Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2016 8:00:55 PM EDT
I had not bought a gun since 1994 and sold it. My son, fresh out of Boot
talked me into buying an AR. Sandy Hoax was in the early stages when I had it paid off, but still
awaiting parts for the build. Had a great guy JASON, Alpha Arms, building it for me. Former Green Beret! $750 +tax for
All that aside, I bought some Hi Points, they were AVAILABLE and CHEAP. I was also stacking AMMO as fast as I could, which was quite difficult! At least most places in my AO were not gouging, and I refused to pay the crazy prices anyway, since we had lots of good-hearted retailers in my area who were making an honest profit but still selling out. I figured "better to have an HP in each caliber" than to have NO handguns or PCC, or just one. I only bought a 40 S&W because that was all the ammo I could reliably find for a while! Back to the HPs... I had 2 each of the 9, 40 and 45 handguns. All 6 of them were totally flawless, 100% reliable from the word GO.  I sold each and every one of them (except the JCP 40s) at a small profit, because they hold their value WELL! I have kept all the PCCs, 995, 40965 and the 4595, they are really FUN to Shoot, and I am now converting my 4595 to a Korean drum mag which holds 28 rounds like  DOOD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOqwN0VCw2w
I also have a couple of 1911 pistols that are a bit nicer than a poly-flyer Hi Point, and the drum conversion, special mag catch that allows 1911 mags to be used by the Hi Points. MOST HP Problems stem from the magazines, I did not have this problem...
IMO, if you need something CHEAP, and you need it NOW, the HP easily fits the bill. I will always have my carbines, even though I have an AR9 and a Sub2000 in 40 S&W. Also looking at a MECH TECH Conversion for my G20 what's not to LOVE about
a 10mm Carbine?  :D  Might convert my 4095, pretty easy to do

My Kimber and one of the Drum Mags  
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
May have a deal in the works to trade a 995TS carbine for an Armory USA AK47 Pistol, 8" barrel.
Not sure what mags he has yet, shows 1 of the 5 or 10 round mags, in the gun.  I am offering the
995TS (low round count) AFG and the Pro Pack (holds 2 extra mags on stock) total of 4 mags and
all the included parts (sling, trigger lock, etc)  Wondering if anyone has any input  
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought one of the .45" pistols today @ the fun show.  $140 used, no tax, 1 mag.  Will install the 1911 mag catch & report back.

Might want to edit your previous post and put that info in the EE.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top