Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2015 11:17:22 AM EDT
Can anyone explain the functional differences between this two handguns ?

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I understand, the TP9SA is a Gen1 TP9 with single action only (and retains the decocker...). The TP9v2 has a redesigned grip and frame and reverts back to the DA/SA set-up of the Gen1 TP9.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
https://youtu.be/VTWBNX_GChE
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
SA is single action with a decocker that renders the gun dead the V2 is a DA/SA and the decocker puts it in double action. they are coming out with a new model called the SF which is like the glock no decocker single action I have a feeling that they are going to fly off the shelf.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a feeling that they are going to fly off the shelf.
View Quote

maybe, if they shrink it down to G19 size too
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Am I missing something.  Isn't this V2 trigger just the same at the originall Walther P99 anti-stress trigger they have had since the 90's and the first TP9 is just the copy of the P99/SW99 quick action trigger that nobody liked??  David
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't understand a De-cocker on a single action only pistol....  What if you are carrying cocked, with one in the chamber,  and you bump the De-cocker without knowing,  then you need to draw your weapon....  You have to rack the slide when you find out the gun won't fire....

I have the V2
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Make it Glock 19 size, or a hair smaller.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

too late goose, they F'd it up again
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't understand a De-cocker on a single action only pistol....  What if you are carrying cocked, with one in the chamber,  and you bump the De-cocker without knowing,  then you need to draw your weapon....  You have to rack the slide when you find out the gun won't fire....

I have the V2
View Quote

I would say it's because you're not thinking like a Turk.  They designed these pistols for military and LEO usage but in Turkey, sidearms are carried in condition 3, loaded magazine, empty chamber needing the shooter to rack a round into the chamber before firing.  Now for Johnny Turk, he draws the pistol, racks the slide and shots are fired.  Now rather than try to eject a live round and insert it back into a magazine after a defense shooting is done, I depress the decocking plate essentially leaving my pistol back again into a quasi condition 3 before I reholster it.  Now if the need to use it again comes up, he draws the weapon, racks the slide like he always does with the same muscle memory.  Well, at least knowing how the Turks operate, that's my best guess as to why the decocking plate exists on the TP9SA but it's a plausible guess in any case.  
Now that all being said, it doesn't appear to be a complex or expensive procedure to deactivate the decocking plate with a wire coat hanger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top