Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2015 1:41:27 PM EDT
Sootch just posted a video in the mk12 k100 and it looks pretty sweet. I know the x-trims and x-caliburs are getting popular in idpa and uspsa but the standard k100 looks great too. Here's a link. If somebody could embed it that would be great.

http://youtu.be/4Pu0Kj5Vpvk
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Sootch just posted a video in the mk12 k100 and it looks pretty sweet. I know the x-trims and x-caliburs are getting popular in idpa and uspsa but the standard k100 looks great too. Here's a link. If somebody could embed it that would be great.

https://youtu.be/xUR24Mu87p8
View Quote

that youtube link is a beer commercial
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#2]
My bad. I copied the link while it was in the commercial so that must be why. Didn't know it could do that.

http://youtu.be/4Pu0Kj5Vpvk
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]
it's an interesting pistol.

I think STI sold them for a while.

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't understand why some folks are having a hard time finding them. Several of my distributors have almost the entire Grand Power line in stock.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't understand why some folks are having a hard time finding them. Several of my distributors have almost the entire Grand Power line in stock.
View Quote

They aren't hard to get at all. The k100 is extremely easy. The x-calibur was tough but I think there was a big shipment in to the U.S. recently so they are easy to get now too. May not be easy to hold one in person at a dealer though.

I may take a gamble and order the k100. We will see. I have a lot of pistols I want to get right now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know why, but this made me LOL.

I've been thinking of getting one. Either a P1 or a K100.
I'm leaning towards the K100 as the only difference really is slide length. I wish the P1 was shorter in the grip, so it could be in the middle of the K100 and P11. Also, seems like the Decocker only models are not as readily available?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm leaning towards the K100 as the only difference really is slide length. I wish the P1 was shorter in the grip, so it could be in the middle of the K100 and P11. Also, seems like the Decocker only models are not as readily available?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I've seen someone with a p1 slide on a p11 frame. Of course you have to buy both guns, but it was pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think I've seen someone with a p1 slide on a p11 frame. Of course you have to buy both guns, but it was pretty sweet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. That actually sounds awesome. I'll try googling it a bit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found it for you. Halfway down first page.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=215529&page=1
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome! I was having no luck with Google. That looks fantastic, I can picture it with the P1 slide. This is going to hurt my wallet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Grand Power Q100

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Definitely an awesome choice on the metal trigger for that model! If it is metal that is haha.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:15:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Well I ordered a Mk 12.  Went back and forth between that and the Mk VII.  Looking forward to my new toy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#14]

The Q100 should be heading to BATFE next week or the week following.
The trigger on it has to be felt to be believed.

I'm still a huge fan of the K100 and X-Calibur hammer groups.
For the sporting market there is nothing nicer.
However, the Q100 trigger is exceptional.
Where most striker fired systems are mushy and stack like a mofo, this one just has a nice light predictable roll until the striker releases.

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Where most striker fired systems are mushy and stack like a mofo, this one just has a nice light predictable roll until the striker releases.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice, any eta for the striker version?  Calibers?
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Niiiiiice. Any chance of a Q100 without the safety?
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Since you're all drooling over Grand Powers, this is a K100 we milled for a FF III then cerakoted gold for a customer:

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#18]
So finally months and months after I bought it I finally shot it. Sights were right on for me.  Trigger is really good for a production gun. Felt of quality. You can get it to run fast. No limp wristing while one hand firing. I give it a thumbs up. Longevity I don't know yet. How it would do in a 1000 round count course no idea as well.

According to all the reviews I thought this would shoot more like a metal framed pistol, especially Scooch on YouTube.  I compared it with my G17 and I thought that bounce was greater with the GP.  The GP is tame but again was hoping for less movement. Recoil is non existent but movement after firing was more than I had hoped.   Maybe too spoiled by my CZ SP01.

I'll take it out a little more to decide if I buy mags and keep it or sell it.  I got the Mk 12 at $500 wish I got the Mk 7 at $300.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been very interested in the K100 Mk 12 for quite awhile BUT the price of the mags have turned me off.  Grand Power needs to get them down to ~$25/ea. then I would go for one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I just took my P1 MK12 to the range for the first time over the weekend. LOVE IT! Trigger is great, smooth double action, light crisp single action. Recoil is sharp with little muzzle flip. Very accurate and easy to shoot. I will order a Q100 when they are imported.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top