Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2016 7:53:14 PM EDT
or .45" ACP carbine, Thing Meister Fabrication just announced their HiPoint .45" mag catches are available again.  $30/shipped.  They are not interchangeable between the carbine & the pistol.

****You are receiving this because you opted to be notified of in-stock status****

The moment you’ve all been waiting for has finally come. 1911 Mag catches for your HiPoint 45s are in stock and ready to ship. Order yours today and take advantage of the versatility of using unmodified 1911 magazines in your HiPoint 45acp pistols and carbines! Cost is $30 per catch (FREE Shipping/ US only)
View Quote

http://thingmeister.yolasite.com/products.php
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
it says he is not making them at this time....
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 10:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
He hasn't updated the website, but I got the email & ordered one of each this afternoon.

ETA:  He's updated the website.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:48:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I kind of want the carbine in 45acp. More reason to get one if these magazine releases are avail. again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  I kind of want the carbine in 45acp. More reason to get one if these magazine releases are avail. again.
View Quote

I'd order the magazine release 1st.  They've been out of stock for months.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I kind of want the carbine in 45acp. More reason to get one if these magazine releases are avail. again.

I say buy it. Even with the stock mags the .45 carbine is a hoot. Generally, hi-points are junk (the pistols), but on the carbine, once you remove the junky iron sights and stick an aimpoint or eotech on it, with maybe a good BUIS on the rail, the .45 carbine is just fun to shoot, reliable and accurate to boot. I can't wait to get mine threaded so I can put a can on it, especially now that no CLEO sign off is needed for a form 4 or 1 with Zero's new 41F rule. The promag mags are junk, don't waste your money on them.

The 1911 mag catch is a cool addition, but the carbine is still worth having as is imo. Great truck gun.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#6]
This was going to be the first thing I did to my 4595 so I could run one of those 50 round .45 Korean drums but after reading up on how they run I decided to stick with the factory mags.

Biggest issue seems to be the difference between the slimmer 1911 mags and the HPs. One poster says his pad/spacer stared coming loose and bunched up. I think he replaced it with a solid piece. But if you're sticking with the 7 or 8 round mags they can be made to work with a little fiddling. I think the hi cap mags work OK.

One thing I do like on the factory mags is the base plate since it makes up part of the grip. But 1911 mags are flat and fit well in your pocket so you can carry a half dozen spare mags in your pocket fairly easily.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Anybody have any experience with the Promag 20s?  I know promag is generally crap, but stuck clock and all that...
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought the Promag .45acp was 14 rounds? In any case, most postings I've read are not good.

What I can't figure out with Promag is that some of their products just don't work at all. I tried a Promag hi cap mag for my Beretta 96 centurion, total junk. Went in the trash. Same with the Promag hi cap for my old Hi Point 995TS. Reviews for Promag's hi cap mag for the Ruger LC9S is bad.

But I also have a Promag AK drum that runs as well as my steel backloading AK drum. And I read several positive reviews for the Promag hi cap S&W 9mm Shield mags so I bought one, it hasn't jammed once.

I think Hi Point specifically does NOT recommend Promags in their carbines but they do recommend the Red Ball 9mm 20 round mags
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought the Promag .45acp was 14 rounds? In any case, most postings I've read are not good.

What I can't figure out with Promag is that some of their products just don't work at all. I tried a Promag hi cap mag for my Beretta 96 centurion, total junk. Went in the trash. Same with the Promag hi cap for my old Hi Point 995TS. Reviews for Promag's hi cap mag for the Ruger LC9S is bad.

But I also have a Promag AK drum that runs as well as my steel backloading AK drum. And I read several positive reviews for the Promag hi cap S&W 9mm Shield mags so I bought one, it hasn't jammed once.

I think Hi Point specifically does NOT recommend Promags in their carbines but they do recommend the Red Ball 9mm 20 round mags
View Quote

The promags are probably 14s, didn't remember. I will check out the Red Ball mags, thanks for the tip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top