Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2015 8:17:09 PM EDT
Just checked the Canik site and they have a "no decocker and no loaded chamber indicator" version called the SF. I need to call Century and see if they have any future plans of importing this model? I have the TP9 and the decocker makes sense being you can still fire it just a longer DA pull....but on the SA version it has been my one sticking point from not ordering. Just don't like the idea of having a handgun that could have a dead trigger when I need it most. Highly unlikely it would get hit without me knowing it but still would always be in the back of my mind for truck/home gun.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen that on their site (Canik) and hoped the same thing.  For some reason I thought I had seen on their FB page where someone had asked and they had no plans as of right now.  Would be nice though...  Maybe if they hear it enough, they will reconsider.

Phil
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw this shot show video the other day.  It looks like plenty of things are coming available but only the black and tan versions are being imported right now.  David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0-xoNT5FC8
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#3]
There's this video of a TP9SF http://youtu.be/d5mXgYj0rgs?t=5m20s it's in Turkish however.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't wait for these to be imported along with the TP9 DA/SA V2. I love these things
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:34:01 AM EDT
[#6]
There is really no reason to by the SA when the SF might be imported to the USA. The decocker is really stupid and worst at a weird location. Wait for the SF or spend your money on something else. SA decocker is gimp handgun IMO.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if the SF model will remain as inexpensive as the TP9 pistols have been.  Given the high praise this pistol gets from most, sooner or later Century is going to raise the price.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SA decocker is gimp handgun IMO.
View Quote

So I guess by gimp handgun you mean super accurate and 100% reliable over thousands of rounds with no real world situation in which you would "accidently" hit the decocker?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So I guess by gimp handgun you mean super accurate and 100% reliable over thousands of rounds with no real world situation in which you would "accidently" hit the decocker?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's happened, and can be reliably recreated when carrying an OWB holster and constantly getting in and out of vehicles in a hurry. But instead of waiting for the SF, there's a rather simple, reversible modification that disables the decocker involving a toothpick, a ruler, and a nail cut to the proper length. That way you get to keep your LCI, if you like having one of those.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's happened, and can be reliably recreated when carrying an OWB holster and constantly getting in and out of vehicles in a hurry. But instead of waiting for the SF, there's a rather simple, reversible modification that disables the decocker involving a toothpick, a ruler, and a nail cut to the proper length. That way you get to keep your LCI, if you like having one of those.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any reason stiffer springs can't just be fabricated/ordered? I know it takes some force as it is. But say you can make it so that it takes 25+lbs of pressure to decock it. Might be just as good as having it disabled.
I've also been debating on using aluminum rods cut to length/size.

http://www.acxesspring.com/home.html
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Reminds me a lot of the Steyr M9-a1, just without the finger grooves that the Steyr has in the grip.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:47:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

TP9SA is not the only handgun out there. There are so many many good handguns without the gimpness of the TP9SA. Brand loyalty is stupid. The TP9SA is a gimp handgun and I wouldn't recommend it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top