Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2015 10:23:19 PM EDT
Looking at purchasing one but at 700.00 I'd like to know a little more.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking at purchasing one but at 700.00 I'd like to know a little more.

Thanks
View Quote

They are heavy, you can't dry fire them or the springs break.

They are outdated and old.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd go with a glock 42 all day long over a seecamp.  There are a ton of better options over a seecamp.  They are good guns but over priced IMO.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Back in the day they were unique, now as the other guy said, they are outdated. There are better options, like pick any other pocket pistol in 380. Off the top of my head, the Kahr CW380 or the Ruger LCP, both come in at half the price you're looking at.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thant for your helpful input, I will be going in another direction.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thant for your helpful input, I will be going in another direction.
View Quote

Good choice.  IMO the .32 is about the limit of recoil I'd endure in this size package.

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:51:04 PM EDT
[#6]
compared to Ruger

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Seecamp in .32 (same size as .380) and I really like it's concealability. It is quite a bit smaller than the lcp and G42
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:49:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Once upon a time they were THE highly sought after deep concealment option.
However, everyone has caught up, and in many ways surpassed what the Seecamp once offered.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#9]
For $700 I would not do it.  I have the NAA version in 32acp and while it isn't exactly a Seecamp, it is enough to know I would rather spend $700 on something else.  FWIW, I have Kahrs, J frames, LCPs, Kel-Tecs, LC380s etc and the Seecamp design is dead last in my book when it comes to cost vs performance.  I'd much rather cram a J frame into my pocket.

ETA:  I know you already made your decision but this thread made me take mine out with a box of ammo I had and head to the range this afternoon.  I forgot about the poor grip.  You can't really get a high grip because the hammer is so tall and comes back onto the web of your hand.  The trigger must be pulled sharply and quickly to reliably initiate the primers.  It isn't like a double action revolver where you can squeeze the trigger most of the distance and then take an accurate aim before the final break.  The hammer actually needs momentum to fire the rounds due to low mass of parts and weak springs.  It really made me wonder why I even keep it around.  A trade may be brewing next week.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Certainly not a gun for everyone but there is a reason they are still going for $700.

In the eighties people were paying 2 to 3 times retail because the wait times on them were close to a year.

The gun is virtually handmade with outstanding quality.

There may be guns that fill your needs better and cheaper but to say it's outdated is like saying a Colt SAA or Gold Cup is outdated.

Just Google it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I just bought one of the newly manufactured Seecamp 380s. First of all, what a little beast. Recoil is quite painful. I've been carrying an lws32 for 4 years, and these are two totally different pistols. Pistol is am sensitive. 20 rounds of hydrashoks with 2 ftf. 27 rounds of silvertip, and the hammer strut broke. Sent hammer back to Seecamp to have new strut and repin. When hammer comes back, I'll get back to these silvertips and see what happens. Not ready for carry yet.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#12]
for $700 you could have a p238 if you insist on carrying .380, or three LCPs if you really want to put things in perspective.

it only makes sense if the form factor is that important to you but as this thread is months old you probably already made that decision.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:53:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought a used .32 not too long ago just for the collectability and the legend of what once was.  Plus its built like a watch, most people can't tell the difference between mass produced molded stuff and well made machined pieces.

That said, I wouldn't get a .380.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#14]
They look cool, and are made about 10 minutes away where I'm from. All I got...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top