Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2015 9:20:27 AM EDT
[youtube]https://youtu.be/KhkoJgl1i7I[/youtube]
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Saw this and it's a good video. May get an x-trim to try because for the price why not. Are you the grand power rep from enos?
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw this and it's a good video. May get an x-trim to try because for the price why not. Are you the grand power rep from enos?
View Quote

I started out buying one of the first K100's in Canada. Absolutely fell in love with it.
I'd been shooting 1911's for 20 years prior and was shocked to find this new gun had a better out of the box trigger.

I started working for GP in 2013.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I started out buying one of the first K100's in Canada. Absolutely fell in love with it.
I'd been shooting 1911's for 20 years prior and was shocked to find this new gun had a better out of the box trigger.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the rotating barrel and the triggers seem fantastic. Are the single actions pretty crisp or is there much creep before the break?
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I like the rotating barrel and the triggers seem fantastic. Are the single actions pretty crisp or is there much creep before the break?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are two different systems.

The original K100 hammer system is about as creep free as you can get on a production gun. The take up in SA is short and it has a very nice clean break. After it's broken in the SA is usually about 3.75# with a very short reset. For the duty guns like the K100 and P1, they do come with a firing pin safety but the system is preloaded so that the user doesn't feel any added clunkiness during the trigger stroke. The firing pin safety is not part of the X-Trim.

The X-Calibur hammer system uses a different style and location of sear for increased mechanical advantage. It has a slight rolling break with no staging prior to release. It is usually about 2.75# out of the box.

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone else find that the video link is broken?

Sorry, don't know how I screwed that up.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The original K100 hammer system is about as creep free as you can get on a production gun. The take up in SA is short and it has a very nice clean break. After it's broken in the SA is usually about 3.75# with a very short reset. For the duty guns like the K100 and P1, they do come with a firing pin safety but the system is preloaded so that the user doesn't feel any added clunkiness during the trigger stroke. The firing pin safety is not part of the X-Trim.

The X-Calibur hammer system uses a different style and location of sear for increased mechanical advantage. It has a slight rolling break with no staging prior to release. It is usually about 2.75# out of the box.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet thanks. So the x-trim seems like what I want. Tell me if I have all this right.
K100- duty sized standard model.
P1- shorter barrel but same frame.
P11- compact version of the k100 and p1
X-trim- k100 with a lightened ode and no firing pin safety.
X-cal- different trigger, long fluted bull barrel, lightened slide. Uspsa production legal.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#8]
my
Quoted:

Sweet thanks. So the x-trim seems like what I want. Tell me if I have all this right.
X-cal- different trigger, long fluted bull barrel, lightened slide. Uspsa production legal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The P11 is also different in that it does not have the modular backstraps of the other 9mm guns.
The X-Trim and X-Calibur are also fitted a little tighter for accuracy over the more duty oriented models.

If you want, you can pimp out the K100 or P1 with the Dynamic rear and fiber optic front sights of the X-Trim,
You can also buy the wider safety levers for any of the models.

If competition is your thing, the X-Calibur is approved for USPSA Production as are the rest of the 9mm's.
If you shoot IDPA, the X-Calibur seems to be verboten due to it's factory bull barrel, but the X-Trim is proving popular.
About the only caveat to shooting IDPA with a GP is you may not be able to run double wide safeties and instead may need to stick with the thin lever on the non-dominant side.

If you like calibers larger than 9mm, we have the P40 and P45 available. They are 4.25 inch duty guns with the thin safeties and standard sights.
They can be upgraded with the sights, safeties and mag buttons of the X-Trim if you like.
The slide is just a bit thinner than the Glock so if you can carry a G17 IWB, you can carry the P40.

The nice part about the rotary locking system when you start playing with the larger calibers is recoil management.
Folks that would prefer to shoot .40 or .45 but find that the recoil is too much might enjoy a test drive.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

For the Canuck

Nice shooting BTW
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For the Canuck

Nice shooting BTW
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the Canuck

Nice shooting BTW

Thanks!

Pat sure can pull the trigger!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top