included 4 extra mags. It's going to be about 3-4 weeks before I can shoot it. I'll post an update after the range session.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Said screw the uncertainties and ordered up a SAR K2 today from CDNN for $505 shipped which included 4 extra mags. It's going to be about 3-4 weeks before I can shoot it. I'll post an update after the range session.
View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#31]
@Wolf1952
Where did you get the wooden grips for the SAR K2?
I prefer wood over plastic on my pistols plus those look very nice.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
@Wolf1952
Where did you get the wooden grips for the SAR K2?
I prefer wood over plastic on my pistols plus those look very nice.
View Quote

Here are a couple of sets available on Amazon

SAR K2 Wood Grips
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I got mine from Amazon.   I went to Ebay but they wear all gone.

Wolf
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Just picked my SAR K2 45 up, Sorry was on my way to work so no range report yet.

First impressions:  Very well built, nice finish even smooth mat black.
Has weight to it but not too heavy,
Grip size reminds me of of a M9 but remember this is a 14+1 .45acp and the feel and ergonomics are pure CZ 75 feeling goodness.
Trigger pull Double action not bad very smooth but kind of cammy the farther the trigger goes back the heavier it is.
Single action tiny bit of creep but very 1911ish short crisp very unusual in a DA/SA type trigger system.
I suspect as I've read elsewhere that the original pistol was designed to be carried Cocked and Locked with
a second strike capability.

Magazine typical Mec-Gar quality very nice, Plastic follower, plastic sub base, plastic Base plate pretty normal these days.
Reasonably easy to load only needs a bit more effort on the last two rounds.

Overall I am impressed especially for a sub $400.00 double stack .45 acp.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Mines about a month old and broke the trigger return spring, from what I understand is common on CZ styled pistols?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any experience and feedback on the .45 acp Sarsilmaz SAR K2 pistol, imported by European American Armory (EAA)?

Thx
View Quote

Just picked mine up!! I got wood during the unboxing! I will shoot it this weekend but I was impressed as were the folks at the gun shop!

A few things. The grip is cheap crap and feels like it. I can see how it cracks after a few rounds. I already ordered some wood replacements. The slide riding inside the receiver makes for a very low bore and is immediately apparent when you hold it. I have never had a pistol with the slide inside receiver style and it will take a little getting used to as there is less slide height to get a purchase on but its already feeling more natural. I will normally carry cocked and locked but I still like the ability to de-cock on pistols like this and it would have been nice if the safety doubled as a de-cocker but not a big deal and it would probably drive the price up. I don't like the shiny chrome plating on the barrel and guide rod and plan to bead blast them tonight. The fit and finish seems extremely nice.

If all goes well at the range this will probably be the best pistol purchase I have made. I should have done it a year ago when I first heard about these. If the after market support ever gets going for these they could upgrade the grips and include an extra mag and get $600 for these all day!

I will report back after this weekend with a range report.

ETA: I just sent EAA a message about ordering a spare extractor, recoil/action spring, trigger spring, hammer spring for it just in case they stop importing for some reason.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:38:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Mines about a month old and broke the trigger return spring, from what I understand is common on CZ styled pistols?
View Quote

More info:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=86536.0

I bet you've already found that thread.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

More info:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More info:

Thanks. I ordered a floating trigger pin and a few trigger springs.

I'm thinking about doing a Robar np3 finish on the barrel and guide rod. What do you guys think? Or will cerakote be ok?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:01:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Thanks. I ordered a floating trigger pin and a few trigger springs.

I'm thinking about doing a Robar np3 finish on the barrel and guide rod. What do you guys think? Or will cerakote be ok?
View Quote
save $$$, leave it stock chrome
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
save $$, leave it stock chrome
View Quote
That's what I'm gonna do for now.

I got a reply back from EAA and they no longer offer replacement parts!

Anybody know where I can get an extractor, recoil spring, and hammer spring? I would feel a lot better with some replacement parts on hand.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Perhaps Tanfoglio Witness .45 springs will interchange?  Do you have a 1911 you can compare recoil springs to?  I'd bet a Sig P220 recoil spring will work.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's what I'm gonna do for now.

I got a reply back from EAA and they no longer offer replacement parts!

Anybody know where I can get an extractor, recoil spring, and hammer spring? I would feel a lot better with some replacement parts on hand.
View Quote
You might try contacting Sarsilmaz directly I've read they are going to be doing their own importing in the near future as SAR ARMS.
Sarsilmaz website contact page.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

More info:

View Quote
I did but thanks anyway.   I had already ordered a trigger return spring and trigger pin from EAA.  Those two parts and shipping were a bit high and considering the pistol was new I figured EAA would have just sent me the parts like most companies would have but no such luck.  Oh the trigger pin I received was a solid pin not the roll pin that came with the pistol but it didnt even fit.  I guess Ill try to use Cajun and the other CZ gunsmiths parts as much as possible before EAA again.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I did but thanks anyway.   I had already ordered a trigger return spring and trigger pin from EAA.  Those two parts and shipping were a bit high and considering the pistol was new I figured EAA would have just sent me the parts like most companies would have but no such luck.  Oh the trigger pin I received was a solid pin not the roll pin that came with the pistol but it didnt even fit.  I guess Ill try to use Cajun and the other CZ gunsmiths parts as much as possible before EAA again.
View Quote
EAA emailed me back today and told me they do not sell replacement parts.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:49:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Range update.

I put around 125 rounds through It today. I tried to bench it but the table is not stable enough so I just shot slow fire off hand at around 20 meters.

After the first 14 rounds I had a group about the size of my fist. But it was about 6" left of my POA.

I adjusted the sights and brought it a little closer and after the second adjustment it was hitting POA.

I then finished shooting from 20-25 meters at 6" steel targets and rapid transitions between larger steel targets. I was shooting American Eagle 230 grain fmjs. Not 1 malfunction. So far I am extremely impressed. My friends at the range could not believe what I paid for it and were considering getting one.

I might have to buy another!
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 1:48:20 AM EDT
[#46]
CDNN still has 303 of them in their inventory according to toying with the cart. I doubt they will raise the price on them due to the lack of aftermarket parts. If they do raise the price, I don't see that happening until they get down to the last 50-100 in stock.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Does anyone besides KSD make wood grips for the SAR K2 45?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Dropped my barrel and guide rod off to get tungston cerakote treatment!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Why?  Those are some pretty high friction areas and I suspect the coating will take quite a beating on both.  I guess you'll be doing a torture test of sorts.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:26:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

EAA emailed me back today and told me they do not sell replacement parts.
View Quote
This is why I can't support companies that pull BS like that. I had a K2 45, and traded it for a Ruger GP100, so no regrets there, but not being able to buy spare parts is absurd.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top