Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2016 3:09:27 PM EDT
What is available off the shelf for OWB carry either specifically for the Canik TP9SA or what will work? I have read some that G20/21 holsters work? Leather or Kydex, I am not fussy on this pistol.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Crossbreed Super Slide OWB Holster - $52.50
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/HotcakesStore/ProductViewer/tabid/113/slug/SuperSlide/Default.aspx

Also,

Here's a link to an Arfcom thread dealing with compatible accessories on the TP9SA.  (I've got one on its way, so this is of interest to me, too)  
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_36/159008_.html&page=1&sr=0
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/HotcakesStore/ProductViewer/tabid/113/slug/SuperSlide/Default.aspx

Also,

Here's a link to an Arfcom thread dealing with compatible accessories on the TP9SA.  (I've got one on its way, so this is of interest to me, too)  
View Quote

That Crossbreed is fugly. No way I am buying that. My TP9SA is nice. I just need a holster so that I can carry it. That POS Serpa style that they include is not for me. I will look at the compatibility thread, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That Crossbreed is fugly. No way I am buying that. My TP9SA is nice. I just need a holster so that I can carry it. That POS Serpa style that they include is not for me. I will look at the compatibility thread, thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also,

Yeah, there are a couple of other holsters mentioned in the compatibility thread, and some types of holsters for other pistols that appear to work as well.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Search TP9SA on ebay.  I bought the IWB version but the OWB looks good too.  David
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Search TP9SA on ebay.  I bought the IWB version but the OWB looks good too.  David
View Quote

I have. Nothing there that excites me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Theis makes holsters specifically for them. I own several IWB holsters from him. Great product.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Theis makes holsters specifically for them. I own several IWB holsters from him. Great product.
View Quote

After browsing his website, I don't see anything OWB.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Clinger holster makes them for the TP9sa. I have not used them though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Just curious if a Walther P-99 or S&W 99 holster fit the TP9sa?  I got to look at a tan TP9sa at a LGS today.  Felt pretty good and had a good trigger.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just curious if a Walther P-99 or S&W 99 holster fit the TP9sa?  I got to look at a tan TP9sa at a LGS today.  Felt pretty good and had a good trigger.
View Quote

From what I read online, no. I don't have access to one to verify though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the Crossbreed OWB that I use for IDPA, works fine.  I also have a Clinger kydex IWB that I have used for carry a few times, works fine also.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I looked at pictures of the Walther P-99 and S&W 99 compared to pictures the TP9sa and the trigger guard on the Canik TP9sa is sqared off and probably larger than the Walther or S&W.  If the holster is molded to the pistol the Canik TP9sa may not fit in the same holster as a Walther or S&W.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I looked at pictures of the Walther P-99 and S&W 99 compared to pictures the TP9sa and the trigger guard on the Canik TP9sa is sqared off and probably larger than the Walther or S&W.  If the holster is molded to the pistol the Canik TP9sa may not fit in the same holster as a Walther or S&W.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I read online, the TP9 will fit but the TP9SA will not.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#14]
My Caniks work pretty well in my
kydex holsters for the P99's.

John
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

John
View Quote

Which model of Canik do you have?
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#16]
TP9SA's.

John

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

Link Posted: 1/17/2016 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#17]
This is my email to Blade Tech:

I have been thinking long and hard about getting one of these pistols. However, the lack of decent quality holsters (Blade-Tech or G-Code) has been a big turn off for me buying one. Do you have any future plans for putting out a holster for this pistol? Thanks. :)

This is their response:

We do have plans to make holsters for this firearm. We actually have it in house now in order to make a mold. Unfortunately, I do not have a time frame as to when it will be available.

So it sounds like Blade Tech might be a good option as soon as they get one to market.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:39:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought this one from eBay:  eBay Canik Kydex holster.  It seems to work well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I have the TP9V2 and I use a Houston holster made for the Glock 19 and it work really well.  Your SA is just a bit longer but it should work just the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top