Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2015 6:02:47 PM EDT
Seen a few afound locally for  about 350 or so. Anybody own one of the full size or compact CZ 999s that could give their take on these? Any holsters ouf there that'll fit these Ok?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep.  I have all the vids u need on my Youtube channel, search cz999 holster options.  They've been discussed here before too.  Sig p series holsters work fine.  Incredible gun.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep.  I have all the vids u need on my Youtube channel, search cz999 holster options.  They've been discussed here before too.  Sig p series holsters work fine.  Incredible gun.
View Quote

Thank you sir, I will check those out
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 of them plus a couple of the TZ99's(South African made version of the same weapon). No complaints here, quite heavy duty and accurate. Feels pretty much like shooting a P226 for a lot less $. Mine were both around $300 each.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I really enjoy mine, paid $300 for it.  Rock solid so far.  I am using a leather 226 holster.  My only complaint is I can't put night sights on it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I really enjoy mine, paid $300 for it.  Rock solid so far.  I am using a leather 226 holster.  My only complaint is I can't put night sights on it.
View Quote

you sure?  I think Sig sights do fit...could be wrong though.  I put some of my daughter's neon nail polish in my dots.  I have other pistols for night use.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Seems like these are getting harder to find in the full size version in 9mm...some compacts still around, and some full size .40 caliber versions, but I'd prefer the full size 9mm...
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
but I'd prefer the full size 9mm...
View Quote

that's what I have.  The "compact" looks lopped off to me.  I chose the full.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:40:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

you sure?  I think Sig sights do fit...could be wrong though.  I put some of my daughter's neon nail polish in my dots.  I have other pistols for night use.
</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

</a>

"Your daughter's" nail polish, sure.  

I like those grips on yours, are they aftermarket?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Tillander made them off my OEM grips, so in a way, everyone owes me one ;) .  Tillander sells on gunbroker and ebay.

here is the black/grey marbled he made me

and this is the maroon/black marbled set

he can make them in any color you can dream up

go to the gallery on his site and see some
tillander gun grips
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks!!  I'm going to send him a note about some groovy new grips!
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#11]
tell him dwcopple sent ya
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got mine this morning.  Cleaned &  lubed it (didn't really need cleaning), and took to the range.  

They seem to put this red/brown preservative on some interior metal areas, such as the slide - I've seen this before on some of the eastern Europeans guns, but only on the magazines.   The decocker is not as smooth operating as the Sig, but that's of no matter to me, personally.

It is a fairly heavy tank, but it shot great for me.   Got it 'used' - but it was such perfect condition, I doubt it had been fired much, if any.  $339 w/ 3 15-round mags.

Here are a couple of shots (edit: the pics showed up in the preview, but getting only links here...I'll try to fix):

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:26:26 PM EDT
[#13]
did yours come in the newer Zastava black foam-lined case?  Mine did.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
did yours come in the newer Zastava black foam-lined case?  Mine did.
View Quote

No, a cardboard-ish box with a slip case.

Just realized, also, why my photos didn't show - I have less than 50 posts, and only links will show until I get 50 (so the pic tutorial says).  But the links take you quickly to the photos.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#15]
wow, that sux, sorry dude.  I'll try an get a pic of my case up for ya.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks, that would be interesting to see.

It's not something I'm upset about though...as Shakespeare said, "The gun's the thing..."  
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm going  to see if I can pick one of these up this weekend. Itlooks like IT might have to settle for the compact 9mm though, I don't think there is a fullsize version locally right now,  and it seems Century is out for now of the m.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:40:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't think there's a great deal of difference between the compact and full-size, IIRC.  Believe the grip is the same, with just a bit of length shaved off the business end.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Just picked one up today--CZ 999 9mm compact. Mine actually did come with the black Zastava foam lined case. Hope to shoot it this weekend if weather permits. You all were right, there is very little difference between fullsize and compact versions--just a bit less on the barrel end. Very P229 like.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#20]
glad to see more people acquiring these.  they are a steal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

They certainly seem like one, I'll have to shoot it to see what I think I really think of it. I do hope they continue to import these, it seems like a very sturdy and well made gun. The single action trigger seems pretty good too--again, I'll see what it's like when I actually shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

So I brought mine out that I just acquired and overall I'm happy with the gun itself, there was one failure to fire (ZQI 9mm ammo) shooting the second magazine, none after that (about 90 or 105 rounds in total--6 or 7 mags). I'm not sure if it was a light primer strike or if the ammunition itself was at fault, from what I can remember there seemed to be a normal indentation on the primer. ZQI by-and-large has been great reliable ammo so it's surprising to me that I'd possibly gotten a bad round with it but it's possible certainly.

To the gun's credit it fed, fired and ejected everything (except that one ZQI round) including Tula steel case and a bunch of different HP rounds (Liberty Defense, Federal Hydra Shok, etc.)so that's a very good sign. Had one ejected piece of brass come back toward my face but that was the only one, and it might have been due to crappy ammo. No big deal.

Double action naturally is heavy and a bit long for me but the SA is pretty good. I like it.  

The gun seems to be shooting low and to the left at 25 yards when I aim for center of mass on the target. Not sure what everyone else's experience has been thus far. Might have to drift the sights.

My only real complaint is the two included 15 round magazines are EXTREMELY stiff and difficult to load by hand. RIDICULOUSLY. I wish they would have included a mag loading tool. I don't know if anyone else has seen and experienced this with their mags, and I really hope that not all Zastava CZ 999 mags are like this, but I suspect they probably are. I'm hoping they will loosen up at least a bit with some repeated use because having to load them by hand (at least for me) has been a real bear and unfairly detracts from the enjoyable experience of shooting the gun. I thought Glock 17 and Canik TP9 magazines were tough to load to capacity by hand, and they are, but they are NOTHING like this. Not for nothing, but it's only a 15 round mag...encountering serious stiffness on loading the 6th or 10th round in the mag is kind of ridiculous. I did disassemble the mags BTW and make sure there wasn't any thick grease like cosmoline or some kind of grit in there, but they were still pretty stiff to load again afterward.      

Overall I like the gun, I just hope the mags loosen up some over time, and that if I buy a spare it won't be as insanely tight and hard to load as the two that came with the gun.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#23]
That's a pity about the mags.  The ones that came with mine surprised me by loading to full capacity without too much pressure.  Mine was used...but really didn't look as if it had been fired much, if at all.  Hope they loosen up for you.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#24]
my mags were GTG new out of the box.  dunno what's up with yours.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
my mags were GTG new out of the box.  dunno what's up with yours.
View Quote

I don't know either.

I'm going to try to get ahold of another mag or two and see if there's any difference. I had heard CDNN Sports had some Zastava EZ9 mags but I don't  know if they still have any. I'm not sure what other vendors have them...Century probably does. The gun isn't perfect, but with good magazines the value is definitely there.

Hmm...CDNN does still have some for those interested!

EAA EZ/KBI/CZ99 9MM 15RD MAGAZINE

http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines/ez-kbi-cz99-9-15rd-fact.html#.VRnu3eFcgWc
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I just wanted to post a quick update to this thread that might be helpful to others. First I just wanted to put it out there for those who do not know and for those that care, although a Blackhawk Serpa holster for a SIG P220/226 WILL fit a CZ999, the pistol is a tight fit to click into the holster as it is--you can get it in there and click it securely, but be advised there is a bit of a drag upon withdrawing the pistol from the holster, and if you're wearing the SERPA with a paddle type attachment (as opposed to having the holster threaded through a belt) you might accidentally pull the whole holster out during the draw if you're not careful. I think if a little bit of unneeded material was removed from the inside of the holster (probably from where some of it contacts the front of the slide) the holster would probably be perfect to draw from without the drag. Again, the holster will work in a pinch, but do be advised of the above info if you prefer those types of holsters.

Luckily, I was able to find today a SIGTAC (ITAC) holster for the P226 (mine says for railed models only, but it doesn't matter) that fits PERFECTLY! Smooth as can be, no drag inserting or withdrawing the pistol. It can be seen here http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-y8Xfg-KevFE/U1HvAX-YBkI/AAAAAAAACTI/ZRbl79t99UI/s1600/1017745_10202923416100684_8973305360714537368_n.jpg (I know these types of holsters are not for everybody, but for those who are interested...)

I do need to find the belt attachment for it, but I'm very pleased this fits the gun so well. I'm  a happy camper indeed!

Also I was able to take the CZ999 out again the other day, and was able to fire about another 3 mags through it. I don't know if the magazine springs are starting to loosen up a bit, or if the (considerably) warmer weather helped out or what, but I reloaded one of the CZ999 mags at the range and it was much, much easier to load up to capacity than before--a good thing no doubt. Maybe the other one will become easier to load as time goes on also?

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#27]
I use a Fobus SG-21 paddle holster and it fits perfectly.  The SP11B fits like a glove too but I sold that because so much of the barrel was exposed with it.  

This week I am gonna attempt an action job on it to lighten up the double action pull.  It is outrageous in my opinion.  I know it can be improved the same way a SIG can.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Seems like a great gun, does anybody make 10 round mags for it? Damn SAFE Act! Anybody figure out if there are compatible night sights?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Seems like a great gun, does anybody make 10 round mags for it? Damn SAFE Act! Anybody figure out if there are compatible night sights?

View Quote

Sig sights work.  Modify Beretta 92 10rd mags and your are GTG
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which Sig sights? Don't they come in different sizes?
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes there are 10 rd factory mags available,but they are pretty hard to find.
I had one in 9mm and traded it to someone behind enemy lines for a factory 15 rd mag.
Check eBay often and search Galon,TZ99,CZ99,Zastava,EZ9 well you get the idea.
Good luck in the search, as a side note,beretta 92 and XD mags can be modified to work in 10 rd or 15 rd capacity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top