Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2015 11:02:49 PM EDT
Question for those that have this pistol.  How is the flip compared to other pistols.  I am an entrenched CZ SP01 guy but I like a little variety at times.  I like very little flip and nice triggers.  Any comparisons would be greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a chance to shoot one a couple weeks ago. I did better with it than my 85combat. Good trigger and easy to get back on target. That's all I've got...

FWIW I want one now.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:41:09 AM EDT
[#2]
My coming in this week. Got it around $340. I bought it because I don't own a rotating barrel in my collection. Everybody says good things about it. There are a number of youtube reviews you want to check out.

http://www.kygunco.com/Century-International-K100-MK7-9mm-15RD-4.25in-Stainless-Pistol-80952
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I was sold on the trigger alone, albeit mine is the shorter barrel P1 Mk7.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
My Mk7 came in today. Field striping is a pain. Took me 30 minutes to figure how to reassemble it back. Youtube videos wasn't any help. Once I understand it it became pretty easy.

There is a small click sound before take up in SA which I found to be very very annoying. I actually did a google search to make sure it is normal.

http://www.grandpower.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=134

The manual safety is retarded. When in safe mode red show up. In other firearms red means hot, ready to fire. That's a MAJOR firearm safety problem. I need to figure out a way to fix it.

Safety is on but red is showing.

http://tacticalgunreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/P1Mk7_trigger_guard.jpg

Safety is off no red is showing.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Mk7 came in today. Field striping is a pain. Took me 30 minutes to figure how to reassemble it back. Youtube videos wasn't any help. Once I understand it it became pretty easy.

There is a small click sound before take up in SA which I found to be very very annoying. I actually did a google search to make sure it is normal.

http://www.grandpower.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=134

The manual safety is retarded. When in safe mode red show up. In other firearms red means hot, ready to fire. That's a MAJOR firearm safety problem. I need to figure out a way to fix it.

Safety is on but red is showing.
http://tacticalgunreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/P1Mk7_trigger_guard.jpg

Safety is off no red is showing.

View Quote

Sounds like a clusterfuck
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah it was bad reassembling it back. The last time I had this much trouble was with the CZ52 15 years ago.
It was so hard I had to remove the recoil and barrel from the slide. With the naked slide I made sure which part of the slide snap back into the frame. The problem was getting it back with the recoil spring and barrel in place. The trick was to set the barrel in the forward position(the same barrel position when a typical handgun lock up on the last round). Without the barrel breech blocking, the reassemble became easy.
The trigger is nice but all the reviews failed to mention there is actually two clicks in SA. The first click is slightly touching the trigger and the second is the typical break. To me it's very annoying to other it's a non-issue..

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the compact version the P1 Mk7. I have 5 pistols including a P226 and a CZ-75 and the Grand Power is the one that rides with me and the one I enjoy shooting the most. The trigger is incredible. The rotating barrel reduces flip. It comes with 3 different backstraps so you can fit it to your hand. It is extremely reliable. Hell you can get one for 350 bucks brand new why not try it out
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#8]
All those takedown and assembly problems are fixed in the newer Mk12 if you don't mind paying $200 more.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#9]
The "click" is the disconnector snapping back up and the only time the user is likely to feel it is in SA following loading.

If you are carrying the gun hammer down for the first shot, you'll never notice it.
When shooting, the disconnector resets as you release the trigger, so you're never going to notice it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:56:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Excellent guns.  Accurate, fast, reduced "flip", ...and on and on.  I cannot say enough about how impressed I am with these guns.

The trigger reset is a little different but once you figure it out it is outstanding.  Field stripping is just different but once you learn the process it's just as fast as anything else (old models).  Pull down on the front of the trigger guard and move to the side a little, pull slide to the rear and up.  Done.  Reassemble- point the slide down to the ground. put the square/flat side of the barrel against the top the slide and let it drop all the way through the front of the slide (like in recoil).  Line up the guide rod and spring push the slide back to the read and down onto the frame.  It's actually quick once you do it a few times.

New models have an updated disassembly button sort of like a glock.

Dropped factory night sights onto my P1 last night.  A tremendous improvement.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Video of Trigger noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib6nk6DkqnY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top