Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/9/2015 3:42:38 PM EDT
I figured we could make a list of what aftermarket parts/accessories will actually work with these pistols. Feel free to add any accessories I've missed or haven't discovered.
Some of these pics aren't mine. I did get them from the Canik Owner's Group. I don't mind giving credit, but I want to avoid using real names. PM me with what you would prefer.
What is Compatible/Cross Compatible.:

Sights-
Jury is still out on these. But it looks as if CZ75 Front Sights fit with no issues. The jury is still out on the rear sight however. But the dimensions are probably very close! It is my speculation that they could be fitted to the slide. Looks like CZ Custom even makes a rear sight base for optics.
http://czcustom.com/sliderackersightbasekadets.aspx

CZ75 Hi Vis Front Sight on Canik TP9SA
Good enough for target use.

Base Plates-
M9 Plates appear to work.
Mecgar+2 Extensions also appear to work and had no reliability issues. But need enhanced springs for last round hold open.

Magazine Springs-
Not sure what is compatible. Possibly M9?

Holsters-
Some M&P holsters seem to work.
Desantes Intruder IWB

VS

Super Tuck Canik TP9SA Holster

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank for that info.  I have a CZ rear sight at home I'm just waiting for my pistol to come back from getting the frame cerakoted when I will try it out.  I'm definately ordering a CZ front sight.  David
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank for that info.  I have a CZ rear sight at home I'm just waiting for my pistol to come back from getting the frame cerakoted when I will try it out.  I'm definately ordering a CZ front sight.  David
View Quote

Please let me know. I'm thinking of ordering a rear optic mount from CZ Custom. If the fitment is close I'll order the aluminum version and use a file to make it fit.

Off topic but, Anyone know if any other sights will fit on a C More mount?

Would be nice to throw a Primary Arms Reflex on the TP9SA. I think they use Burris though.

Having a competition pistol for $550 or less with a RDS sounds wonderful IMO.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Somebody on facebook confirmed the CZ75 rear sight fits.

Also Truglo just came out with TFX for the CZ75.

http://www.truglo.com/firearms-handgun/brite-site-tfx-handgun-sights.asp

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the update.  I still haven't gotten mine back from Cerakoting to try my CZ rear sight.  David
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#5]
This pistol is a very similar design to the Walther P-99 S&W 99 semi autos.  Curious if the sight dovetails are the same, also wonder if the mags are inter changeable with Walther or S&W?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This pistol is a very similar design to the Walther P-99 S&W 99 semi autos.  Curious if the sight dovetails are the same, also wonder if the mags are inter changeable with Walther or S&W?
View Quote

The original Canik TP9 will take walther sights. The TP9SA series looks to be based on the CZ75 sights.
I'm not entirely sure about the magazines, but I seen people using Canik magazines in their Walther firearms.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#7]

The Blackhawk Serpa holster for the Glock 20/21 and M&P fits the Canik nicely.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2238111580/blackhawk-cqc-serpa-holster-glock-20-21-s-and-w-m-and-p-45-polymer

FYI, because I had wondered it myself, the Walther P99 SERPA does NOT fit the TP9SA, it seems it is too tight. It *MAY* fit the original TP9 but I have no way of testing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like the Canik TP9V2 is out.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/tp9-v2-sa-black-new-model-18rd-hg3352n
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:15:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Does the TP9V2 have  a DA/SA trigger?
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:49:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does the TP9V2 have  a DA/SA trigger?
View Quote

Looks like a striker fired pistol............do not own one,so.....?
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like the Canik TP9V2 is out.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/tp9-v2-sa-black-new-model-18rd-hg3352n
View Quote

About damn time. I wonder how long these have been released? Century doesn't seem to do the greatest job sometimes announcing stuff like this.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#12]
The TP9v2 and/or TP9SF look like guns I would consider owning.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#13]
From what I heard about the TP9V2.

The DA is much smoother than the original.
The SA is very close to the TP9SA, and the reset is pretty much the same.

I'm going to be selling off my TP9SA and upgrading the the TP9V2. I'll update you guys when I can. Though it might be a couple weeks.
I'm too impatient to wait for the TP9SF
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
From what I heard about the TP9V2.

The DA is much smoother than the original.
The SA is very close to the TP9SA, and the reset is pretty much the same.

I'm going to be selling off my TP9SA and upgrading the the TP9V2. I'll update you guys when I can. Though it might be a couple weeks.
I'm too impatient to wait for the TP9SF
View Quote

I'm going to get one myself, but I'm not selling off my TP9SA to get one (maybe I'll sell something else) because I'd like to compare the two side by side in person. If I really, really like the TP9 V2 over the TP9SA perhaps I'll trade the SA towards another TP9 V2, but I'll have to wait and see. The best thing is that both these pistols should take the same magazine without switching out a floorplate (both should use the TP9SA 18-round mag).

I'm actually really excited the TP9 V2 is out, I've been waiting for it for months. This gun and the Beretta M9A3 are the last pistols I wanted to get hands on with (if Beretta ever gets around to releasing the M9A3 that is).

Hopefully the local shop will have the TP9 V2 soon, and at the same price as the TP9SA ($350 OTD), I really hate to buy guns online anymore and search for a transfer dealer, because most of the time I find unless there is a screaming deal or savings to be had, it is more practical and only slightly more expensive to buy locally (if it is even any more expensive at all than buying online, after shipping,FFL transfer fees, and gas).  

The TP9 SF someday when it gets imported, perhaps I'll get one (perhaps), but in all honesty I kind of forget the decocker is even there on the SA...granted the gun would be better for most of us if it wasn't there in the first place, but it really doesn't bother me personally; I definitely would not pay a substantial premium for the TP9SF over the TP9SA (not saying there will be one, I'm just saying I wouldn't).
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 3:44:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I actually just picked up a TP9V2 I ordered from classic firearms today, Its true cant wait to get the big guys doing the reviews on this one, the DA/SA is soooo much better than the original you cant even compare them, the DA is akin to Sig P226 Pull its heavy but smooth as butter, I dont have a trigger gauge to feel but it feels almost just like the P226/229 Maybe a tad lighter, but the SA is almost Identical to the TP9SA, its a littler heavier from what century told me when I called them but putting them together id say not enough to worry about, maybe a half pound heavier. The thing obviously is still using the SA frame and I love that, the mags from a SA will work and the gun just is getting more refined each new version that comes out, I honestly shoot this gun better than my Smith and Wessons with Apex Triggers and my P226, which makes me very sad, The gun is fantastic if you find one in a shop get it dont think about it just pick it up, you can make the money back on it if you dont like it !
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#16]
So has anyone determined if the Canik TP9V2 shares mags with another handgun? Just looking online, the Canik mag looks very similar to that on the Beretta 92?

If so, I was hoping to pick one of these up and cut it down to a compact sized frame.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Beretta magazines work if you cut the appropriate notch for the Canik.

Try modding a fullsize 92 magazine and testing it before you grip chop.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#18]
The holster looks VERY similar to a Serpa. Anyone know if the RTI hanger would work on it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Really like my SA will definitely be looking at the SF model wish they would release a compact model SF , if so I'd be looking at replacing my glock 19  ,I like the Canik that much I also would like to see an extended slide release for the SA and upcoming SF
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#20]
nt

Link Posted: 9/19/2015 7:18:22 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

So has anyone determined if the Canik TP9V2 shares mags with another handgun? Just looking online, the Canik mag looks very similar to that on the Beretta 92?

If so, I was hoping to pick one of these up and cut it down to a compact sized frame.
View Quote
If you do find a mag that works and do  a grip chop please post photos love to see this

Link Posted: 9/19/2015 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#22]
92 magazines have been reported to work well when the notch is cut out.

I'd try the full size magazine for yourself, and if it works well take the plunge with some compact magazines
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#23]
The Beretta 92 +2 extensions
work on the SA mags. I get
+3 on the P-99 mags with
those, but only +2 on the
Canik mags.

Sweet gun. I bought a tan
one last week & picked up a
black one today.

Century has a $25 rebate
until Oct. 15, Here.

John

Edit to add, 10-4-15  I ordered a few OEM
mags & some Pearce Beretta Plus 2's, and
I could not get them to work well. I could only
get 1 extra round, so I have returned the Canik
mags back to there standard capacity of 18.

Sorry!

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#24]
After a range trip today for rounds
down range to verify correct function,
I began rummaging around for a
holster & found that my Galco DT224
for my Glock, fits the TP9SA like
it was made for it.

I am on this wagon bad.

Sweet pistol for a fantastic
price.

John
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#25]
i run my tp9sa in a glock 17 kydex/leather iwb holster for ccw.  also i run the beretta m9 mecgar +2 magazine extensions with out a hitch!
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Just found this site, www.clingerholsters.com
They have 3 different models of IWB kydex holsters, with a listing for the TP9SA for each.  FYI.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#27]
i have read the tp9 mags work in the walther ppq m2's
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I have a TP9V2 and it does have DA/SA. Also has a decocker. Great gun. Hope someone here comes up with a positive on new sights and holsters.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Reviews are starting to show up for the TP9 sf model (without decocker). It has easily replaceable sights that match up with glock and S&W aftermarket sights. That will be very nice.

Rumor is that a compact model is coming out as well. Hopefully they will make the announcement at Shot Show this week. I will buy a compact version in a heart beat.

More holsters are showing up as well. Seems the Canik is catching on
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Any ideas when we should see the TP9SF for sale on websites?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#31]
any day now
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Prepper Gun Shop just posted the Tan Canik TP9sf model for $349
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Is there an English equivilant of the following video:

I'd like to better understand exactly how each variant of the TP9 is different so I make sure I purchase the right model for my interests.

At one point, I thought I recalled seeing a video where there was going to be a DA/SA trigger and a DAO trigger bundled with each gun of a certain model.  I also think the SF model is a striker fired model but it would be really nice to see all of this condensed down into a single video.

Thanks
Wes
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  Now trying to decide if I want to wait for the black or go with the tan
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'd like to better understand exactly how each variant of the TP9 is different so I make sure I purchase the right model for my interests.

Thanks
Wes
View Quote

To the best of my understanding: The TP9 (the original) is a DOA trigger. The TP9SA (which i just bought) is a typical striker fire trigger with a decocker on top of the slide, once decocked the weapon is dead until the slide is racked again. The TP9V2 is a DA/SA striker with the same decocker on top of the slide. Essentially you could chamber a round, decock the striker and still fire the weapon from DA on the first round. The newest TP9SF is (to my knowledge) basically the V2 without the decocker, essentially a standard striker fire handgun (ie: Glock, M&P, VP9, etc). Hopefully that was all accurate and somewhat helpful.

Edit: That is purely my knowledge on the trigger mechanism on the firearms. I can't speak to differences in size, weight, ergonomics between the models.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I just came across Clinger Holsters website, they make a couple of holster for the TP9SA.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:52:22 PM EDT
[#37]
JG Sales has plenty of Canik/MECGAR 18rnd mags for $25.  No You don't have to rack the entire slide and eject a round to reset the striker. Just pull the slide back 1/4" and it resets just like a Glock.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
JG Sales has plenty of Canik/MECGAR 18rnd mags for $25.  No You don't have to rack the entire slide and eject a round to reset the striker. Just pull the slide back 1/4" and it resets just like a Glock.
View Quote

I got a few mags from cheaper then dirt $24 for 18 rounders and $29 for 20's. Don't like ordering from them but they were the cheapest place with both in stock.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#39]
I have found a couple of local holster makers who were willing to make one for me. They would need the gun for 3 days, and have a custom holster. Many options, and they had examples of their work, both had nice stuff for sale. They had booths at the local gun show. I am going for it. I prefer a thumb break, maybe a custom leather as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They would need the gun for 3 days,
View Quote

do they possess an FFL?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

do they possess an FFL?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They would need the gun for 3 days,

do they possess an FFL?

One was, not sure about the other.
Edit, I can confirm that the mec gar +2 base plate F42099 for the M9 is the proper one to make them 20 rds. Havent been to the range, just got them tonight to check if they will hold the slide back on the last round.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a TP9SF.  Been using a M&P Kydex/leather Holster, it fits ok.  A little tight.  I have noticed wear near my muzzle from the holster despite it having been used very little.  I am looking for a new holster to run with this gun.

Regarding sights for the TP9SF: I got this info direct in email from Century Arms.
- The rear sight is compatible with Glock
- The front sight is compatible with M&P

I have an optic mounted on my TP9SF.  It is a Vortex Viper 6moa mini RDS mounted in a Strike Industries G.U.M Mount  The mount works well with the TP9SF.  Because the shape of the slide is triangular vs Glocks flat top surface, 2 of the 6 screws used to secure the mount to the pistol cant be used.  They are the screws on the extream left and right sides of the mount.  I feel that the mount is very secure despite not having those two scews in use. The mount fits very snugly to the slide.  A rear sight pusher tool is a must to install.  I have not taken the mount off, but if I had to guess I would say that the finish under the mount is scuffed up to very scuffed up.  The dot sits close to the slide, very low proflie.  Without milling the slide (i tried to find someone who would do this but nobuddy said they work on Caniks) I believe this is about as good a slide mounted RDS you can get.  Unfortunately there is no co witness w/ Irons as there is no rear iron sight.  This being a range toy for me, its not a big deal.  If you need irons check out this Dueck Defence or the Lupold Delta Point pro with rear iron sights

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#43]
What's the best place to buy magazines for my TP9SF (Same mags as SA)?  Ideally I would like to get free shipping as that is often the biggest price variable.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What's the best place to buy magazines for my TP9SF (Same mags as SA)?  Ideally I would like to get free shipping as that is often the biggest price variable.
View Quote

AIM Surplus is my go to place. Site Sponsor as well

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#45]
so CZ75 mags will not work? if 92F mags work with the cutout enlarged, would Taurus 92/99F mags work ok then? as the holes are larger and work fine in berretta 92F/99F/M9?
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#46]
The Canik CZ clones are the only ones that take the 75B mags.  These are Walther clones.  

I don't understand the constant looking for substitue mags.  TP9/SA/SF mags are $25 shipped from a couple of places.  I would think Canik mags are easier to find than Taurus mag right now.  David
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Took my BNIB TP9SF to my departmen's range for shits and giggles. To everyone's surprise, the damn thing shot phenomenally (better than our issued M&Ps and frequently compared to H&K). We even wrote it into the approved list for alternate duty / off-duty guns. The biggest problem appears to be holster availability. I haven't found any duty holsters yet. No Safariland ALS or Blackhawk SERPA, just a few concealment holsters by kydex makers.

I'll shoot off a couple emails to Safariland and Canik. If they respond back in the affirmative I'll let y'all know. In the meanwhile I'll keep beating around my pistol and see how well it holds up over several thousand rounds.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#48]
I have had my SA for about 8 months now. Its replaced my Glocks and Sigs as my favorite pistol. Ive got long skinny hands so the grip is absolutely perfect for me. I carry it in a holster from Cleveland Kydex. it fits perfectly with my TLR 1 on it. Ive give thought to replacing the sights but don't really fins it necessary right now. The only thing I want for it is 3 of those 20 rounders. Anyone know the best place to get them  
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 2:21:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Took my BNIB TP9SF to my departmen's range for shits and giggles. To everyone's surprise, the damn thing shot phenomenally (better than our issued M&Ps and frequently compared to H&K). We even wrote it into the approved list for alternate duty / off-duty guns. The biggest problem appears to be holster availability. I haven't found any duty holsters yet. No Safariland ALS or Blackhawk SERPA, just a few concealment holsters by kydex makers.

I'll shoot off a couple emails to Safariland and Canik. If they respond back in the affirmative I'll let y'all know. In the meanwhile I'll keep beating around my pistol and see how well it holds up over several thousand rounds.
View Quote

The SERPA holster for the Glock 20, 21, S&W M&P 45 will fit the TP9SA/TPV2/TPSF just fine. I have used it myself.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2238111580/blackhawk-cqc-serpa-holster-glock-20-21-s-and-w-m-and-p-45-polymer

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wonder if any of those old SW99 holsters everyone had in the 90's would fit.  I know the Canik slide is a little longer but it is still a Walther clone.

KT holsters appears to have one for the TP9SA.  KT duty holster
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top