Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2015 11:42:56 AM EDT
The Zastava EZ 9 pistols I think were brought in again a few years ago by K-Var, but I don't think they have them anymore (I could be wrong). I really like the CZ 999 (more or less same gun without rail and slightly different hammer) but I think the importation of them is drying up (hopefully not!) and might want to find another similar gun as a spare. Anybody know if the EZ 9's are still being imported or if there are any places online that might have new old stock still around?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
These are nice.

Aim Surplus
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the cz999, you don't need the rail.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

My thought exactly...

And I did...

Forrest
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Dang, pretty good looking pistol for under 300 bucks!
What's their reputation like? Is it the same factory that makes the AK's? I wouldn't mind having that little pistol for tackle box, or something.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#5]
they are Sig clones.  Been around a LONG time.  There is a huge thread on them on here if you search.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

While I happen to agree that I don't need the rail, that doesn't answer the question, whether the EZ 9s were still being imported or not. It seems that currently they are not. The good news is that as the other poster pointed out AIM at least still has some CZ999 compacts over there (something I had not seen before) so that is a good sign, I'd like not to see these pistols go away.  I do rather wish the full size 4.25" barreled ones would come around again, I'd prefer one of those over the compacts, but the only ones I can find are .40 cal. Yuck.

I do actually have a CZ 999 compact, but for those who might be interested to know, I posted this thread before I decided that unfortunately I'm going to have to send it back to Century to have them look it over. The gun has had 4 FTF in under 200 rounds, and the spent primers from some of the brass (ZQI 123 grain 9mm NATO) look very, very ugly, almost like they are bulging out (if I can I'll post a pic). Also got about one round per mag (on average) thrown back towards my face or head. I tried some other 9mm (Aguila 124 grain was better) but just the other day I shot a mag (15 rounds) of Federal AE 124 grain 9mm and LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE ROUND WAS THROWN BACK IN MY FACE. LITERALLY. Not good. So anyway, all those things noted, the gun will have to get sent back. Whatever is going on with it, it ain't right.

I DO believe that this gun (Ii.e. mine) is the exception to the rule here, and probably not the norm...I have seen I think now almost every single major firearm manufacturer I've personally purchased a pistol from ship out a gun that has exhibited some sort of issue or problem right out of the box (Beretta, FN, Glock, etc.). It gets really frustrating but everybody and anybody can put out a lemon or a gun that is out of tolerance in some areas, it happens. I really like the gun--so much so that as long as I can get this original one fixed satisfactorily, I'd probably like to get another one down the road. Never heard of any real issues with the EZ 9s, or for that matter the CZ 999s (other than mine). The CZ 999 is pretty accurate at 25 yards for a $340 gun. It really sucks that I get a gun I actually really like, and shoots well, and there is an issue that requires warranty service out of the box (the Taurus PT 92 AF is another example --but I won't digress) but again, what are you gonna do, these things happen...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top