Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2015 3:43:36 AM EDT
Is it a dependable gun? Looking for a extra gun to keep in a seldom used car and don't want to spend a great deal of money?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Does your home have wheels on it?
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:47:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I never expected much, but I have to say it is quite reliable and well-made. It is no match for my Sig P230 in accuracy at longer ranges, but it has been every bit as reliable and is considerably smaller. Great pistol for the money, at least in my case. There is a decent forum for Bersa owners that has lots of info.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:47:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry that was a crap reply.  There are better options.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:18:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never expected much, but I have to say it is quite reliable and well-made. It is no match for my Sig P230 in accuracy at longer ranges, but it has been every bit as reliable and is considerably smaller. Great pistol for the money, at least in my case. There is a decent forum for Bersa owners that has lots of info.
View Quote

Thank you for your help.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:20:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does your home have wheels on it?
View Quote

No, lived in the same home for 40 years, not a trailer. Don't understand your reply?
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 5:34:30 AM EDT
[#6]
My dad has one. Heavy and big for a 380. Reliable but mags are super expensive. Instead I would try find some kind of police trade in gun which will be not much more expensive.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the CC version.  It is small, light, and easy to conceal.  You can pick them up for under $300 on sale.  I have not put too many rounds through mine but I have heard nothing but good things about them for the most part.  The CC actually holds 8 + 1 compared to 7 + 1 for the normal model.   They make a hi cap Plus model as well.  Due to the price, I think it would make a good car gun, one you wouldn't mind getting beat up or stolen.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have the CC version.  It is small, light, and easy to conceal.  You can pick them up for under $300 on sale.  I have not put too many rounds through mine but I have heard nothing but good things about them for the most part.  The CC actually holds 8 + 1 compared to 7 + 1 for the normal model.   They make a hi cap Plus model as well.  Due to the price, I think it would make a good car gun, one you wouldn't mind getting beat up or stolen.
View Quote

Thanks for the info!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#9]
an SCCY CPX-2 would be a pretty good option for a cheap car gun. You can find Rock Islands new revolver for a little over $200 from time to time, would also be a good option.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Bought the GF a Thunder Combat.  It's the larger frame 8+1 and has the wrap around rubber-ish grip.

Sweet shooting gun.  Very accurate in .380 ranges (20 yards or less). Let's be realistic.  It's a PPK style gun so it's not a custom, high accuracy shooter. But you can be very accurate with it but the DA/SA requires practice.  It's also a bit snappy for recoil but not as bad as a LCP size 380.

Got one for about $320 on line.

Being a PPK with a fixed barrel it may not feed the newer hollow point ammo reliably. I've had trouble with the Hornaday's. Ball ammo is no issue.

Magazines are not hard to find but can be expensive. $25-35 depending on where you find them.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#11]
i have two thunder 40s. one full sive one compact and both are gtg. a girl i know carries the 380. ive shot hers w/o issues and it was pretty accurate
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Tough to beat the price, accurate, well made,

Cons: large gun for the caliber, kind of snappy,
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#13]
If it's going to be a "truck gun"... I would look at a used Ruger P89. You can get 10, 15 hell even 30round magazines for it, 9mm, cheap, reliable, all metal.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:52:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all the replies!
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#15]
You might also consider the S&W SD9VE. I like mine nearly as much as my G17. Some days I like it better.

That said, the Bersa is a sweet shooter.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I have one paid $100 used, almost same size as my Sig 232, and shoots better than the sig and has adjustable sights.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree. Very nice handgun. Ladies delight. Where is this Bersa owners forum at ?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#18]
http://www.bersachat.com/forums/forum.php
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I had a Bersa Thunder Hi Cap 9mm ( the clone of the Walther P89 doublestack, NOT the PPK clone). Quality was good, no reliability issues and surprisingly accurate.

The PPK .380 copies seem to also get good reviews for reliability. Biggest issue seems to be feeding some types of SD ammo.

I always recommend shooting one if you can, the blowback design doesn't manage recoil as well as newer designs. My Walther PPS 9mm & Shield 9mm are softer shooters with std. loads and can handle +P loads which pack quite a bit more punch than a .380.    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top