User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:46:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Update:

Christopher Jensen (Century Arms)
Feb 13, 12:10

We are aware of the issue and working on coming up with a resolution. Once we have a resolution we will inform customers.

It seems that we are nearing an official statement and resolution. Good news! Make sure you all have your warranty forms filled out with the correct information and submitted...just in case!
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update:

We are aware of the issue and working on coming up with a resolution. Once we have a resolution we will inform customers.

It seems that we are nearing an official statement and resolution. Good news! Make sure you all have your warranty forms filled out with the correct information and submitted...just in case!
View Quote

Absolutely.  

My buddy was told via email that he pistol was in the 3 step shipping process....  He sent them a response asking what that meant, and the response he received was was to the effect of "our shipping has three steps.  Contact us again next week".  He got that on Friday 2-13-15.  

Him and I are supposed to go out and do some shooting next weekend, so he is hoping to have the gun back before then.  He plans on doing a video of the unboxing to see what they did or did not do to the gun.  If that happens to be right before we head out of town the video upload may have to wait until Sunday night when we get back.  I will try to at least post up when he knows he will be getting it back...

Phil
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent. I can't wait.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Absolutely.  

My buddy was told via email that he pistol was in the 3 step shipping process....  He sent them a response asking what that meant, and the response he received was was to the effect of "our shipping has three steps.  Contact us again next week".  He got that on Friday 2-13-15.  

Him and I are supposed to go out and do some shooting next weekend, so he is hoping to have the gun back before then.  He plans on doing a video of the unboxing to see what they did or did not do to the gun.  If that happens to be right before we head out of town the video upload may have to wait until Sunday night when we get back.  I will try to at least post up when he knows he will be getting it back...

Phil
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update:

Absolutely.  

Phil

Did your buddy ever get the handgun back? I hope so as it's been about 11 days. As for an update on my end...

Feb 24, 17:04

Manufacturing is still investigating the issue but we have talked to Canik about the issue and should have something out by tomorrow.

I'm not sure where it will be announced but when I find out I will post it here and in a new thread.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Did your buddy ever get the handgun back? I hope so as it's been about 11 days. As for an update on my end...

Manufacturing is still investigating the issue but we have talked to Canik about the issue and should have something out by tomorrow.

I'm not sure where it will be announced but when I find out I will post it here and in a new thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update:

Absolutely.  

Phil

Sure doesn't.   When he emailed them on the 12th or 13th of Feb they told him it was in the 3 step shipping process.  He really thought he would have it before we took off last weekend.  He told me that he would call them today and find out what is going on.  Maybe the person that responded to his email had it wrong and they are still working on it.  I wouldn't think that would be the case, but who knows...  He is getting kind of frustrated with it I think.  

Lets just talk hypothetical...  Lets just say If his was the only gun that they accepted back on Warranty with this issue until they get this figured out and they wanted to keep it a little longer for measurements and such.  He would have no problem with it being there.  I think he is getting frustrated because he was told that it was in shipping over a week ago and still no word that it has actually shipped.  He has an odd work schedule so getting them on the phone is not easy.  Obviously email is easier and you have a record of all conversations, but it is hard to get answers from them it seems...

He still wants to do an unboxing video when it does ship back to him, and I will let you know what (if) he gets any info today.  

Phil
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#6]
My buddy talked to Century Arms today.  The lady he talked to said that all she could tell him is that it had a BOL# and that hopefully it would ship by the end of the week...  Which to me is crazy because it has been a week and a half since they told him it was in shipping...  Anyway, I got the idea from just chatting with my buddy via text that she (customer service rep) seemed nice about the whole thing, but told him that CAI should tell people that turn around for warranty work is 4-6 weeks.  She told him that most people are not told this and expect their stuff sooner...  

I will keep this updated when he finds out the gun ships....

Phil
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My buddy talked to Century Arms today.  The lady he talked to said that all she could tell him is that it had a BOL# and that hopefully it would ship by the end of the week...  Which to me is crazy because it has been a week and a half since they told him it was in shipping...  Anyway, I got the idea from just chatting with my buddy via text that she (customer service rep) seemed nice about the whole thing, but told him that CAI should tell people that turn around for warranty work is 4-6 weeks.  She told him that most people are not told this and expect their stuff sooner...  

Phil
View Quote

Ah. Now it makes sense. The expected turn-around time is much longer than expected. Perhaps they ship it back to Canik in Turkey for repairs of this type or they are waiting for Canik to ship them a new slide. I'm not sure. Did anyone initially tell your friend the expected turn-around time or was it just a general assumption based on previous experiences with other companies? Either way, 4 to 6 weeks is definitely on the long side. Much longer than I would have guessed. It's probably due to how many imported weapons and foreign manufacturers they have to deal with. Keep us updated!

On my end, Christopher has not made me aware of any announcement or update as was promised. In these situations I would normally start getting pissed off, everything considered but I'm starting to think they are spreading themselves too thin. We shall see. Either way, I love the TP9-SA but depending on how these collective situations turn out I might not do any more business with Century Arms in relation to their imported firearms. We shall see...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ah. Now it makes sense. The expected turn-around time is much longer than expected. Perhaps they ship it back to Canik in Turkey for repairs of this type or they are waiting for Canik to ship them a new slide. I'm not sure. Did anyone initially tell your friend the expected turn-around time or was it just a general assumption based on previous experiences with other companies? Either way, 4 to 6 weeks is definitely on the long side. Much longer than I would have guessed. It's probably due to how many imported weapons and foreign manufacturers they have to deal with. Keep us updated!

On my end, Christopher has not made me aware of any announcement or update as was promised. In these situations I would normally start getting pissed off, everything considered but I'm starting to think they are spreading themselves too thin. We shall see. Either way, I love the TP9-SA but depending on how these collective situations turn out I might not do any more business with Century Arms in relation to their imported firearms. We shall see...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Phil

When he sent it in there was no turn around time given.  So I think just the assumption that he would've at least heard something from them about what they are or are not doing by now is what was getting him frustrated.  If he had known ahead of time the turn around time then obviously it would not have been as big of a deal.  No communication can go a long way to add to the frustration, especially when you try and make contact and you do not get any real answers.  Oh well....  He really likes the gun so far too, but I don't think he is to happy with the Customer Service at this point.  

Phil
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Well the end of the week has come, and still no shipping info...  I think that you might be right, and maybe they did send his gun to Turkey.

Phil
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 4:28:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well the end of the week has come, and still no shipping info...  I think that you might be right, and maybe they did send his gun to Turkey.

Phil
View Quote

Those are my suspicions given the information we have access to. I figure they are analyzing the issue and designing a fix. This could correlate with the announcement Christopher made us aware of. At this point though, it's all wishful thinking because we have no information on either matter. Your buddy is essentially getting a "blank stare" and I'm getting ignored. It's like watching a well coordinated shell game...that monkeys are performing...on accident. Hahaha!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Those are my suspicions given the information we have access to. I figure they are analyzing the issue and designing a fix. This could correlate with the announcement Christopher made us aware of. At this point though, it's all wishful thinking because we have no information on either matter. Your buddy is essentially getting a "blank stare" and I'm getting ignored. It's like watching a well coordinated shell game...that monkeys are performing...on accident. Hahaha!
View Quote

LOL!  That actually had me laughing this morning.  Great comparison!

Phil
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:13:05 AM EDT
[#12]
After a less than polite eMail from my end I received this:

Mar 6, 09:53

Adam,

I apologize for the delay but we are still waiting on official word. They are currently in meetings with Canik to see what they have to say about the issue so we can best inform the users. I can assure you once I have official word on the issue you will be the first to know.
View Quote

Apparently I'm special. Wow! I can best sum it up in this way...Beautiful women grow up being given the world so most of the time they don't develop a good personality as it's never been necessary. Everyday or ugly women usually have to put effort into the interactions they have with other people, scaling by how attractive they are. What we have here is a drunk 2 who thinks she's Katy Perry. Most of the men who are reading this know exactly what I'm talking about. That aside, I'll update this thread and create a new one once I get the official word. This whole thing is really sigh-worthy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Still no word on my buddies gun.  

Not sure if you saw this on YouTube or not, but this was a live Google Chat about a week ago or so.  They bring up the "scratch" and basically call it a non issue.  The Century rep goes on to say that they have had no returns because of this issue.  He said that after selling about 8-9,000 pistols they have only had 3 returns, and those three were for spring issues.  We also know from this thread that there has been at least one return for a trigger issue.  Anyway, here is the video and it is cued up to the spot where they talk about it.  http://youtu.be/RIq1rd4IIYw?t=1h7m11s.  I personally disagree with the one guys comment about it only happening with an empty mag.  And I also do not like the way the rep says that it is just cosmetic and a non issue.  Well probably most of the time it is not going to be an issue, but there could be issues at some point.  Not to mention the fact that something is out of spec and rubbing where it is not supposed to.  So that is NOT normal.  I still do not think this is a bad gun, but I hate the way they seem to be trying to just skate around this.  Plus if it was such a non issue, why are they still having meetings about it, and why have they had my buddies pistol for 5 or 6 weeks now.

Phil
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Sootch looks like Pauly Walnuts in that vid^

FYI my new original TP9 not SA has a mild line in the same spot but it is NOT displacing metal like your bud's gun had
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Still no word on my buddies gun.  

Not sure if you saw this on YouTube or not, but this was a live Google Chat about a week ago or so.  They bring up the "scratch" and basically call it a non issue.  The Century rep goes on to say that they have had no returns because of this issue.  He said that after selling about 8-9,000 pistols they have only had 3 returns, and those three were for spring issues.  We also know from this thread that there has been at least one return for a trigger issue.  Anyway, here is the video and it is cued up to the spot where they talk about it.  http://youtu.be/RIq1rd4IIYw?t=1h7m11s.  I personally disagree with the one guys comment about it only happening with an empty mag.  And I also do not like the way the rep says that it is just cosmetic and a non issue.  Well probably most of the time it is not going to be an issue, but there could be issues at some point.  Not to mention the fact that something is out of spec and rubbing where it is not supposed to.  So that is NOT normal.  I still do not think this is a bad gun, but I hate the way they seem to be trying to just skate around this.  Plus if it was such a non issue, why are they still having meetings about it, and why have they had my buddies pistol for 5 or 6 weeks now.

Phil
View Quote

Thank you for the video. I have not seen it. My whole thing is that this is obviously an issue that is being caused by a slight error in specifications and requires an official statement on how to rectify the situation. Do I have any reason what-so-ever to believe this will ever cause a malfunction? No. Is it merely cosmetic? More than likely. The fact of the matter stands. Something is happening that should not be. We are entitled to know why and what to do about it. If it was simply nothing then like you said...why have continuous meetings about how to deal with it?! The problem here, for me, lies solely on the customer service angle. The product performs perfectly and I have every confidence that it will continue to do so given the data.

As an aside, my slide isn't at the level of damage your friend's slide is. I have nowhere near the amount of metal displacement. Perhaps that issue coupled with your other issues can be chaulked up to a bad run. Either way, here's hoping for an actual solution instead of frivolous meetings and false promises.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Picked up 2 for range use, both have approx. 600 rounds each.

Cleaned them up and inspected area neither are showing any marks in slide and 4 mags have no marks or nicks on them.

Will keep a eye on it.  Thanks OP
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thank you for the video. I have not seen it. My whole thing is that this is obviously an issue that is being caused by a slight error in specifications and requires an official statement on how to rectify the situation. Do I have any reason what-so-ever to believe this will ever cause a malfunction? No. Is it merely cosmetic? More than likely. The fact of the matter stands. Something is happening that should not be. We are entitled to know why and what to do about it. If it was simply nothing then like you said...why have continuous meetings about how to deal with it?! The problem here, for me, lies solely on the customer service angle. The product performs perfectly and I have every confidence that it will continue to do so given the data.

As an aside, my slide isn't at the level of damage your friend's slide is. I have nowhere near the amount of metal displacement. Perhaps that issue coupled with your other issues can be chaulked up to a bad run. Either way, here's hoping for an actual solution instead of frivolous meetings and false promises.
View Quote

^^^  YEP ^^^  

They have a issue.  Even though it is minor, it is an issue.

Phil
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cleaned them up and inspected area neither are showing any marks in slide and 4 mags have no marks or nicks on them.

View Quote

The original model in black or the new tan model? Thank you for the input! Good to hear. I wonder if you have a new revision...
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The original model in black or the new tan model? Thank you for the input! Good to hear. I wonder if you have a new revision...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both newer Tan model.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Both newer Tan model.
View Quote

Hmmmmm,  Awesome.

Phil
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Both newer Tan model.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both newer Tan model.

As I suspected. It seems it was enough of an issue that they fixed it in the newer revision! Clock's ticking, Century Arms!
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Still just twiddling our thumbs and waiting....

Phil
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Well I do have some good news... A bit off topic though

Appears CZ75 front sights fit the Canik TP9SA. Not sure about the rear sight though.

Rear dovetail looks similar.

I'd order a pair of night sights but I'm broke at the moment. (tuition payment, rent, bills, etc) back to back >.<

So if anyone else wants to try it out let me know <.<

Seriously wondering why fiber optic sights cost more than the meprolights for the CZ series...

These seem sweet for $73 but are on back order

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/819903/lpa-spr-sight-set-cz-75-85-with-dovetail-front-sight-steel-white-outline

I'll order a pair eventually. Worse case scenerio, if they don't fit. I'll probably buy a Canik Shark/Stingray

Also the Canik slide will not work in a Glock or M&P MGW sight pusher. The slide is too high and would come into contact with the pusher. Not sure how easy the sights slide out. I'll check now.

Edit: Im not even sure what tool can remove the rear sight screws. Looks like a torx or allen screw possibly. I didn't have anything small enough to use at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, here it is folks. The lackluster conclusion to the slide marring saga:

Mar 11, 10:54

Adam,

We have just received word from the manufacture.

The scratch in the slide occurs when the operator inserts the mag by hitting and at the same time releasing the slide. It is caused by the tolerance difference of the lips of magazines and it is only cosmetic and has no effect on the functionality or safety of the pistol.
View Quote

My reply:

If that were true, then why would the manufacturer waste time FIXING the issue on the new tan model? We have reports on ARFCOM stating no such scratch occurs on the tan model. Are you willing to offer a free 1:1 replacement / upgrade to the tan model? To be honest, that statement is not a "solution". You clearly state it's due to a tolerance difference. A tolerance difference is an error in design. What happens if people don't want to own a firearm with an inherent flaw due to an oversight? How is Canik / Century Arms planning to make it right?
View Quote

I make the reply with the intention of creating a solution for those who are unsatisfied. I do not plan to trade out or get a refund for my handgun. What I am looking for is a reason to do any further business with Century Arms. The reply to my inquiry above will dictate that. So, there you go boys and girls. For better or for worse we now have our reply.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well I do have some good news... A bit off topic though

Appears CZ75 front sights fit the Canik TP9SA. Not sure about the rear sight though.

http://images2.opticsplanet.com/365-240-ffffff/opplanet-trijicon-3-dot-green-yellow-night-sight-set-cz75-and-cz99-w-dovetail-front-cz02y-main.jpg

Rear dovetail looks similar.

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/TP9SA_01A.jpg

I'd order a pair of night sights but I'm broke at the moment. (tuition payment, rent, bills, etc) back to back >.<

So if anyone else wants to try it out let me know <.<

Seriously wondering why fiber optic sights cost more than the meprolights for the CZ series...

These seem sweet for $73 but are on back order

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/819903/lpa-spr-sight-set-cz-75-85-with-dovetail-front-sight-steel-white-outline

I'll order a pair eventually. Worse case scenerio, if they don't fit. I'll probably buy a Canik Shark/Stingray

Also the Canik slide will not work in a Glock or M&P MGW sight pusher. The slide is too high and would come into contact with the pusher. Not sure how easy the sights slide out. I'll check now.

Edit: Im not even sure what tool can remove the rear sight screws. Looks like a torx or allen screw possibly. I didn't have anything small enough to use at the moment.
View Quote

Looks like a viable option. What would be awesome is if we could find someone who already owns both the CZ75 and the TP9-SA. Then they could just attempt to swap sights and let us know how it goes / what adjustments need to be made. Thanks for the information!
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Just FYI my desert tan version has the same mark as my black one.  Scratch after 900 rounds.  David

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Yours looks pretty gnarly.  Very similar to my buddies gun, which seems to be worse than most.  

Phil
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#28]
So this scratch in the slide is causing issues?  FTFs or FTEs?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing reported.  Probably wont.

Phil
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#30]
No issues.  I've got 1200 rounds throught the tan one and over 1100 through the black one as of today and haven't had a single malfunction.  The scratch in the picture looks worse because the gun was filthy.  The slide is just rubbing on the right side of the feed lip on the magazine.  I haven't done any speed reloads or tried to auto forward the slide.  David

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:16:32 AM EDT
[#31]
I used a dremel and took a few thousenths off the right side of my feed lips.  The problem seems to have went away.  No more damage done to the slide and works fine.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#32]
So my buddy talked to Century again yesterday and they told him that his gun is Still in shipping.  Without going back and looking, I think it has now been in shipping for about 4 weeks.  At least this time they were able to tell him what they did to the gun.  They filed off the burrs on the gouge and worked on the magazines.  Not exactly sure what "worked" on the mags means, but that is what they told him.  The lady he talked to said she was going to contact shipping and try to find out what is going on, and that if he has not heard anything from them, he should call back on Friday...  

That is all for now, I will update again as I have more info.

Phil
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:45:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So my buddy talked to Century again yesterday and they told him that his gun is Still in shipping.  Without going back and looking, I think it has now been in shipping for about 4 weeks.  At least this time they were able to tell him what they did to the gun.  They filed off the burrs on the gouge and worked on the magazines.  Not exactly sure what "worked" on the mags means, but that is what they told him.  The lady he talked to said she was going to contact shipping and try to find out what is going on, and that if he has not heard anything from them, he should call back on Friday...  

That is all for now, I will update again as I have more info.

Phil
View Quote

I believe "worked on the magazines" means they shaved them down a bit where it would contact the slide. Not something I would recommend as the problem does not lie with Mec-Gar. Their magazines are among the best in the world. That means two things:

1) The handgun wasn't exactly fixed. It was just deburred. If you buy more magazines for it, the problem will return.
2) The magazines are now more likely to have bullet retention issues (IE double feeding).

All in all I don't consider the issue resolved. Neither Century Arms or Canik seem like they are going to do anything above or beyond what has already been done. It just is what it is. Century Arms is off my list of companies I will do business with. I've updated my thread with my latest eMail to them and will post their reply...if there is one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#34]
I agree that what they did was probably just deburred.  I doubt that they actually machined it.  

For the mags, I am not sure what to think.  They specifically told others not to mess with the magazines.  My buddy and I talked about the exact issue of him buying a few more mags and wondering what will happen.

We will see when he eventually gets his gun back.

Phil
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Still twiddling thumbs here.  It has now been 6 weeks since they first told my buddy that his gun was on its way back.  He is shooting them another email today to try and find out what is going on.  

I am on a TP9 User Group in Facebook and one of the people there mentioned the gouging and what the official word was from Century.  I had responded and said that it is probably no big deal functionally, but that it is still not supposed to be there, and that Century came up with a bogus "official" response.  Went on to say that my buddy has a gun at century somewhere for this problem that no one can find.  So Jacob Herman (Direcotr of New Business Development at Century) commented on the post and asked me to PM him my buddies name.  I thought Great, someone higher up in the company looking into it.  So I sent him the PM (Sunday 3/22/15) , and I have not heard anything back from him.  I tagged him in a few posts so that he would be reminded of me sending it to him, and still nothing.  That seems to be typical of their customer service experience so far.  And he did have a slightly different response as to why the gouge appears.  He just said "The mark is caused by the magazine being slightly taller than intended. All of our staff personal guns have this. It does in no way affect function or reliability. We have had zero problems due to this issue, and we are not aware of anyone having a malfunction.".  So my buddy and I are starting to think he is never going to see his gun again.  I mean 6 weeks in shipping?  WTF!

That is all for now.
Phil
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Hello, My name is Jason and I work for Century Arms. If you are having an issue with getting your TP-9SA shipped back to you please give is a call at 1-800-527-1252  extension 309 - I am following this thread and would like to lend any assistance that I can.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Thanks Jason!  I passed your info on to him, but have not heard back from him yet.  He works odd hours, but if he is not already at work he will probably call today!

Thanks,
Phil
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#38]
I also wanted to mention that Jacob Herman did reach out today and said that he has been on the road for 2 weeks plus had a death in the family.  So that is why I did not get anything back from him...

Phil
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:26:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hello, My name is Jason and I work for Century Arms. If you are having an issue with getting your TP-9SA shipped back to you please give is a call at 1-800-527-1252  extension 309 - I am following this thread and would like to lend any assistance that I can.
View Quote

Jason, I just wanted to make sure that you got his message yesterday.  He told me that he called around noon time and got your voice mail.  He left you a message but never heard back.

Phil
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Jason, I just wanted to make sure that you got his message yesterday.  He told me that he called around noon time and got your voice mail.  He left you a message but never heard back.

Phil
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Phil

This is such typical behavior from Century Arms. They act so eager to solve a problem up and until the point when they know what it is. Then they either ignore you, give you a bogus explanation or a combination of the two. You saw the fruits of their efforts in my thread. We're now at 16 days without a response to my legitimate concerns / arguments. I send my condolences to Jacob on his loss...however, he should not be the only person whose responsibility it is to satisfy the customer. I'll post a link to my thread again for reference:

LINK

"Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again."
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#41]
No call back again yesterday.  How the hell does that work.  He (Century Rep) reaches out on a public forum.  He gets a the call he requested just a couple hours later.  It was around lunch time (here in the midwest anyway) so no big deal that he did not answer.  Message was left, but after two days still no return phone call.  Customer service at its best.

Phil
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No call back again yesterday.  How the hell does that work.  He (Century Rep) reaches out on a public forum.  He gets a the call he requested just a couple hours later.  It was around lunch time (here in the midwest anyway) so no big deal that he did not answer.  Message was left, but after two days still no return phone call.  Customer service at its best.

Phil
View Quote

Not surprising given their track record. Some people still wonder why I won't do business with them anymore like I'm hyper-inflating the situation. Our threads are perfect highlights of the core issue.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Today is 7 weeks since my buddy was told that his pistol was on its way back to him.  And no one can give him any answers as to where it is.  He has called multiple times over the past week and had to leave a message every time.  He did not always leave a message, but he has left several.  Including at least one message for Jason and he has never gotten a return phone call.

Again customer service at its best!

Phil
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Today is 7 weeks since my buddy was told that his pistol was on its way back to him.  And no one can give him any answers as to where it is.  He has called multiple times over the past week and had to leave a message every time.  He did not always leave a message, but he has left several.  Including at least one message for Jason and he has never gotten a return phone call.

Again customer service at its best!

Phil
View Quote

sarcasm
Wow. That's surprising. I'm surprised. Are you surprised? What a surprise!
/sarcasm
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:42:32 PM EDT
[#45]

User:
jkarvois

Posts Per Day:
Last Login Date:
3/31/2015 2:59:26 PM EDT
Last Post Date:
3/26/2015 10:14:31 AM EDT
View Quote

Looks like he logged in yesterday just to have a look at how the thread is degenerating and had nothing to say. How odd.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:52:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
sarcasm
Wow. That's surprising. I'm surprised. Are you surprised? What a surprise!
/sarcasm
View Quote

Extremely surprised...

It really feels like they are just putting their head in the sand, just hoping that this goes away, or somehow fixes its self.

Phil
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#47]
So a few days ago I posted on Century's Facebook wall about it being 7 weeks since my buddies gun was supposedly on its way back to him.  They responded with a customer service managers number and extension.  He called it yesterday and left yet another message only to receive NO return phone call.  I went back to their FB page to let them know that he never received a return phone call and the thread was gone.  I posted it again this morning and it only lasted a few min before it got deleted.  Before I realized it was gone I posted about it in aTP9 users group on Facebook and Jacob Herman (Director of New Business Development for Century Arms) posted to the thread in the TP9 Users group and said "Actually I deleted it".  What a classy move to showcase how fantastic their customer service is.

I sincerely hope that no one ever needs anything from Century Arms.  As they are really showing their true colors in how they like to treat their customers.  In case anyone is interested this is what I posted on their wall this morning.

"My last post got deleted, so I am going to do it again. 7 Weeks and 2 days now. That is how long my buddies pistol has been in shipping and on its way back to him. He is not much of a computer guy so I am posting for him. In my last post I pointed out that he has contacted Century multiple times about this. At first Century was responsive (when it had only just been in shipping for a few days or maybe a week or two). Since then he has had ZERO luck in talking to anyone there. He has called and left messages and never gotten return phone calls. A little over a week ago Jacob Herman reached out to me on another FB group and told me to give him my buddies info and he would look into it. Gave him the info and never heard back. Then just a day or two later a CSR named Jason contacted me on a forum http://www.ar15.com/…/156687_Canik_TP9SA_Slide_Marring.html… and posted his number and extension for my buddy to call. He called and left a message and never got a response. He called back again and got a message that all lines were busy. He called back again and left another message (not sure with whom this time). I have lost track with how many times he has called and left messages. Well then I posted about it here on THIS FB page and was given a number to the Customer Service Manager. I passed it on to him and he called and left ANOTHER message only to NEVER receive a phone call back. So again, his pistol was sent in for Warranty Repair and on Feb 11th, 2015 when he inquired as to the status of the gun he was told that it was in their 3 step shipping process and on its way back to him. So it has supposedly been in shipping for 52 days now, and no body seems to be able to tell him where it is."

Phil
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So a few days ago I posted on Century's Facebook wall about it being 7 weeks since my buddies gun was supposedly on its way back to him.  They responded with a customer service managers number and extension.  He called it yesterday and left yet another message only to receive NO return phone call.  I went back to their FB page to let them know that he never received a return phone call and the thread was gone.  I posted it again this morning and it only lasted a few min before it got deleted.  Before I realized it was gone I posted about it in aTP9 users group on Facebook and Jacob Herman (Director of New Business Development for Century Arms) posted to the thread in the TP9 Users group and said "Actually I deleted it".  What a classy move to showcase how fantastic their customer service is.

I sincerely hope that no one ever needs anything from Century Arms.  As they are really showing their true colors in how they like to treat their customers.  In case anyone is interested this is what I posted on their wall this morning.

"My last post got deleted, so I am going to do it again. 7 Weeks and 2 days now. That is how long my buddies pistol has been in shipping and on its way back to him. He is not much of a computer guy so I am posting for him. In my last post I pointed out that he has contacted Century multiple times about this. At first Century was responsive (when it had only just been in shipping for a few days or maybe a week or two). Since then he has had ZERO luck in talking to anyone there. He has called and left messages and never gotten return phone calls. A little over a week ago Jacob Herman reached out to me on another FB group and told me to give him my buddies info and he would look into it. Gave him the info and never heard back. Then just a day or two later a CSR named Jason contacted me on a forum http://www.ar15.com/…/156687_Canik_TP9SA_Slide_Marring.html… and posted his number and extension for my buddy to call. He called and left a message and never got a response. He called back again and got a message that all lines were busy. He called back again and left another message (not sure with whom this time). I have lost track with how many times he has called and left messages. Well then I posted about it here on THIS FB page and was given a number to the Customer Service Manager. I passed it on to him and he called and left ANOTHER message only to NEVER receive a phone call back. So again, his pistol was sent in for Warranty Repair and on Feb 11th, 2015 when he inquired as to the status of the gun he was told that it was in their 3 step shipping process and on its way back to him. So it has supposedly been in shipping for 52 days now, and no body seems to be able to tell him where it is."

Phil
View Quote

So, now not only are they passively ignoring your requests for support but they are ACTIVELY deleting and dodging them. If I were you, I would make a back-up of this thread every time new information is posted on it just in case CAI gets in the ear of a mod and censors you AGAIN! I'm going to be honest. I don't even want my TP9-SA at this point. I don't want ANYTHING associated with this cancer of a company regardless of how the product works. This is one of THE WORST examples of customer disrespect I have ever heard of. I hope this situation goes viral and people lose their jobs! I would love for this to be a STICKY thread and kept somewhere as a warning for others not to do business with Century Arms. They deserve to be on the Wall Of Shame!
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#49]
This is pretty disheartening to hear.

"I'd solve your problem but I had spend the time reading and delete your facebook comment".

Like that seriously takes any more than 2 minutes or so? Why even offer to help at all if you have that attitude.. Or a at least take a break until personal issues are taken care of.
There is no reason at all to treat paying customers that way. There is no reason at all to act all Opaque and mysterious in regards to communicating with customers.

You guys sure have no issues shipping these things to vendors. How about you take some priority and ship out a customers pistol he already paid for...
If I purchased this directly from Century I would have a chargeback issued. I bet this would get that pistol shipped back out in no time.

I'm kind of glad this came to light. My TP9SA was a Shits and giggles purchase. Seriously makes me want to shop elsewhere for an AK and an HK clone.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#50]
So Jacob Herman had said this was on his "To Do List" for today on the TP9 Facebook Group.  Well my buddy never received a phone call or email from anyone at Century.   So we will see what next week brings.

Capt - My buddy bought his gun from Bud's ran about 350 rounds thought it.  Noticed the gouge in the slide and called Century.  They told him it shouldn't do that and to send it in for warranty work.  On Feb 11th is when they told him that it was done and on its way back to him.  Since then no one has been able to tell him where it is.  They have no actual shipping info, just that it is in shipping.  

I honestly really wanted to pick up one of these TP9SA's.  But customer service like this will keep me away for sure.

Phil
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top