Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2015 3:29:56 PM EDT
I picked-up this 9mm/P Star BKS at a local pawn shop this afternoon for $175.00 OTD. Sadly no box or extra mag. I think my LGS has a extra mag I can pick-up this weekend.

It is the aluminum-framed compact version of the B-Series. It weighs 26 oz. but as you would expect from a M1911 styled pistol the weight is distributed nicely.

From what I understand this model is fairly rare to come across.

It's roughly the size of a Tokerov and fits a Tok holster well. 8+1 capacity.

It's in nice shape and does not look to have been fired much. My only knock on it is the mag safety and the mag does not drop free due to it. That said it pops out about a inch to grab easily.

Imported by The Garcia Corporation, Washington D.C.. Given it's a '72 I suspect it was a pistol that was really handled by Interarms who helped and then bought the Garcia firearm import business after they got burned-out in the 1968 DC riots.

All kinds of under the table (for the .gov) things went on at Interarms around that time.  A acquaintance worked there at the time and told me about it.

Compared to a full-sized B-series.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice Star.  You might want to check SARCO for parts and spare mags.

CD
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I found a set of MOP stocks at my LGS for $10.00 and installed them.

What with the bright blue I think it looks pimptastic.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing says you have style like pearl grips
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing says you have style like pearl grips
View Quote

Yeah, now I'm ready for a Texas BBQ.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]
If it's the same as a BM, that mag safety can be taken care of in a minute or two.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it's the same as a BM, that mag safety can be taken care of in a minute or two.
View Quote

Yeah but mags are so expensive/ hard to find I really don't want them dropping.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one also. They are great guns. I learned not to dry fire them as the firing pin might break.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top