Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2015 2:10:42 PM EDT
Anyone do this?

I'm thinking of drifting the rear sight on the TP9SA just a bit, but there are no instructions about in in the instructions  :)

I remember I also had to figure things out on my own when drifting my Ruger SR1911.  The TP9SA has 2 holes on the top of the rear sight, which I assume are very small receptacles for allen wrenches...but odd that there are 2.  The Ruger only had one.

I'm not the most experienced at this - only done it once.  Searched Youtube for a video, but didn't see one.

Is it simply a matter of finding the right sized allen wrenches, loosing the 2 'screws' that are accessed via the holes in the top of the rear sight, adjusting, then re-tightening?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I think there was someone on the TP9 User Group on FB that did it.  I seem to recall him having to beat the crap out of the sights.  To the point he was worried about breaking them.  But I really cannot remember.

Phil

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Phil.

I did get an answer from a friend, and my thinking was actually correct on how to adjust the sights.

I just got back from shooting it again, and the problem turned out to be lighting/shadow from the particular area of the range (indoor) I was in.  Today I asked for a spot in the middle where the lighting was more even (shot this gun all the way to one side prior to this) and the gun was perfect.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got two TP9SA's.  A black one and a tan one.  The black one was shooting a little left for me so I put the slide in a vise and I took both screws out.  I was able to use a hardwood block and tap it to the right without much trouble.  My tan one I attempted to take the rear off and one of the screws was rounded out immediately.  I eventually had to drill out the screw.  The other screw came right out and I tapped it the sight off with about the same force at the black one.  I did find the screw to my stock CZ P07 sight threaded right into the screw hole I had to drill out, so I got lucky with that.  I used a 1/16th allen.  David
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, David, good to know for future.  

Just to clarify - I know there was some drilling out, and want to be sure I've got it right for future (I'm considering a 2nd, perhaps in tan) - is the 1/16 allen wrench the correct size for the TP9SA's rear sight?

TIA ~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top