BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice 229. But it looks used and a police trade-in.
View Quote

Federal Air Marshal supposedly
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i9tw_Uo9L0[/youtube]
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice hands-on review from the MAC of the Rex Zero 1S.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 11:56:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I purchased the Rex Zero 1 and was looking for some 10rd mags. After some quick checking, it appears that the Rex mags are based in the Beretta 92. I modified a 10rd factory Beretta mag to work with the Rex. Very easy and works 100%. mag bodies are exact same dimensions. Just had to drill a small hole for mag release/catch.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I purchased the Rex Zero 1 and was looking for some 10rd mags. After some quick checking, it appears that the Rex mags are based in the Beretta 92. I modified a 10rd factory Beretta mag to work with the Rex. Very easy and works 100%. mag bodies are exact same dimensions. Just had to drill a small hole for mag release/catch.
View Quote

same thing you have to do for the CZ999, which the Rex is based off of.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There maybe some outwardly similarities but there's no tangible proof the Rex is based on the CZ999. It also has similarities to a Sig 226 and 2022. So take your pic if you have evidence.

Manufacturers have borrowed design features from each other for a long time.  

Also its smart for a manufacturer to use a common mag tube if it fits their designs grip angle. That also means Rex mags are based off of Beretta 92 mags. They are just similar enough that mods can make them work.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There maybe some outwardly similarities but there's no tangible proof the Rex is based on the CZ999. It also has similarities to a Sig 226 and 2022. So take your pic if you have evidence.

Also its smart for a manufacturer to use a common mag tube if it fits their designs grip angle. That also means Rex mags are based off of Beretta 92 mags. They are just similar enough that mods can make them work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love the gun and love that I can use 92 mags in it till they release their own 10rd mags. Why redesign the wheel when you don't have to. They look/feel like Mec Gar mags and since they already make mags for Beretta, much easier for all parties concerned. As for being based on the CZ999...maybe, but from what I heard it was based on the sig series of pistols. Regardless...great build quality every bit as good as my old sig229.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So take your pic if you have evidence.
View Quote

compact

original CZ99 hammer

combo slide release/decocker designed by zastava
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Its been reported that the CZ (not Czech) 99/999 has design features from the Walther P88 and Sig 226. I guess someone can then say the CZ99/999 is based on those two pistols.  From those pics I see an influence of the S&W 59 so maybe we can throw that in the mix.

IMO the REX looks clearly more like a Sig than the Serb handguns, as others that have looked at mine & those at my LGS.

Again contact AREX and ask them if the REX is based on the CZ 99/999.

I know you have a CZ999 and like it & that's perfectly fine, but to say the REX is based on the CZ99/999 without tangible evidence other than cursory appearance similarities from pics is an opinion vs. fact.

Let us know what you hear from AREX, and please post the official reply (with letterhead) from them.

Otherwise enjoy your CZ99/999.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:52:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Its been reported that the CZ (not Czech) 99/999 has design features from the Walther P88 and Sig 226. I guess someone can then say the CZ99/999 is based on those two pistols.  From those pics I see an influence of the S&W 59 so maybe we can throw that in the mix.

IMO the REX looks clearly more like a Sig than the Serb handguns, as others that have looked at mine & those at my LGS.

I know you have a CZ999 and like it & that's perfectly fine, but to say the REX is based on the CZ99/999 without tangible evidence other than cursory appearance similarities from pics is an opinion vs. fact.

Let us know what you hear from AREX, and please post the official reply (with letterhead) from them.

View Quote

I haven't had the CZ999 for over a year now.  Not sure why you care so much what it is based off of.  It is a cluster copy gun just like the Zastava's are.  I'm sure both are perfectly adequate for anything you can throw at them.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not sure why you care so much what it is based off of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure why you care so much what it is based off of.

Read your own posts. You're the one that has claimed the REX is based on the CZ99/999.

Perhaps you should start a CZ99/999 thread to discuss its attributes since I didn't see CZ99/999 in the title of this thread.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
the REX is based on the CZ99/999.
View Quote

Yes, it OBVIOUSLY is.  Done.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
the REX is based on the CZ99/999.

You're delusional. Go troll some other thread.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Info from TFB 2016 Shot Show coverage.

AREX Rex Zero One

Interested in if the mags are proprietary, or uses a commonly available mag.
View Quote

The mags are proprietary. I bought a couple to try in my CZ99/EZ9 due to the pictures online of the mag catch,it looked perfect, but the catch hole is about 1/8" above the EZ9 mag catch and about 1/8" below the mag catch of an XD.
I was hoping these were going to be a source of mags for my Zastava.
The Arex mags are high quality and are similar to Mec gar bodies,but the internals are different.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:41:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The mags are proprietary. I bought a couple to try in my CZ99/EZ9 due to the pictures online of the mag catch,it looked perfect, but the catch hole is about 1/8" above the EZ9 mag catch and about 1/8" below the mag catch of an XD.
The Arex mags are high quality and are similar to Mec gar bodies,but the internals are different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Arex mags are high quality

I agree. The mags for my Rex Zero are the nicest mags of any of the pistols I have. Super smooth to load and unload.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Mags could be made by Sabatti in Italy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mags could be made by Sabatti in Italy.
View Quote

Unlikely if they are quality and work.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#18]
The Arex is more refined,it has better grips, better finish, better slide serrations.
It does appear to be a clone of the Zastava. I have both the EZ9 and the Arex and there are a few differences like the safety and the mags have a similar mag catch in a different location.
The slides will not interchange,but the barrels, springs will  and looks like all other parts will also.
The Arex looks like a carbon copy of another Serbian pistol the Gepard B210 imported by  NB I.N.A.T.
Of Newark, Ohio.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The Arex is more refined,it has better grips, better finish, better slide serrations.
It does appear to be a clone of the Zastava. I have both the EZ9 and the Arex and there are a few differences like the safety and the mags have a similar mag catch in a different location.
The slides will not interchange,but the barrels, springs will  and looks like all other parts will also.
The Arex looks like a carbon copy of another Serbian pistol the Gepard B210 imported by  NB I.N.A.T.
Of Newark, Ohio.
View Quote
NB INAT is a company in Belgrade, Serbia, Kragujevac, 3 Cara Dusana St., +38134368042. Their US subsidiary is in Newark, Ohio (for importing?). On their Serb website they indicate they have had contractual projects and jobs with companies such as:

- PPT NAMENSKA ad, Trstenik,
- Unior Components, Kragujevac ,

- AREX, Slovenia,

- SCGM, Kragujevac,

- BLADESTATE LIMITED, Limassol, Cyprus,

- SASM INTERNATIONAL LIMITED Republic of Germany,

- AL - HAREER AL - RENT Co . Ltd. . UK

- Jugohemija, Belgrade,

- Beatronic SUPPLY doo, Beograd.

They also state that..."in cooperation with our business partners in the development plan of the company is to build its own manufacturing plant and the design bureau..."
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now all the production info out there for this pistol is AREX based. AREX

I just spent some time on that Serb website investigating this issue since it's better to go to the source than random speculating on arfcom, and they were talking about both, plus a previous BB-22 pistol that looks like it was a progenitor but the Rex turned out to be a more refined design in materials and design.

Based on reading the chatter (2013-2017) on the Serb website indicates the Gepard B210 appears to be a rebranded Rex Zero, with the B210 being recently mentioned in mid-2016, and also announced at the 2017 Shot Show.  The Serb company says it's a new product in preparation (see link), and they have a small ad in Firearms News.

B210

The general consensus on the Serb website that the REX Zero is much closer SIG P-226 (and other discussions elsewhere) than CZ-99/999, with improvements over the 226. The gents there mentioned that Slovenia was the most advanced and best educated population had out of the former Yugoslav Republics, and indicated that if it was engineered and built in Slovenia, it was worth buying based on that.

One gent that examined the Rex said its' "fit and finish" was at the Swiss/German level.  And the ergonomics, firing, finishing, components were everything is as it should be. He suggested that someone from the Kragujevac Zastava should have done that with the CZ-99. And another indicated that..."AREX design shows that the designers in the new gun wanted to unite the best known solutions, and modify them as needed and at the same time reject flaws with other guns.

Don't know if there's a manufacturing agreement between AREX and NB INAT, but the Rex has been out since 2013 in Europe before it was brought here last year.  Another gent indicated that..." Arex Ltd. produced series "BB" gun "NB INAT" since they NB INAT do not have their own production facilities.

Another said he talked with one of the engineers from Arex, was told that they have sold in America, the entire production of guns for one year in advance. Another says the US market is a "cash cow".

Since Serbia is closely tied to Russia, and Slovenia is a NATO member perhaps there's could be two companies playing both sides. All they have to do is re-brand the same gun and sell it to a different market via a different company. Or all the NB INAT company could do it download the CAD/CAM Rex Zero specs to a CNC machine in Serbia to start up production for its version based on a licensing agreement with AREX.

The last post indicated there is a REX Zero 5 sporting gun with an longer slide, and target sights over there.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

NB INAT is a company in Belgrade, Serbia, Kragujevac, 3 Cara Dusana St., +38134368042. Their US subsidiary is in Newark, Ohio (for importing?). On their Serb website they indicate they have had contractual projects and jobs with companies such as:

- AREX, Slovenia,

- SCGM, Kragujevac,

- Jugohemija, Belgrade,

They also state that..."in cooperation with our business partners in the development plan of the company is to build its own manufacturing plant and the design bureau..."

I just spent some time on that Serb website investigating this issue since it's better to go to the source than random speculating on arfcom, and they were talking about both, plus a previous BB-22 pistol that looks like it was a progenitor but the Rex turned out to be a more refined design in materials and design.

Based on reading the chatter (2013-2017) on the Serb website indicates the Gepard B210 appears to be a rebranded Rex Zero, with the B210 being recently mentioned in mid-2016, and also announced at the 2017 Shot Show.  The Serb company says it's a new product in preparation (see link), and they have a small ad in Firearms News.

B210

The general consensus on the Serb website that the REX Zero is much closer SIG P-226 (and other discussions elsewhere) than CZ-99/999, with improvements over the 226. The gents there mentioned that Slovenia was the most advanced and best educated population had out of the former Yugoslav Republics, and indicated that if it was engineered and built in Slovenia, it was worth buying based on that.

One gent that examined the Rex said its' "fit and finish" was at the Swiss/German level.  And the ergonomics, firing, finishing, components were everything is as it should be. He suggested that someone from the Kragujevac Zastava should have done that with the CZ-99. And another indicated that..."AREX design shows that the designers in the new gun wanted to unite the best known solutions, and modify them as needed and at the same time reject flaws with other guns.

Don't know if there's a manufacturing agreement between AREX and NB INAT, but the Rex has been out since 2013 in Europe before it was brought here last year.  Another gent indicated that..." Arex Ltd. produced series "BB" gun "NB INAT" since they NB INAT do not have their own production facilities.

Another said he talked with one of the engineers from Arex, was told that they have sold in America, the entire production of guns for one year in advance. Another says the US market is a "cash cow".

Since Serbia is closely tied to Russia, and Slovenia is a NATO member perhaps there's could be two companies playing both sides. All they have to do is re-brand the same gun and sell it to a different market via a different company. Or all the NB INAT company could do it download the CAD/CAM Rex Zero specs to a CNC machine in Serbia to start up production for its version based on a licensing agreement with AREX.

The last post indicated there is a REX Zero 5 sporting gun with an longer slide, and target sights over there.
View Quote
I can't seem to see the picture of the B210 on the link you posted, but did you see the picture of the BB22 pistol elsewhere on that site? That thing looks a LOT like a CZ 999 with the addition of the REX Zero 1 frame safety on there.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a Sig 226, EZ9 ,and the ARex zero 1. I do not know about any Serbian concensus,but from my unscientific observations, the Arex is a updated and much more expensive version of the CZ99 with a few subtle changes. Not wanting to argue,but to me the Arex is not twice as good as the EZ/CZ99 at twice the price.
I paid $259 for the EZ9 NIB and paid $620 for the Arex. Yes the Zastavas are crude/rough compared to the Arex. The Arex frame is about 1/2 longer than the Sig or the CZ99. Anyone that has all 3 and does a side by side comparison will see the Arex is closer to the Zastava and greatly differs from the Sig with the exception of similar magazine tubes and a similar hammer,which is cast.
           Please do not take my word for it, compare the pistols with one another and draw your own conclusion.
I have compared the 3 pistols of my own and this is my conclusion.
                                                                                                                                                                                   I will know more when I put some rounds down the tube on the Arex,I know the Zastava and the Sig are both  very accurate .
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone that has all 3 and does a side by side comparison will see the Arex is closer to the Zastava and greatly differs from the Sig with the exception of similar magazine tubes and a similar hammer,which is cast.
View Quote
EXACTLY^^^
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I can't seem to see the picture of the B210 on the link you posted, but did you see the picture of the BB22 pistol elsewhere on that site? That thing looks a LOT like a CZ 999 with the addition of the REX Zero 1 frame safety on there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- AREX, Slovenia,

- SCGM, Kragujevac,

- Jugohemija, Belgrade,

B210

The B-210 and other pistols are on the brochure link on the NB INAT website.  It also shows up around page 17-19 out of 21 on the Serb site.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I was looking for a price on the Gephard B210 just   to see the price compared to the Arex zero 1.
I emailed the company about it a week ago ,but I have yet to receive a reply.
The railed AK looks interesting as well.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top